Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

natashina
11.30.2012 , 04:53 PM | #3421
I'll simply say this.

If it was scrapped, then even the off handed comment from the PvP developer would not have happened. The fact that he knew it was done and just getting onto the schedule means that they completed it. Writing, animation, VAs and editing have already been completed.

Links or it didn't happen, right? Well, here's the link to the video:

Edit: adding the fixed link:

Gabe's comment.

If someone thinks we have better things to do, then I don't know why they post telling us that. I certainly wouldn't go into the SSP thread and tell them to stop asking for information.

I'm not feeling well and I have an emergency trip the dentist, so I'm going to be very blunt.

<----- There's the exit. If you come in here just to troll, or tell us we've wasting our time, don't let it hit you on the rear on your way out.

*best Samuel Jackson voice* Common courtesy, do you speak it?!?

Having a sore and infected tooth is not good for a Jedi's patience.

I've got the heart of a Jedi and the passions of a Sith. Guess which is dominate right now?

Edit: I'm waiting for JC to get back to us, then probably start my own letter to GLAAD. I'm sick and tired of BW/EA talking about how "inclusive" they are with SGR content in other games and allow the assumption that it was already in ToR onto other sites. I feel really used right now and they deserve every bit of pressure that this is going to put on them.

Edit #2: Boy, if a moderator actually reads this thread, they might want to talk to their bosses. I doubt if they read this though, so it'll probably blindside them. And they'll be wondering, "What, what did we do wrong?"

Edit #3: I see no problem with the "straight but not narrow," supporters writing to GLAAD. You don't have to be LGBTQ in order to write in your concerns. From what I've noticed, the straight but not narrow group is more than welcome. Plus, we are all human beings, adults and gamers. Everyone should have the right to write to whomever they can to end this stupid game of silence.

Tatile
11.30.2012 , 05:14 PM | #3422
Nothing wrong with being passionate about compassion, Natashina. I've sent my message to GLAAD (used my real name! Figured I'd put my money where my... fingers... are). Maybe they'll notice if they receive a few messages about the subject, maybe not, but still I feel a little bit better for the fact we're reaching out.

Nozybidaj
11.30.2012 , 05:33 PM | #3423
Edit:
Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post
If it was scrapped, then even the off handed comment from the PvP developer would not have happened. The fact that he knew it was done and just getting onto the schedule means that they completed it. Writing, animation, VAs and editing have already been completed.

Links or it didn't happen, right? Well, here's the link to the video:

Gabe's comment.
First, link takes me to "Video does not exist" lol.

Second, we really have no idea what schedule he was referring to. Did he mean the release schedule? Maybe. Of course he might have been talking about the design schedule, in which case they haven't so much as even talked about it internally yet. Unfortunately we have no idea because *drumroll* BW won't talk about it.

Edit #2: Boy, if a moderator actually reads this thread, they might want to talk to their bosses. I doubt if they read this though, so it'll probably blindside them. And they'll be wondering, "What, what did we do wrong?"
I doubt anyone views this thread unless posts get reported for trolling/harassment.

Edit #3: I see no problem with the "straight but not narrow," supporters writing to GLAAD. You don't have to be LGBTQ in order to write in your concerns. From what I've noticed, the straight but not narrow group is more than welcome. Plus, we are all human beings, adults and gamers. Everyone should have the right to write to whomever they can to end this stupid game of silence.
Agreed, anyone with an interest in this might as well join the band wagon. Having more people speaking up about it might impress the displeasure we have more forcefully.

Nozybidaj
11.30.2012 , 05:45 PM | #3424
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Bioware claim to be an LGBT friendly organisation and producer, but their handling of same-sex content in Star Wars: The Old Republic seems to very much put that in doubt.
Maybe I'm splitting hairs here, but The Bioware - Edmonton Team very much is a GLBT friendly developer. Bioware - Austin which is a completely separate entity though is clearly not. I don't know if that is an important distinction to make or not, probably too granular for the purposes of raising a complaint with GLAAD. Still I draw that distinction for myself.

Tatile
11.30.2012 , 05:47 PM | #3425
Quote: Originally Posted by Nozybidaj View Post
Maybe I'm splitting hairs here, but The Bioware - Edmonton Team very much is a GLBT friendly developer. Bioware - Austin which is a completely separate entity though is clearly not. I don't know if that is an important distinction to make or not, probably too granular for the purposes of raising a complaint with GLAAD. Still I draw that distinction for myself.
They're representative of Bioware, whether they like it or not.

natashina
11.30.2012 , 05:50 PM | #3426
Ha!

BioWare, you cannot stop me. The Force is with me!

After the Disney post, and the oh so lovely way my question about it was ignored, there is no way in hell that the moderators ever read this thread. That was the last bit of convincing I needed.

Yes, I cuss...quite a bit actually. But since I'm just a person with an avatar and words when it comes to the net, I try to keep it as minimal as possible.

We might not know what schedule he means, but the fact he's even talking about it so matter of factly is the only proof we really have that SGRs are done.

Yeah, that helps. Tons. Thanks BioWare.

Got another Gabe vid. Go on, make this harder BioWare.

Nozybidaj
11.30.2012 , 05:58 PM | #3427
Ha!

BioWare, you cannot stop me. The Force is with me!

After the Disney post, and the oh so lovely way my question about it was ignore, there is no way in hell that the moderators ever read this thread. That was the last bit of convincing I needed.

Got another Gabe vid. Go on, make this harder BioWare.
Okay, first I've seen that. Honestly? He looked like he had no clue and just made something up after getting taken off guard (how often does the PvP guy get asked about SGRA's anyway). He sounded like he didn't have any better idea about it than we do.

Rayla_Felana
11.30.2012 , 06:00 PM | #3428
Okay, first I've seen that. Honestly? He looked like he had no clue and just made something up after getting taken off guard (how often does the PvP guy get asked about SGRA's anyway). He sounded like he didn't have any better idea about it than we do.
I'd agree, but then Hall Hood the lead writer confirmed it on twitter and then deleted that tweet, what does that mean? I have no idea.

fabiyun
11.30.2012 , 06:02 PM | #3429
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
I'd agree, but then Hall Hood the lead writer confirmed it on twitter and then deleted that tweet, what does that mean? I have no idea.
It just looks like none of them know what's up, but vaguely remember that at some point something with it was up.
"..the worst kind of DARTH one can dig up!"

natashina
11.30.2012 , 06:03 PM | #3430
What would he gain making that up? I could see the opposite, getting into trouble, for daring to speak about it. This subject has been so hush-hush that I'm surprised more versions of that video haven't been taken down.

Interestingly enough, the first link I had used was the one that Hall Hood used for his deleted confirmation Tweet.

This the Tweet. Good thing I snagged it that night he put it up. I loathe Twitter, but I was actually following his stupid feed that night:

Quote: Originally Posted by Hall Hood
Hall Hood @hallhood (1 of 2) To all the folks who have been expressing interest in SGRs, here is the official word from Gabe Amatangelo:

He may not work even in the same department, but "water cooler talk," still goes on.

Gabe also didn't have to answer it; I've seen EA/BW devs dodging various game questions in ways that would make Neo proud.