Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ThatGnome
11.26.2012 , 05:19 AM | #3301
Quote: Originally Posted by Palar View Post
I really shouldn't have checked the DA:I forums to see what the latest word was... seeing the likes of Gaider and Sheryl Chee actually giving answers (even to the stupid threads) and even making jokes even though there's a long time before release and things can change... and then there's this.

<snip>

Not only is it a depressing contrast, but it also kills the argument that "BioWare don't talk about things before they're done."
What story spoilers are they (Gaider and Chee) giving out?

Are SGRs story content?

Is there a conclusion to be drawn from this?

MoogleNut
11.26.2012 , 05:56 AM | #3302
Quote: Originally Posted by ThatGnome View Post

Are SGRs story content?

They're not giving anything away yet, but the fact is they are very active on the BSN, discussing things about DA3, such as it exist at the moment and by extension any issues that arise.

The conclusion is - David Gaider is a god among men, and if he was over on this side of the Bioware fence, SGRAs would't be an issue. Even if we didn't have them yet, he wouldn't be hiding away refusing to talk to us, and most importatnlty, he's the first one to shout down (with his amazing word skills) the more rabid of the anti-crowd.

I love Gaider - there I said it - inatotallyplatonicwaycushebeingamanandmenotbeingin tomen

Sheryl Chee and the rest of the Bioware Canada crew are all pretty awesome too - even if you don't agree with everything they say, they at least engage with the fans and stand up for the 'minorities'.

fabiyun
11.26.2012 , 10:03 AM | #3303
Quote: Originally Posted by Aebrynis View Post
The one character I am most definitely not interested in having an SGRA (or a opposite-gender, for that matter), is my inquisitor. You get either Andronikus Revel or Ashara Zavros, and that is it, and I simply cannot stand either of them. Their personalities are like sandpaper on an open wound. My opinion is that it might have been deliberate on BW's part, so you could safely level at least one character without same-gender romance being an issue. And wow, is it ever not an issue in this case.

That aside, the more time passes, the more inclined I am to just proceed with other toons, regardless of gender - it is looking like same-gender romance is wishful thinking, something else that's going to sit on the back burner until it boils away completely.
I think Andronikus is sexy though. And I was shocked seeing Revan, what a hot piece of pixels. Too bad he can't be romanced.

But on a serious note. I don't see how they're going to adjust current companions. What would happen to everyone's legacy unlocks? Would they be reset with all companion dialogue? Moreover it doesn't add anything new, it just changes what already was, and that's a waste of everything. I'm not holding back on companion quests. I think it's highly unlikely anything will be changed there.
"..the worst kind of DARTH one can dig up!"

Eleuril
11.26.2012 , 10:23 AM | #3304
Quote: Originally Posted by fabiyun View Post
I think Andronikus is sexy though. And I was shocked seeing Revan, what a hot piece of pixels. Too bad he can't be romanced.

But on a serious note. I don't see how they're going to adjust current companions. What would happen to everyone's legacy unlocks? Would they be reset with all companion dialogue? Moreover it doesn't add anything new, it just changes what already was, and that's a waste of everything. I'm not holding back on companion quests. I think it's highly unlikely anything will be changed there.
This is why some people are holding off levelling characters or completing companion quests. Some people might consider it unlikely that they will alter existing companions, but we simply don't know that. Not for certain, no matter how likely or unlikely we think it may be. Some people don't want to risk locking themselves out of SGR content on existing characters, since there is a chance that if they do it with existing companions we won't be able to somehow reset companion conversations we have already completed.

This comes back to the lack of information. We can speculate all we like but in the end we just don't know. It might be with existing companions or it might not. We might be able to reset conversations or we might not. We might be "safe" if we stopped levelling characters at a certain point or we might have to start all over again. We might have to reach a certain level to unlock a new SGR companion. And so on.

Melycinya
11.26.2012 , 10:49 AM | #3305
Quote: Originally Posted by Eleuril View Post
It might be with existing companions or it might not. We might be able to reset conversations or we might not. We might be "safe" if we stopped levelling characters at a certain point or we might have to start all over again. We might have to reach a certain level to unlock a new SGR companion. And so on.
Yeah, more information on this would be REALLY fantastic. I'm now seriously hoping for the chance to reset companion conversations as well as a gender switch. Jedi Knight rambling ahead:
Spoiler

SO YEAH. Conversation reset, and gender switch because playing a knight was a miserable experience for me (despite the good story, Republic makes me cringe and I cannot stand melee), and I never want to go through it all again.
I love turning heads.
My favorite part is the kr-KRAK just before they throw themselves at my feet.

Palar
11.26.2012 , 12:51 PM | #3306
Quote: Originally Posted by ThatGnome View Post

Are SGRs story content?

I'll point you to these posts.

Quote: Originally Posted by Zandilar View Post
I just logged into my Jedi Knight thinking I'd play her for a little while before dinner... Then I spotted Kira standing on the bridge of the ship, with her "talk to me" sign over her head. I sighed and then logged out.

I have a few characters in the same situation at the moment. I wish they'd hurry up and tell us how SGRA are going to work for older characters.
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthArturus View Post
Same here. I have a level 50 female sorc and haven't had any talks with Ashara yet. Waiting in hopes for SGRA here.
And my female warrior is in wait to talk to Jaesa.
We're not asking for the scripts - most of the frustation brewing stems from not knowing how it will work.

- Do we have to stop levelling and/or talking to companions to see it?
- Are people who hit 50 and/or finished the companion arcs out of luck?

If they are dismissing "Reset, resume, or reroll?" with "Dude, spoilers!", that would be very obstinate indeed.

Baptes
11.26.2012 , 05:32 PM | #3307
Quote: Originally Posted by Aebrynis View Post
The one character I am most definitely not interested in having an SGRA (or a opposite-gender, for that matter), is my inquisitor. You get either Andronikus Revel or Ashara Zavros, and that is it, and I simply cannot stand either of them. Their personalities are like sandpaper on an open wound. My opinion is that it might have been deliberate on BW's part, so you could safely level at least one character without same-gender romance being an issue. And wow, is it ever not an issue in this case.

That aside, the more time passes, the more inclined I am to just proceed with other toons, regardless of gender - it is looking like same-gender romance is wishful thinking, something else that's going to sit on the back burner until it boils away completely.
So agree. My SI is the one character I had zero trouble worrying about romances on. Old Andy does nothing for me and Ashara just annoys me. "Don't make me go against my teachings". Lady, I'm Sith. Even if I lean towards the light side I do it solely for my own reasons, not to appease some code of the lightside or something.

Which is a real pity since I love the voice actress. They just gave her the most annoying lines and put them on "Repeat".

Baptes
11.26.2012 , 05:46 PM | #3308
Quote: Originally Posted by Palar View Post
I'll point you to these posts.

We're not asking for the scripts - most of the frustation brewing stems from not knowing how it will work.

- Do we have to stop levelling and/or talking to companions to see it?
- Are people who hit 50 and/or finished the companion arcs out of luck?

If they are dismissing "Reset, resume, or reroll?" with "Dude, spoilers!", that would be very obstinate indeed.
Exactly. We (at least I think the majority of us) simply want to know how it works, not every little detail. What information we are asking for is so minor it would have little to no impact spoilerwise. Yet they won't even address those simple little requests for info and haven't for a year now.

And to top it off until recently we were allowed all of one thread hidden in Story and Lore. Numerous Big Butt Jedi Robes threads, countless music loop threads, hood toggle, chat bubbles ect and this topic is only allowed one (now two) thread(s) and we have gotten NO official word, unlike almost every other topic.

Is it any wonder people are frustrated?

And as has been proven yet again by the more action bars thing, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Time to get to squeaking louder I guess.

Nozybidaj
11.26.2012 , 10:06 PM | #3309
Quote: Originally Posted by Baptes View Post
And as has been proven yet again by the more action bars thing, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Time to get to squeaking louder I guess.
Back at the beginning of the year before I left you couldn't get much squeakier than we were. This topic is simply handled differently than any other topic on the forums. BW isn't going to talk about it no matter what, why do you think we've all be sequestered in the back alley of the forums? This BW team doesn't want to hear about it, they certainly don't want to talk about it, and I imagine they would be more than pleased if we all simply went away. Its passive, but it is what it is.

Palar
11.26.2012 , 10:57 PM | #3310
Quote: Originally Posted by Baptes View Post
"Anyone else hear mice?"
"They've been scratching around in the crawl-space for a year, just ignore it."
"If you say so... hey look, someone wants to know what's in Hall's mug. I better add that to his follow-up!"

(If I joke about that question enough, maybe it'll stop bothering me that they answered it. Maybe.)

Edit - taking another stab at the PM thing, my proactive/reactive switch finally felt like spinning again.