Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Palar
11.02.2012 , 06:44 PM | #2901
Makeb or breakeb time.... yeah, that's terrible. I apologise.

Tatile
11.02.2012 , 06:44 PM | #2902
Thank you, Uluain, that was a good read and further explains the tenuousness of our position and the so-called official statements we have(n't) been given.

I was talking to my husband earlier about this and how all the official word on this was never transcribed to the website, is only available from external sources (hence why people assume we are making noise over nothing) and that the individuals who made those statements have since left. From that he understands why this is so hard*.

That Bioware themselves don't realise that we shouldn't have to be the ones collecting the data and defending our corner is unbelievable. They assume that because the statements have been issued that they are somehow magically available and engrained into our collective hive-consciousness. Well they aren't.

They appear to have forgotten that not everyone has been playing since beta. They have forgotten that they erased all traces of the beta forums. They have forgotten that they never posted this information on their website, which would have therefore officiated them - making them more inarguable than the nebulous nature they have now.

People don't believe us when we say that these statements have been issued, because all we have are quotes from posts that don't exist anymore. People don't believe use because they think we are making this up. People don't believe us because Bioware has yet to wake up and realise that it has not said a word on this content on this website.

*The topic doesn't really interest him much, even though he'd like to romance Ashara with his Sorceress. He plays Guild Wars 2 now anyway

Uluain
11.02.2012 , 06:51 PM | #2903
Agreed, on all points. In fact, the subject line of my original PM (a lot of which was about deleted posts, moderator actions etc. and thus not suitable to posting here) was "Your Silence Feeds Trolls (SGRs)" and it went to Joveth as well.

The only statement on SGRs made to these forums by the Community Team is a reposting of the Sept. 2011 announcement by Stephen Reid, without his subsequent, contextual and qualifying comments at the front of each iteration of this thread and as the closure to any which predate it.

So we do have that to point to. It isn't a whole lot, and it's growing whiskers.

Tatile
11.02.2012 , 06:54 PM | #2904
As ti is over a year and was issued by a individual who has since left the company, none of our detractors will put any stock in the statement.

Even a re-issue with a different wording by Mr. Gonzalez or Ms. Berryman would be preferable at this point to that old statement. Especially so as it would appear in the Developer Tracker, where everyone can see it.

Uluain
11.02.2012 , 06:58 PM | #2905
In the last salvo of the email volley that actually achieved Joveth's BW post in this thread, I did close with a strong recommendation for a fresh, post-launch position statement. I never heard back on that. My guess is that the Secret Masters quashed the idea and also said not to discuss their refusal.

Tatile
11.02.2012 , 07:02 PM | #2906
Yes, they do seem to be very good at skirting the idea of actually confirming the existence of this content, but they're more than happy to encourage us to beat what may have once resembled a horse. They're so nice.

Uluain
11.02.2012 , 07:16 PM | #2907
What? You mean it's not a piņata?

ExileZab
11.02.2012 , 07:28 PM | #2908
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRamette View Post
As to her reply there is your answer, they have no new info and when they do they will share it. What more do you want from them? She said when they get new info they will share it. While the Disney take over may not scuttle plans for this it may put them on hold if any restructuring ect is to happen to the staff.
There shouldn't be any restructuring of the staff. Disney isn't taking over BioWare or EA, they're taking over the Star Wars IP. That's all.

The SGR "gag order" has nothing to do with with Lucas or Disney. That's all on the EA bigwigs.
There is nothing either fundamentally good, nor anything fundamentally evil; everything is relative, relative to our own point of view

Uluain
11.02.2012 , 07:48 PM | #2909
As for what we want, I thought that was quite clear. We want information clarifying the status and implementation of same gender content.

The designers must have answers to most of our concerns at this point. Any barrier to sharing it is policy based and that policy is doing far more harm to the community than good.

Scotwest
11.02.2012 , 07:49 PM | #2910
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRamette View Post
I am willing to wager when/if sgr come out there will still be people angry that is wasn't enough or it was poorly written or insert why its not good enough here..
You're saying that players might break with our long tradition of constant hosannah-singing and actually complain about a part of the game? Impossible!

Quote:
For some in here they will never be happy. I give up, when/if this comes out I will leave the game. I dont want real life in my video games and that will be forced upon me.
So...Heterosexual relationships aren't real life? I don't know how I'm going to break this to my wife...