Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

BumpBump
09.17.2012 , 02:27 PM | #1471
Quote: Originally Posted by Kioma View Post
The problem with that is that if we stop paying subscriptions we lose forum access, and the main focal point of our voice is gone.
That's why they set it up so only active accounts can post. Money is the only language EA speaks and that is the only thing they listen to. That's why the delete posts that say "SGR or I quit!"

I can't even bear to log onto the game right now because I am so disgusted with how little they even pretend to care about this subject. They got all their media attention for it and now they have left it in the dust.

Brunnis_G
09.17.2012 , 03:06 PM | #1472
Quote: Originally Posted by BumpBump View Post
That's why they set it up so only active accounts can post. Money is the only language EA speaks and that is the only thing they listen to. That's why the delete posts that say "SGR or I quit!"

I can't even bear to log onto the game right now because I am so disgusted with how little they even pretend to care about this subject. They got all their media attention for it and now they have left it in the dust.
It's not content I need, but I'm gona b pretty mad if it doesnt get added soon. I'm a longtime bioware customer, I been playin there games since Baldurs Gate, n if they don't fix this n show they can keep there promises I won't b buying there next game, it's principal man, what's a company worth if it can't keep a promise to it's own fans. Especially wen it's a sensitive subject like this, not cool. Wether or not they still have my sub when free play drops will depend largly on how they deal with this. Do the right thing guys.

Uluain
09.17.2012 , 03:12 PM | #1473
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
I took it to be an all encompassing question with regards to how they update us, address our concerns (the game as it stands is heterocentric/homophobic) and how we are generally treated. I can't say I'm impressed with anything about how this (and many other things) is being handled and while it may not be the fault of the Community Team, it certainly is the fault of Bioware or EA (and I don't mean developers, I mean the middle management who make the decisions).
This is more or less how I meant it, to take in "is same-gender affection adequately represented in the game as it stands" as well as "are you satisfied with what has been said will be done". These are opinions we can have regardless of what may or may not be happening in the design studio but not knowing is, of course, its own element contributing to my dissatisfaction.

JediMB
09.17.2012 , 03:18 PM | #1474
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
Quick straw poll. Do you think BioWare is doing an adequate job of addressing same-gender content in SWTOR?

[ ] Yes
[x] No
Certainly not.

And BioWare have gotten into a bad habit of releasing what is frankly unfinished games.
The Morrowbringer Legacy The Red Eclipse (PvE) [EU]
Deep into that darkness peering, you reach out your hand and grasp what you are searching for.
Now ring the bells that sweep away the darkness; the bells that beckon tomorrow's dawn.

natashina
09.17.2012 , 09:18 PM | #1475
It's starting to get a little gloomy in here, so let's try to liven things up some.

I finally cracked down and started really working on my IA. Once I got used to the play style, I am finding this the most entertaining class to date! I gotta say that this thread inspired me to roll her up, grit my teeth through Hutta and finally continue her.

As far as Kailyo goes, I can certainly see why she's not to everyone's taste. While fun, she's more than a little unhinged and I'm not sure I would romance her in a SGR setting. I know what they say about crazy women and straightjackets, but I'd rather not take my chances.

Without too many spoilers, how does Vector compare?

chuixupu
09.17.2012 , 10:38 PM | #1476
I am the one with 3 IAs...however all of them are male, so I never got to experience the Vector romance. From what I've seen, once you get past the fact that he's a Joiner and talks funny, he's one of the more interesting romances....everyone has different taste, though. As a companion, I initially didn't like him much, but I grew to like him a lot after going through his story, and Lokin's as well (they cross over a bit).
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Silthir
09.18.2012 , 01:10 PM | #1477
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
Quick straw poll. Do you think BioWare is doing an adequate job of addressing same-gender content in SWTOR?

[ ] Yes
[ X ] No
I don't really post here as much as I used to and I probably should... but I've been stalking this thread since the day it began... the thread and the Devs. And I must say that I'm incredibly disappointed. It would be one thing if they'd held off romances until SGRAs were ready... hell it'd be okay if they gave us semi-frequent updates... but instead we all just sit here for half a year, hoping some new news comes along, but all we get is a... "SGRs? Oh yeah... I forgot we even were gonna put that in there, but I'm gonna make a quick cover up and say that we're working on it because I don't wanna offend people who want it." (And no, I don't mean that in a snide or rude way, that's just how I see what they've said... I mean you could tell about 6 months ago when we brought it up at the Guild Summit that the question had caught them off guard.) I'm just really disappointed in BioWare and EA for launching the game with such a... hetero-esentric attitude that it really makes me disappointed to call them BioWare... with KotOR, Dragon Age, Dragon Age 2, Jade Empire and a few other games that I can't recall their names, this is just something I expected from a BioWare game and to be honest, I was content with them saying "well we can't put it in now, but we're gonna get to it this year," though anymore I can honestly say I don't know what they meant by "this year" and I don't think they do either. However, I'm not going to be one of those to rage quit should something happen and they decided not to put it in... I won't play it that often, that's for sure, but I enjoy the storylines (save for companions) and I find it interesting, but disenhartening. I hope they put it in soon, I truly do, otherwise my faith in BioWare will be shot and I doubt that I'll ever buy a game they release again, save for Dragon Age 3 should they ever make it.
The Danakar Legacy

Uluain
09.18.2012 , 03:19 PM | #1478
Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post
It's starting to get a little gloomy in here
Well, are you satisfied with BioWare's response to this thread and related issues so far? Don't you think that maybe they should know that? I don't see that sitting patiently and polishing our halos has ever gotten this topic anything but swept for trolls for nine months. It's also about the only place where we are able to register our disappointment on the forums.

That said, I do see your point, too.

Quote:
so let's try to liven things up some.
Never let it be said I didn't try.

♪♫ *cues music from Gilber & Sullivan's Mikado* ♪♫

Three little Sith from school are we
Strong in the dark side as can be
Filled to the brim with Sithish glee
Three little sith from school

Everything is a loaded gun
No one is safe for we care for none
Live is a war that has just begun
Three little sith from school

(Chorus)
Three little Sith who, dark and scary
Come from a dark side seminary
Freed from its genius tutelary
Three little Sith from school

One little Sith likes Exar Kun
Two little Sith think EU is dumb
Three little Sith, that's the total sum

From three little Sith pick one to slay
Two little sith remain, and they
Won't remain friends very long, they say

(Chorus)
Three little Sith who, dark and scary
Come from a dark side seminary
Freed from its genius tutelary
Three little Sith from school!

Chaac
09.18.2012 , 03:33 PM | #1479
Bit of a random thought but something my bf mentioned earlier. When they eventually do patch in the SGRA's how do you guys think it will be referenced in the notes. He got to wondering about this after the lack of any real mention of SGRA's that show up in the Dev tracker with the exception of the brief one not too long ago and Reid's last year and began speculating if they would actually state something like "Same-Gender Romances are now available in game." or if it would be more of a "Some tweaks have been made to Romance Arcs." at the bottom of the notes.

Little bit off topic and not really a particularly important question but just one we had a little fun speculating over earlier.
Wedge: "I don't like this notion of dovin basal mines that pursue you."
Han: "Me, either. I'm going to draft a strongly worded letter to the Yuuzhan Vong high commander and insist he stop using them."

stuffystuffs
09.18.2012 , 03:41 PM | #1480
Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post

As far as Kailyo goes, I can certainly see why she's not to everyone's taste. While fun, she's more than a little unhinged and I'm not sure I would romance her in a SGR setting. I know what they say about crazy women and straightjackets, but I'd rather not take my chances.
I still think Kaliyo's the sanest person on the IA's ship.

Granted, that's not saying much...but still.

Quote: Originally Posted by Chaac View Post
He got to wondering about this after the lack of any real mention of SGRA's that show up in the Dev tracker with the exception of the brief one not too long ago and Reid's last year and began speculating if they would actually state something like "Same-Gender Romances are now available in game." or if it would be more of a "Some tweaks have been made to Romance Arcs." at the bottom of the notes.
I think they'll have to mention that they had always intended to include these romance paths for characters X, Y, Z to avoid complaints about 'retconning' and 'fan pandering', etc.
Node guarder