Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

kategreen
09.07.2012 , 04:59 PM | #1171
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
...we actually do not have any new information to share with you at this time.
Can't have an update, when you're not planning on implementing a feature.

Meglivorn
09.07.2012 , 05:10 PM | #1172
With free to play coming I wouldn'T keep my hopes up. Sadly. Had some plans with some of my characters.
"Many weapons can kill, but only the lightsaber can inspire such extremes of hope or fear."

Costello
09.07.2012 , 05:28 PM | #1173
I thought this was already in the works and was going to be rolled out.

I take it now this is never going to see the light of day. Not a big issue for myself and I would prefer open world end game content but I am sure this was a promised feature 8 months ago.

Felioats
09.07.2012 , 05:36 PM | #1174
Hi folks, I'm here to give a quick update to this issue. It's not much, but we actually do not have any new information to share with you at this time.

MTFBWY
This is just stated very oddly.

But thanks for checking.
>

Kioma
09.07.2012 , 06:04 PM | #1175
Quote: Originally Posted by Meglivorn View Post
With free to play coming I wouldn'T keep my hopes up. Sadly. Had some plans with some of my characters.
People seem to have very odd views about F2P. I think it's unfairly demonized. F2P has been a very solid model for several MMOs in the past.
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

Baptes
09.07.2012 , 06:35 PM | #1176
Well with Daniel Erickson (and apparently a large section of the writing staff) leaving, I'd say SGRA is pretty dead in the water no mater what some CM says. Unless its already made and they're just holding it back to put on the F2P cash shop, pretty hard to add real story content with a skeleton crew.

Daniel Erickson leaving BW Austin?

Joushigun
09.07.2012 , 07:34 PM | #1177
Hi folks, I'm here to give a quick update to this issue. It's not much, but we actually do not have any new information to share with you at this time. Should that change, I'll be more than happy to update this thread!

Thanks for your patience and thank you for supporting the game! As I mentioned in the email to Uluain, we really do appreciate your discussions on here and we are definitely keeping tabs.

MTFBWY
I'm sorry to say that, should this not become a feature by the beginning of next year, I really will be to the breaking point. I'm sorry, but I really only chose to play this game on the promise of same-gender romances and I am kind of tired of not having that.

It certainly does not help that in order to get certain perks, I have to go through all the conversations with my companions...and I am extremely androphobic (for those who don't know their Greek, I have an extreme fear/phobia of men). That means that any flirtation options with male characters is upsetting to me and can impact my playing experience.

Honestly, I don't care about HK-51, a robot I found annoying in KOTOR 1 & 2, or about Party Jawas, or any of that stuff, really. This is the only thing I really want in this game. I love this game. I enjoy it. I hope that you guys do not follow the way of Star Trek Online and end up relying upon content written by the players and releasing next to no updates and forcing people to buy keys to open lock boxes.

Heck, if you want...hire me as a writer and I'll help write stories for you guys (so long as I don't have to actually move since I don't like leaving Vermont).
"I am a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife."- Lady Vastra, Doctor Who and the Snowmen

Luhrsen
09.07.2012 , 07:54 PM | #1178
Quote: Originally Posted by Silthir View Post
You can't choose this over Galaxies... Galaxies no longer exists... it stopped existing when TOR came into being. xP And it hasn't been a full year... besides... they're working on new content now... an "expansion" of sorts which MAY or MAY NOT include SGRAs....
I meant that I didn't have any interest in Galaxies when it existed because it was just another MMO with a StarWars skin on it. The multiple story feature in SWtOR was the only thing that got me back into playing an MMO at all. But cutting the SGRAs and leaving most of the companion missions as mere FTB scenes makes me think they had little intention of making the game they promised and just wanted some "easy" WOW money and just tacked on some story to dazzle people who didn't know any better. Though I still hope eventually they decide to turn things back around. Despite months of promises of new story expansion the only thing appearing in updates is multiplayer balance. And I have zero interest in competitive multiplayer. And then there's EAs promise that they won't be making any more single player only games ever.

Palar
09.07.2012 , 08:33 PM | #1179
Quote: Originally Posted by Luhrsen View Post
And I have zero interest in competitive multiplayer. And then there's EAs promise that they won't be making any more single player only games ever.
I was hoping you were kidding, so I went for a soul-crushing Google check.

Nope, they actually did make that promise/threat. Ah well, at least I know not to bother getting excited for DA3.

losdia
09.07.2012 , 08:57 PM | #1180
Quote: Originally Posted by Palar View Post
I was hoping you were kidding, so I went for a soul-crushing Google check.

Nope, they actually did make that promise/threat. Ah well, at least I know not to bother getting excited for DA3.
When they said that I think they were only referring to EA and not its subsidiary companies and development studios. Which isn't really saying much as EA sports is about the division that makes games anymore. Also I'm pretty sure they just meant that every game would have the option of multiplayer content, not that there would never be another EA game with a single player mode.
"Say, Mike... Did we just do something horribly wrong?"
"Yeah, I think so."
-MST3K, Invasion USA