Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Blackardin's Avatar


Blackardin
09.01.2012 , 07:38 AM | #1061
Quote: Originally Posted by MayaNite View Post
I've been keeping an eye on this thread for a whle, and I just want to throw in my support. It's pretty impressive how consistently active this thread is over longer periods, how many people have voiced their views. It's obvious this is more than a minor thing. Bioware really oughta take note soon.

Also, I'm jonesing to create my hottie lesbian Imp Agent .
I'll play my first female char ever if they do this yahoo! ;p
May the Schwartz be with you....

BumpBump's Avatar


BumpBump
09.01.2012 , 08:23 AM | #1062
Quote: Originally Posted by LordTynell View Post
How many individual posters? That's the key point. If you have, say, 100 posters, who consistently post, that's not the same as saying 6,024 people are supporting it. Also, let's say it -was- 6,024 posters, and we're assuming this game has, well, 300,000 subs. Well, that's 2% of the player base.

When we look at it like that - I hope you can understand that there are quite larger issues for Bioware to tackle. They have that whole F2P model thing coming out, a new warzone, a new op, most likely a new flashpoint, etc.

2%. And that's thinking that all posts are by separate individuals, and we know that's not true because we know, Uluain, that you have posted in these threads probably 200 times or more (which would be like 6%).

So on the macro level, it's not as serious as an issue overall as you're making it out to be. It matters to you. But what about the 2% that want the space expanded? What about the 2% that want Pazaak?

We know it's coming, you and your posse have made sure everyone knows that. And I hope for you guys it comes sooner rather than later. However, I'd recommend to just sit back and understand that there are a ton of splinter groups and pleasing all of them is a very difficult process.

And always be aware Bioware can change their mind. I am sure I don't need to remind you of Aerial PVP and the Dance Studio in WoW. Game developers seem to change their thoughts on a whim.

Anyway, best of luck to you guys, just trying to add some perspective.
Sponsored Post

Baptes's Avatar


Baptes
09.01.2012 , 12:09 PM | #1063
Does anyone else have trouble getting subscribed notifications to this thread? I haven't gotten notifications for days when I know for a fact there have been almost ten pages added to this thread since my last notice. And no, I don't have it set for weekly notices or daily notices.

Also I've had to resubscribe to this thread multiple times (its like the forum "forgets" I'm subbed). I have never had this happen to any other thread I've subbed to on this forum.

Lurkz's Avatar


Lurkz
09.01.2012 , 01:34 PM | #1064
Quote: Originally Posted by Baptes View Post
Does anyone else have trouble getting subscribed notifications to this thread? I haven't gotten notifications for days when I know for a fact there have been almost ten pages added to this thread since my last notice. And no, I don't have it set for weekly notices or daily notices.

Also I've had to resubscribe to this thread multiple times (its like the forum "forgets" I'm subbed). I have never had this happen to any other thread I've subbed to on this forum.
Do you actually log into the forums and check the thread every time you get a new notification? Because it only will send one then doesn't send another until you actually read the thread.

Haven't had it forget I'm subscribed other than when the thread gets recreated though so I can't help you there. :\
The Nightborn Legacy - Ebon Hawk - Aquillian Rangers
Captain Jaxx - Gunslinger || Caiden - Jedi Sentinel

...Holospectrum...

Uluain's Avatar


Uluain
09.01.2012 , 01:34 PM | #1065
Quote: Originally Posted by LordTynell View Post
How many individual posters? That's the key point. If you have, say, 100 posters, who consistently post, that's not the same as saying 6,024 people are supporting it. Also, let's say it -was- 6,024 posters, and we're assuming this game has, well, 300,000 subs. Well, that's 2% of the player base.
You get a gold star on your math homework, but I am keeping you after class to work on reading comprehension.

The statistics I cite aren't about how important this subject is overall, or what a big deal it should be. I'm pointing out that this thread has been running since January, that it is the only thread this subject is permitted and yet when we have had a Community Team response (and we have gotten them, by private message to individual posters, from time to time) those replies have never happened here, where we are permitted to voice our concerns.

This thread isn't some secret base they don't know how to find. If we do them the courtesy of posting here, then I think its only fair to expect the same consideration in return.

Quote:
I hope you can understand that there are quite larger issues for Bioware to tackle. They have that whole F2P model thing coming out, a new warzone, a new op, most likely a new flashpoint, etc.
Why yes. I do know about those. Because the Developers have told us about them.

And yet, I could go onto General Discussion right now and start a thread asking about any or all of those and I'd give it very good odds of staying open. It might not get a reply, but it doesn't need one. They talk about these things frequently. By "frequently" in this case I mean more often than once each six months or so.

Quote:
We know it's coming [snip]... And always be aware Bioware can change their mind. ...[snip]... Game developers seem to change their thoughts on a whim.
Why yes. That thought had occurred to me, too. Which is why we are asking for clarification on the status of the content. Because we have been led to expect it, and to expect it this year... but things have changed at BioWare and for the direction of the game, and thus there is some uncertainty as to whether BioWare means to honor its commitments.

Quote:
Anyway, best of luck to you guys, just trying to add some perspective.
Try gaining some. But thanks for the bump.

Baptes's Avatar


Baptes
09.01.2012 , 02:33 PM | #1066
Quote: Originally Posted by Lurkz View Post
Do you actually log into the forums and check the thread every time you get a new notification? Because it only will send one then doesn't send another until you actually read the thread.

Haven't had it forget I'm subscribed other than when the thread gets recreated though so I can't help you there. :\
Yeah, I pretty much do every time I'm not playing something. I leave my mail open while I'm just mucking about. If I'm just surfing anyway might as well check when I get a new notice.

Not really that many other topics interest me currently, so if I get a notice its almost always this thread (and the previous threads).

Most threads I subscribe to run their course and fall off the front page (or are shifted to the Suggestion Forum AKA Where Threads Go To Die) so posts dry up pretty fast. But there's always someone posting on this thread.

It just struck me as odd since I keep having to resub every week or so that now I'm not getting notices properly either.

Uluain's Avatar


Uluain
09.01.2012 , 04:43 PM | #1067
I wonder if the feed cuts off at 1,000 posts in the thread. Usually, we've had this thread re-created by now. No idea if that would affect subscriptions -- but then, I don't have email notifications myself, I just check my subs here.

QwibQwib's Avatar


QwibQwib
09.02.2012 , 01:28 AM | #1068
I've been following this thread for a while, and I just wanted to voice my support. I just recently resubscribed to SWTOR after suspending my account (my decision to leave in the first place was based on lack of SGRs, as well as finances at the time). I actually really enjoy the game, but the lack of SGRs was a bit of a let-down, since they were announced pretty much a year ago, and we haven't heard much about what's going with them at all. It's not really the lack of them that bothers me, but the lack of information, especially with all the reassignment of priorities and whatnot. If the end of the year comes and goes without an update (either content OR a new timescale in its place), I'll probably unsubscribe again.

A major reason I bought the game in the first place was that it was by Bioware and I expected it to have SGRs if it had Opposite-Gender Romances, due to their history. This disappointment turned me off and even made me regret spending so much money on the game. I can't say how many people felt the same, but I at least hope that it wasn't insignificant.

This is my first time posting here, and I did it partly because all this counting of posts and original posters in this thread. A lot of people don't go on the forums (or do so rarely), and a lot are just lurkers (like me, most of the time). Just because some people don't post doesn't mean they don't care about a topic.

That's just my two cents. Thank you guys for keeping this thread going and keeping it civil (you too, mods)!

Tuscad's Avatar


Tuscad
09.02.2012 , 02:44 AM | #1069
In my opinion it would be fair to not get angry until March 2013 if SGRA's aren't added because of all of the layoffs. The layoffs are definitely something that we should take into consideration before judging. Boy I wish they would hurry up and get SGRA's in the game though
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

Hessen's Avatar


Hessen
09.02.2012 , 05:00 AM | #1070
I would like to see SGRAs implemented at some point, but I would be disappointed if it was implemented soon and prioritised ahead of other more important things that need development resource.