Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guild Suggestions

Viless
06.06.2012 , 01:13 AM | #1
Hey Everyone,
I dont come on here and comment much but i do have a few suggestions to make everyguild function alot better.
  1. Guild Mail Function
  2. Guild Groups
  3. Guild Infomation Terminal

Guild Mail Function
Currently there is no way for a guild leader to send a letter/infomation to everyone in the guild. I would like to suggest that implementing this would be for the benefit of every guild.

There is also no current way to just "Mail" Differant ranks which definetly would come in handy when guild cap is 500 players and trying to get hold of everyone becomes a nightmare.

Guild Groups

My idea for guild groups would be to divide the guild into sections without the problem of permissions.
Currently if i was to say give a player a rank that is leader of a group yet there is no way for people to know who is running what and who is in what because the current ranks are capped at something which i think is fairly low.

Another thing is if i do make ranks and set say "Executioner" is a officer rank and he is leading the PVP role there is no way to define that.

Guild Infomation Terminal
I think having anyone actually use a third party website/program to find infomation about a guild so in SWTOR case i would have to make someone go to a website and sign up to our forums ect.

I would like to suggest that some kind of Terminal much like the GTN would be implemented somewhere near the guild banks.
What i mean by Infomation Terminal would be something that could be edited by certain ranks with places to write lines of text much like a book with topics of intrest. For example - I say go read our guild on Explosive Conflict - instead of having someone go to our website and look it up there would just be a page for it. Somewhere we could list who is what in the guild, AFK Lists, Crew Skills, Raid Strategys, Guild Points and standings for gear, everything that people usualy have a website for could be implemented here this would greatly benefit alot of people.

These are just a few things that i think should be implemented in the future hopefully soon to give more control and personal feel to guilds in SWTOR.

If anyone posts any good points ill make sure i edit this post and put them here.
Thanks for reading hopefully we can get some support for this and make SWTOR more guild friendly.

Viles

Akabeth
06.06.2012 , 08:28 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Viless View Post
Hey Everyone,
I dont come on here and comment much but i do have a few suggestions to make everyguild function alot better.
Guild Mail Function
Currently there is no way for a guild leader to send a letter/infomation to everyone in the guild.
Guild Infomation Terminal
I think having anyone actually use a third party website/program to find infomation about a guild so in SWTOR case i would have to make someone go to a website and sign up to our forums ect.

I would like to suggest that some kind of Terminal much like the GTN would be implemented somewhere near the guild banks.
What i mean by Infomation Terminal would be something that could be edited by certain ranks with places to write lines of text much like a book with topics of intrest. For example - I say go read our guild on Explosive Conflict - instead of having someone go to our website and look it up there would just be a page for it. Somewhere we could list who is what in the guild, AFK Lists, Crew Skills, Raid Strategys, Guild Points and standings for gear, everything that people usualy have a website for could be implemented here this would greatly benefit alot of people.
Something like your third point, imo, would've been an amazing feature when the game first came out (i.e. it's much more effective if the player base is more active and large-r). EAWare knew there would be a lot of casual subscribers and it's in their best interest to streamline their experience from starting planet to the end game ops and warzones.

If your aim is to consolidate info. and have it for public access, my suggestion is to merge your first point with the third into a guild maintained catalogue accessible through a console pop-up inside our personal starship. Also for your first point, we could simply have it as extension of the former in the form of an internal newsletter for guild members -- also extendable to friends (after their approval, of course). This way subscribers have a more structured way to remain on the same page with each other. You'll always have /tell and mail for member-to-member communication.

For another step further, the devs can install large display panels highlighting guild milestones or paid advertisements in form of newsflashes amidst Empire/Republic/Hutt Cartel programs found at the fleet and faction capital -- and if I keep going, we'll probably end up with a fusion of current game and the single shard EVE Online (+ SWG), only set in a Star Wars galaxy far, far away.

OP like yours never fail to get my head going, and thinking, "What a wasted potential this game has been", and that's why I'm still following it. But remember, you're appealing to the same group of people who have yet to provide substantial tools for server specific communities to mingle in the forums -- let alone in game.
" Into the garbage chute, flyboy! "

Viless
02.15.2013 , 08:46 PM | #3
months later and its still the same
i still think the game needs these implemented

Drewztoon
02.20.2013 , 01:28 PM | #4
This is a much-needed feature!

I am a Guild Officer. I need a way to get information to all, or selected numbers, of my guildmates.

We do have a Website, but for reasons that I don't understand, only a tiny fraction of our members register with our Website. The low number of "reads" indicated beside our forum posts tell me that hardly any of the members are visiting our Website. <heavy sigh>

But! They DO play the game! Therefore, this is our only good method of communicating with the members.

PLEASE, implement this soon.
"The idea that you can vote your way to prosperity is one of the most ludicrous that was ever entertained." - Winston Churchill

WEIRDLITTLEBRO
02.23.2013 , 11:39 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Drewztoon View Post

I am a Guild Officer. I need a way to get information to all, or selected numbers, of my guildmates.

We do have a Website, but for reasons that I don't understand, only a tiny fraction of our members register with our Website. The low number of "reads" indicated beside our forum posts tell me that hardly any of the members are visiting our Website. <heavy sigh>

But! They DO play the game! Therefore, this is our only good method of communicating with the members.
I'm a guild leader, and I know EXACTLY what you mean. Another thing is guild calendars, which was the most requested feature at the guild sumit. Still, we haven't seen any new guild features since guild banks. Bioware can add all the new operations they want, but it won't mean a thing to my guild if we can't get organized enough to actually play them. I would have left this game a long time ago if it wasn't for my guild, but the lack of supporting infrastructure is sooooo frustrating. Guilds are the core building blocks of the game's community, and it just baffles me as to why guild features haven't been a top priority. I freaking love this game, but sometimes I wonder if that makes me a masochist. (That was a joke).
^v^v^ <Galactic Fifth Column> ^v^v^
Republic and Empire both call us "terrorists." That's nerfdrek. Terrorists target the innocent. We're fighting to save them.
Founded March 9, 2011 | Story-Driven PvX Guild | The Ebon Hawk
Guild Website | Accepting Applications | Guild Trailer

Viless
04.25.2013 , 06:30 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Drewztoon View Post

PLEASE, implement this soon.

Cheers mate
+1