Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

To Much Crowd Control

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
To Much Crowd Control

slicplaya
12.03.2013 , 07:10 PM | #31
3 electrocutes from 3 assns. full duration stun on all 3. how is this not broken? yes i know dead thread.. dead *********** bioware responding to pvpers and CC.

Savej
12.03.2013 , 10:31 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by slicplaya View Post
3 electrocutes from 3 assns. full duration stun on all 3. how is this not broken? yes i know dead thread.. dead *********** bioware responding to pvpers and CC.
I'm 99% done downloading the latest Wow client. On the other hand: GSF = no cc at all. If that wasn't a completely detached mini-game maybe it would have inspired me to stick around for another couple months.

Ren_simp
12.03.2013 , 10:42 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Savej View Post
I'm 99% done downloading the latest Wow client. On the other hand: GSF = no cc at all. If that wasn't a completely detached mini-game maybe it would have inspired me to stick around for another couple months.
Lol I just resubbed to wow recently after a 2year break you think swtor has bad cc issues lol enjoy wow
Health pools are insane and so is the damage and wait for it so is the crowd control you're going to have a hard time dealing with cc in wow if you think swtor is bad for cc

My frost dk does 100k plus obliterates in pvp in the 80-90 bracket
I literally use 3 abilities to drop someone with a health pool of close to 400k
Made me realise with all its flaws swtor is better

Chimerako
12.04.2013 , 12:43 AM | #34
Why do people justify swtors cc based on the another game with too much cc? Who cares what is in WoW. There is too much cc in general. Every class has at least 1 instant hard stun and the few that don't have a 6 sec mezz and AoE slows plus a root attached to their gap closer. Around 20% of attacks can be spec'ed into some type of slow. Leg shot, force slow, force wave has a root, sniper kb root, shadow tank AoE slow on slow time, sent and maras can spec a root, ops/scouns spec roots, gunny mandos have a slow on full auto, scorc have a slow on force lightening, oil slick, eng snipers have AoE roots and AoE mezz and kb and single target root, force push, force choke and we can buy nades to add more cc. I do perfectly fine in PvP its just often not very fun.

Savej
12.04.2013 , 10:34 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Ren_simp View Post
Lol I just resubbed to wow recently after a 2year break you think swtor has bad cc issues lol enjoy wow
Health pools are insane and so is the damage and wait for it so is the crowd control you're going to have a hard time dealing with cc in wow if you think swtor is bad for cc

List the cc abilities on your frost dk please. There's the grapple (death grip), 2/min and a snare (chains of ice - suffers from dr) and...? And? Compared even with a low cc class in this game that's nothing. Wow has some cc-heavy classes but there was far less cc in general when I played and even the worst cc classes in that game have nothing on a sin with grenades in this one. As for the bigger numbers i don't really care - it seems like they multiply damage/heals/health pools by 3-5 every so often; it's only the ratios that are relevant.

Capt_Beers
12.04.2013 , 01:24 PM | #36
Necroing is bad for your health
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics

MisterGhost
02.04.2014 , 09:54 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Ren_simp View Post

Dude I have been playing wow for a long time and No ... Just No .. The crowd control in swtor is stupid there is way to much in wow a rogue can stun u for like 6 to 8 sec long and u can still live and Death Knights are no problem to cc with me but in this game i got stunned for 12 sec from 1 person alone thats just straight up stupid this game needs to either remove some cc or lower it down to 1 to 2 sec long cc like wow does

Feztonio
02.04.2014 , 09:59 PM | #38
the CC should be on the same CD as the break. if you have to know when to use the break and when to eat the CC and the strategy then the crowd control should also have to be strategy. it's lame that you've got one break on a hard 2-minute CD but most classes have at least 2 CC's which are on much shorter CD's so they're about spammable.
Quote:
"First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to ALL game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge." -Jeff Hickman - Executive Producer - Star Wars: The Old Republic

BoushhDC
02.04.2014 , 10:49 PM | #39
The volume of CC (stuns, roots, mez, KBs, movement impairment, etc.) in PvP is the thing I like least about SWTOR... exacerbated by the number of stealthers that can, of course, sneak up on you and CC, stun-lock until yer ded. I'll never play another MMO with this much CC ever again.
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved. --Sun Tzu