Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

To Much Crowd Control

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
To Much Crowd Control

Emander's Avatar


Emander
06.05.2012 , 12:21 PM | #21
I personally do not see the problem.

Sure, if you are up against multiple foes, then this might happen to you. Happens to me with my vanguard plenty when suddenly all imps jump me just because I was a bit too persistant to hunting them down. I won't complain though.

In 1vs1 encounters it is very balanced. In 1 vs. many you might end up being CC'd until you die. Oh well, such is life in SWtoR. It is not like this happens more than maybe a couple of times per engangement. At the same time, if you play smart, you can do the same to your foes.

So why complain about it? Use it to your own advantage!

matslarson's Avatar


matslarson
06.05.2012 , 01:07 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkDruidSS View Post
Making roots and snares hit the resolve meter would completely disable the viability of some classes not to meantion everyone would be CC immune more often than they already are because a lot of classes have roots or snares built into their attacks.
Then take the roots/snares out of those abilities. It's stupid for classes to have 4 skills with random CC elements anyway. Use CCs for CCing and DPS skills for DPSing, seems simple to me.
Ma'tias - Conqueror Healer Extraordinaire
~The Geneva Convention forbids you from targeting the medic.
He's drunk, and it's just mean.

PlagaNerezza's Avatar


PlagaNerezza
06.05.2012 , 01:33 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by flem View Post
Learn to hunker.

Oh right, you gave up the CC-immunity class. Then don't complain.
Well I play my GS from time to time, and continue to report CC issues even with the limited CC immunity skill that causes you to self root and be unable to move for the duration or be subject to CC and instant melee death.
"At last we will have our revenge" -Darth Maul
▄▄▄▄▄▄▼▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

PlagaNerezza's Avatar


PlagaNerezza
06.05.2012 , 01:51 PM | #24
Snares are meant to close distance and keep a foe in range. CC's are for that purpose and/or temporarily disabling an opponent.

If you gain immunity from the ability to hold an opponent in place or disable them I don't understand how one "Root" or "Snare" is different. Just because you give it a different name and call it "snare" doesn't mean its any less of a snare than whirlwind, or legshot. Its still impaired movement.

I understand that resolve is currently setup to treat certain snares differently, however, I find that to be annoying and makes pvp clunky.

Standard PVP Scenario:
PVP Starts with Snares, Mez, roots.
Resolve Fills.
CC breaker.
Snare/slowed.
Sprint.
Snare/slow.

Without distance its very difficult to effectively vanish even if you have that ability.

I don't see why post CC breaker with white resolve you should be the subject of additional means of making combat feel laggy and out of control of your character.

I think that fix would make the game feel so much more enjoyable. At least let people die moving around.



Happens to me almost everytime I try and escape a bad situation.
"At last we will have our revenge" -Darth Maul
▄▄▄▄▄▄▼▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

DarkDruidSS's Avatar


DarkDruidSS
06.05.2012 , 01:57 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by PlagaNerezza View Post
Snares are meant to close distance and keep a foe in range. CC's are for that purpose and/or temporarily disabling an opponent.

If you gain immunity from the ability to hold an opponent in place or disable them I don't understand how one "Root" or "Snare" is different. Just because you give it a different name and call it "snare" doesn't mean its any less of a snare than whirlwind, or legshot. Its still impaired movement.
Because you can use your character's abilities/items while snared or rooted and you can not in whirl wind... like you posted. That is the difference. A root is not a mezz, stun, blind, sleep, fear or knockdown. So you still have control over actions your character can make. You just may not be able to move if your CC break is down or if you don't have access to CC breaking abilities like Force Shroud or Unrelenting... whatever the juggernaut ability is.

Correction. Don't want to get the sins and shadows mad at me. Force Shourd doesn't break CC, but it can prevent you from being CC. Force speed if specced for it will break movement impairing effects.... sorry guys... don't kill me.
Beatrush - 50 Assassin | Satellitebeam - 50 Sniper
Katastrophe - 41 Powertech | Ømnislash - 34 Marauder
Highwind - 29 Commando | ßraver - 23 Sentinel
Finalheaven - 21 Sage | Bigbrawl - 14 Scoundrel

Waynef's Avatar


Waynef
06.21.2012 , 05:04 PM | #26
I think the game has way to much CC. It is what will eventually cause me to leave an otherwise great game. I think part of the problem is some CC effects like Force Choke are not subject to the resolve system. All forms of CC need to be effected by the immunity system whatever that immunity system is. As a player getting CC put on me I don't care if its a cool class effect or a normal stun/mez all I care about is that I can't play my character till it expires.

Astarica's Avatar


Astarica
06.21.2012 , 05:07 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Waynef View Post
I think the game has way to much CC. It is what will eventually cause me to leave an otherwise great game. I think part of the problem is some CC effects like Force Choke are not subject to the resolve system. All forms of CC need to be effected by the immunity system whatever that immunity system is. As a player getting CC put on me I don't care if its a cool class effect or a normal stun/mez all I care about is that I can't play my character till it expires.
Force Choke is the most vulnerable CC in the game. Not only is it indeed stopped by resolve, it is also stopped by an interrupt. In fact Force Choking someone with full resolve puts you drastically behind because it's like you stun yourself for 3 seconds instead of the other way around.

Digtahk's Avatar


Digtahk
06.21.2012 , 05:34 PM | #28
Why is it every time someone tries to have a discussion on the quantity of cc some noob always trots out the old " "resolve is working fine" comment when that is not what is being discussed the OP is not complaining about getting stun locked by a team of operatives for 5 minutes without relief what he is say is there is too much cc.

In a game that has pvp designed in such a way that you are always fighting in confined areas vs numerous opponents there is far too much cc which makes the game frustrating to play. Its got nothing to do with resolve its got everything to do with watching your character stumble around without you being able to do anything for large periods of each warzone.

CC should be targeted, I don't mind if I am fighting someone and he uses a form of snare stun etc on me. I do hate constantly getting hit by ridiculous AOE cc that gets spammed by people who don't even know you are anywhere near them.

CC is on too short a CD, it takes the skill out of using CC because you may as well spam it as soon as it gets off cd because you will have it up again by the time you face the next opponent.

Too many classes have cc that gets applied without them needing to even do anything other than their dps rotation.....If you are saying the use of cc is a skill then you should have to at least press a button to apply it.

Overall I feel there is too much cc which has completely taken the skill out of using it. It makes classes that depend on cc as defensive cds hard to play because almost every opponent has a full resolve bar and the decision to use cc is no longer a relevant one.

It feel like the cc was designed for a 2 vs 2 arena system not an 7 vs 7 zerg fest which is what most wzs descend into
Cry, 'Havoc!' and let slip the dogs of war.

Astarica's Avatar


Astarica
06.21.2012 , 05:39 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Digtahk View Post
Why is it every time someone tries to have a discussion on the quantity of cc some noob always trots out the old " "resolve is working fine" comment when that is not what is being discussed the OP is not complaining about getting stun locked by a team of operatives for 5 minutes without relief what he is say is there is too much cc.

In a game that has pvp designed in such a way that you are always fighting in confined areas vs numerous opponents there is far too much cc which makes the game frustrating to play. Its got nothing to do with resolve its got everything to do with watching your character stumble around without you being able to do anything for large periods of each warzone.

CC should be targeted, I don't mind if I am fighting someone and he uses a form of snare stun etc on me. I do hate constantly getting hit by ridiculous AOE cc that gets spammed by people who don't even know you are anywhere near them.

CC is on too short a CD, it takes the skill out of using CC because you may as well spam it as soon as it gets off cd because you will have it up again by the time you face the next opponent.

Too many classes have cc that gets applied without them needing to even do anything other than their dps rotation.....If you are saying the use of cc is a skill then you should have to at least press a button to apply it.

Overall I feel there is too much cc which has completely taken the skill out of using it. It makes classes that depend on cc as defensive cds hard to play because almost every opponent has a full resolve bar and the decision to use cc is no longer a relevant one.

It feel like the cc was designed for a 2 vs 2 arena system not an 7 vs 7 zerg fest which is what most wzs descend into
I do think it's kind of stupid if you just have a bunch of guys randomly hitting AE mezes that can totally mess your team up and the enemy might not even be coordinated. In a large fight it's almost certain that hitting an AE mez will lead to something good happening. While it's easy to say 'don't fight in a crowd', some classes don't have a choice and some maps tend to funnel you into such situations (Novare Coast before the untargetable cap exploit comes to mind).

I really don't think it's fair I get AE mezzed for 6 seconds against a guy who is almost certainly just pushing that button because it seems like a good button to press. Again, this isn't about skill. I see plenty of team that simply operates under the "If everyone uses their AE mez/blind something good must happen", and that's generally true 99% of the time even with zero coordination.

Deathreins's Avatar


Deathreins
07.29.2012 , 11:41 PM | #30
An idea to help mitigate some of the excessive Crowd Control (CC) in this game could be immunity timers on shared CC's. Meaning, after you are released from the form of CC, there is a 5 second immunity from that same class of CC. Grouping the class of CC's together (does not matter where the CC came from i.e. class or faction) as follows: snares in one group, roots in another, silence is another, character loss of control (force choke/whirlwind/force lift, etc.). You get the picture. From a PVE perspective, it does not really effect game play. From a PVP perspective, it would greatly increase the skill level required to play so as to not one person is soley relying on the spam CC ability.
I cannot tell you how many times that i have been CC'd to death BEFORE the "resolve system" kicks in. Earlier tonight, for example, CC'd 5 times in a row before getting resolve immunity. If these changes does not make sense then, perhaps, increase the resolve that the CC abilities do so the reolve caps earlier and reduce the cooldown (CD) of the ONLY ability that we have to get out of the CC by 1 minute. Two (2) minutes is far too long to have that ability on CD.