Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Cathar as a Playable Species

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Cathar as a Playable Species

Ranadiel_Marius's Avatar


Ranadiel_Marius
06.17.2012 , 12:51 PM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by Costello View Post
Is there any news on what the Imperial Race will be?

While I am sure we will see some Cathar Sith and even some that want to become the heir to Mandalore a group that hunted them like vermin through the legacy system. I can't see any way that the Development team would have them as an Imperial species from the get go, so what is going to be the Imperial Equivilant. Given Cathar is the species of companion I wonder if more work has gone onto their model allowing for more equipment already worked round so I wonder if it will be another of the companion species like a Kaleesh or Trandoshian both of which work with siding with the empire.
Cathar is going to be a Legacy unlocked only race, so it will likely be neither a Republic nor Imperial race.
A Primer on the Emperor(yes this does have spoiler)

One Night Stands and Similar Encounter (spoilers again, and I am probably going to repost this sometime in the future)

Katahn's Avatar


Katahn
06.18.2012 , 11:14 AM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by Ranadiel_Marius View Post
Cathar is going to be a Legacy unlocked only race, so it will likely be neither a Republic nor Imperial race.
What's your source for this?
Katahn
- Just an aging geek that remembers seeing Ep4 in the theater as a kid and knows that Han shot first!

Ranadiel_Marius's Avatar


Ranadiel_Marius
06.18.2012 , 07:40 PM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by Katahn View Post
What's your source for this?
The initial announcement at whatever con it was announced at. Their description when announcing the race was soemthing like, "Cathar will be our first race unlocked exclusively through legacy." or something along those lines.
A Primer on the Emperor(yes this does have spoiler)

One Night Stands and Similar Encounter (spoilers again, and I am probably going to repost this sometime in the future)

sullysmith's Avatar


sullysmith
06.18.2012 , 10:40 PM | #144
I never liked the cathar, they always seemed way too lame. Imo more traditional races should be playable like the Togruta or Nautolan. Its just that cat people really don't appeal to me and I hope that they are not the only new playable race.
Formerly Masked the Unmasked of The Harbinger
Way to kill both Mass Effect and SWTOR Bioware, real nice job.
R.I.P SWTOR, You had bright future

iamthehoyden's Avatar


iamthehoyden
06.19.2012 , 09:23 AM | #145
Quote: Originally Posted by sullysmith View Post
I never liked the cathar, they always seemed way too lame. Imo more traditional races should be playable like the Togruta or Nautolan. Its just that cat people really don't appeal to me and I hope that they are not the only new playable race.
They're the first, but I've no doubt they will be far from the last. Torguta and Nautolan are very likely; I'd put money on them.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Captain_Zone's Avatar


Captain_Zone
06.19.2012 , 02:39 PM | #146
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
They're the first, but I've no doubt they will be far from the last. Torguta and Nautolan are very likely; I'd put money on them.
Same here. Also, don't count out the Zeltrons or the Kiffar. Not much different from humans, there.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Caspian_Rho's Avatar


Caspian_Rho
06.19.2012 , 03:02 PM | #147
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
Ok, bro. Your ignorance of Star Wars is showing. The Cathar have been established in Star Wars Lore and Canon since The Holiday Special. They were one of the elements kept for use in the rest of the Star Wars universe. Even though the Holiday Special is classified as S-Canon, that just means the story itself is N-Canon. The S-Canon elements are used in C-Canon all the time.

Their first major role was in Tales of the Jedi comics, most notably the characters of Crado and Sylvar. That was LONG before BioWare put Juhani into KotOR. So before you spout hate on the Cathar and BioWare, do our research.
retconned into the holiday special which was rejected as anything to do with Star Wars by Lucas himself. I don't know why you people insist on using 2nd rate evidence from some ridculous EU. Your ignorance is your own. I grew up with unadulterated pure Star Wars, before every man and his dog wanted to add and seriously damage the credibility of a once great IP.... further ruined by money leeching devs.

I salute you on your unwavering devotion to watering down of this great universe by demanding and fighting for rubbish of the highest order. What's next Grays with ray guns?? Don't take this personally (unlike your own attack on my post) I'll lump you in with the rest of the people slowly and methodically pillaging any decency left in a galaxy far far away....
Waiting for the definitive Star Wars sandbox mmo...

Caspian_Rho's Avatar


Caspian_Rho
06.19.2012 , 03:11 PM | #148
Quote: Originally Posted by Ireul View Post
Well then I guess BW should just redo everything and make it like the original trilogy, just to be safe and please the hard-core fans, right? Wrong cuz "classic Star Wars" is incredibly vague. Does that mean the movies and whatever lore pieces from the games, books, comics, etc. that YOU like?
I think source material should be stricter i.e. the 2 triliogies and anything offically released such as Shadows Of The Empire etc.
I don't like a huge percentage of Star Wars EU, that is true, I don't like certain things within the 2 core trilogies but I will accept those things so no not 'what I like'. EU I feel it moves away from the essence of the universe far too much. But such is the slavering money whores at LA.
Waiting for the definitive Star Wars sandbox mmo...

Captain_Zone's Avatar


Captain_Zone
06.19.2012 , 03:27 PM | #149
Quote: Originally Posted by Caspian_Rho View Post
retconned into the holiday special which was rejected as anything to do with Star Wars by Lucas himself. I don't know why you people insist on using 2nd rate evidence from some ridculous EU. Your ignorance is your own. I grew up with unadulterated pure Star Wars, before every man and his dog wanted to add and seriously damage the credibility of a once great IP.... further ruined by money leeching devs.

I salute you on your unwavering devotion to watering down of this great universe by demanding and fighting for rubbish of the highest order. What's next Grays with ray guns?? Don't take this personally (unlike your own attack on my post) I'll lump you in with the rest of the people slowly and methodically pillaging any decency left in a galaxy far far away....
Then why are you even playing this game?

This is the Expanded Universe, and you badmouth the game every chance you get, anyhow. Wow, bro. So much hate from you for everything Expanded Universe outside the movies. Luckily, the Cathar are coming to SWTOR and there is literally nothing you can do about it. The only option open to you to avoid Cathar filled game servers is to quit. And judging by your previous trash-talk about how horrible this game is, I think WoW is more for you.

In closing, if you really have a problem with the Star Wars Canon System, I suggest writing a very strongly worded letter to Leland Chee and/or George Lucas. Make sure you tell them exactly how you feel about their Canon system, and how you believe BioWare is abusing it. I'm sure they'll listen to you, as long as you word it strongly enough. Go all out. Don't hold back.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Izorii's Avatar


Izorii
06.19.2012 , 03:46 PM | #150
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
They're the first, but I've no doubt they will be far from the last. Torguta and Nautolan are very likely; I'd put money on them.
I hope they are not alone and I also hope we dont have to wait months between each species release. I want to create a new character and have a new main with a species I want to play.