Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cathar as a Playable Species

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Cathar as a Playable Species

Wolfninjajedi
06.07.2012 , 05:00 PM | #101
My post was more along the lines, of doing something entirely new. Not taking old ideas, and doing them differently.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Taalbert
06.08.2012 , 12:59 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Phyreblade View Post
I remain excited....Kittens incoming!
Just had a vision of bunches of kittens running around my ship. Why can't I have kittens living on my ship?!

And I agree with you, I am excited about playable Cathar, can't wait to roll one.
Rawr.

Katahn
06.08.2012 , 06:23 AM | #103
One of the criteria of playable races is they would have to look reasonable and acceptable kissing in romance scenes. So long as that remains a crtieria I am highly doubtful that we will ever see rodians, trandoshans, or any of the more interesting alien races added as playble. Other than the cathar that would leave the nautolans, weequay, togruta, and maybe the duros as the next set of probable species to be added.
Katahn
- Just an aging geek that remembers seeing Ep4 in the theater as a kid and knows that Han shot first!

chuixupu
06.08.2012 , 12:11 PM | #104
Yeah, I brought up that reason to someone who wanted to play a Jawa. You really want a romance scene with Mako as a Jawa? Plus you'll never get to see your own face, wear different armor, etc..
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Captain_Zone
06.08.2012 , 11:52 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
Yeah, I brought up that reason to someone who wanted to play a Jawa. You really want a romance scene with Mako as a Jawa? Plus you'll never get to see your own face, wear different armor, etc..
I still want to play a Jawa Sith Warrior. Just for the Epic Lulz when two unsuspecting NPCs see me for the first time....

Jedi 1: Is that a.... Jawa???

Jedi 2: Yes, and he just slaughtered an entire platoon of soldiers with a LIGHTSABER!!

Jedi 1: A RED lightsaber???

Jedi 2: Oh, man. Now he's coming this way..

Jedi 1: We are so boned...
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Izorii
06.09.2012 , 03:48 AM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
I still want to play a Jawa Sith Warrior. Just for the Epic Lulz when two unsuspecting NPCs see me for the first time....

Jedi 1: Is that a.... Jawa???

Jedi 2: Yes, and he just slaughtered an entire platoon of soldiers with a LIGHTSABER!!

Jedi 1: A RED lightsaber???

Jedi 2: Oh, man. Now he's coming this way..

Jedi 1: We are so boned...
Would love it if they put in Jawa and those little blue elephant like people we meet on Hoth. Through out the entire game I never have second thoughts about killing humans but I struggle to murder them. But I have the feeling it wil never happen.

Caspian_Rho
06.09.2012 , 03:57 AM | #107
Cat people are NOT part of classic Star Wars (classic Star Wars being the core element designs that have continuity through the universe not the OT)... they do NOT belong. People who are demanding these Thundercats are Bio fans first and Star Wars fans second.
They use EU to suit their needs and demands and use EU to slam anything else they don't agree with when it suits.

Rubbish species that don't belong. A few misguided stories early 90's when everyone was depressed from an overdose of Nirvana and Pearl Jam... Just a pity BW have drove most of the real fans off due to the mediocre average sc-fi pulp rubbish BW have spewed out on this title. The Old Derivative
... the search continues for an actual Star Wars MMO - your stories are weak old man... not to mention races, bugs, quests, features, pvp and on and on and on

Rayla_Felana
06.09.2012 , 04:24 AM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Caspian_Rho View Post
Cat people are NOT part of classic Star Wars (classic Star Wars being the core element designs that have continuity through the universe not the OT)... they do NOT belong. People who are demanding these Thundercats are Bio fans first and Star Wars fans second.
They use EU to suit their needs and demands and use EU to slam anything else they don't agree with when it suits.

Rubbish species that don't belong. A few misguided stories early 90's when everyone was depressed from an overdose of Nirvana and Pearl Jam... Just a pity BW have drove most of the real fans off due to the mediocre average sc-fi pulp rubbish BW have spewed out on this title. The Old Derivative
If you hate BiOWare so much, then just leave.

I'd have Cathar rather than half of the ludicrous species seen in Jabba's palace in RotJ.

Morlaak
06.09.2012 , 05:07 AM | #109
I would have preferred Nautolans or Mon Calamaris first, but I guess you can't always get what you want.

Rayla_Felana
06.09.2012 , 06:34 AM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by Morlaak View Post
I would have preferred Nautolans or Mon Calamaris first, but I guess you can't always get what you want.
Togruta or Nautolans would be my next guess.