Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Striges
05.14.2014 , 06:14 AM | #4971
I haven't met Iresso in-game yet, but I like him in your story. It is indeed a miracle that someone doesn't require the Jedi to solve all their problems.

DomiSotto
05.14.2014 , 06:40 AM | #4972
Thank you I hope you will like Iresso when he come on board in your game - he is really simply a nice guy, and it is sad how rare these characters are appreciated in the games.

Charmedseed
05.14.2014 , 09:18 PM | #4973
Quote: Originally Posted by DomiSotto View Post
Thank you I hope you will like Iresso when he come on board in your game - he is really simply a nice guy, and it is sad how rare these characters are appreciated in the games.
I agree! I've heard people say they aren't impressed with the Consular storyline, but I adore it. It's certainly my style - emotional, thriving with conflict over the concept of attachment (at least in my interpretation).

Hope to be more active soon; school is almost out! I have 600 elementary schoolers eagerly awaiting one last game-day in their technology class. =)
Luminous: Aitahea Daviin, Jedi Consular

More writing at suitablyambiguous.com

alaurin
05.15.2014 , 11:30 AM | #4974
Index is up to date!

I sincerely apologize for taking so long to update the index, but Springtime tends to get busy for me with events at my kids' school, yard work, getting back into running, baseball practice/games for my son.....you get the picture. I'm really behind on my reading and It doesn't help that I've had a sick kid home almost everyday this week. So I'm going to take a rare bow out of comments this time.....I'm so sorry and trust me, I feel the shame.

A year ago today, I posted my first ever fanfic on this site, The Things You Find Yourself Getting Talked Into featuring trooper Mallay and smuggler Bella. It took me a huge amount of courage to hit the submit button and post it. I was anxious as I then headed out to run some errands before my kids, but came home to find out just what a wonderful, supportive community I’d reached out to. I got so many wonderful and positive comments over the next few days and it gave me the courage to continue. I know my writing wasn’t great…..still isn’t really, but I can see that I’ve improved over the past year and that makes me feel good. So thank you, past, present, and future members of this fantastic community......you've truly enriched my life over the past year with your wonderful stories and overwhelming support.

In honor of this anniversary of sorts, I posted a revised edition of that first story on my Tumblr.....a link if you're interested.

I'm afraid I don't have anything for this week's prompt since my muse seems to want to give me intrigue and naughty shenaniganis for my male characters, Jax, Zev, and Dek. The last two for my boys are too risque for these forums, but If you're interested, you can find their stories listed along with my other two legacies here.

I do have something sorta silly for you that I posted on Tumblr a few weeks ago. I asked my followers which companion I should torture next (I'd just finished the piece where Jorgan gets caught leaving the fresher in the buff) and Lesaberisa/Lesabear requested C2-N2.

Title: The Final Straw
Prompt: Droids
Character: Mallayse-trooper, and companions
Setting: Thunderclap, soon after Fun in the Sun
Spoilers: None really other than who the trooper companions are.

Spoiler

Striges
05.16.2014 , 06:41 AM | #4975
@Alaurin: Not sure who's in more trouble here, C2 or Jorgan. I doubt anyone could stop Mallay on a tear. I almost feel sorry for C2--it's programmed to clean and pick up. He just need a "delicate" cycle subroutine or something.

Striges
05.16.2014 , 06:44 AM | #4976
New week, new prompt!

Week of May 16, 2014
Neither a Borrower nor a Lender Be. Whether borrowing money, your sister's clothes, your mother’s starship, or living on borrowed time, everyone borrows things. What happened when your character did? Did he lose it? Break it? Have a heck of a time giving it back in one piece? Or was your character the lender? Was the item ever returned or the credits paid back? What kind of condition was it in? Write about a time your character borrowed or lent out something. Prompt courtesy of Mirdthestrill.

And, as ever,

Night of the Living Prompt: Keep on using any prompt you like! Check out the list at http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...postcount=4734 and http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...postcount=4735 (yes, we’re up to two full posts!). Many thanks to Alaurin for maintaining these lists.

This week's featured NotLP:
I Love This Bar - We all do our time in the watering holes of the galaxy. What's your character's favorite memory of things seen, heard, done, purchased, insinuated, shot, kissed, imbibed, discombobulated, or otherwise rendered memorable in a cantina?

DomiSotto
05.16.2014 , 06:55 AM | #4977
@Alaurin - oh, no need to feel bad! It's all about having fun, be it writing, chatting, reading or commenting. Obligations be damned!

Lovely story, the kind of that make the game come alive for the player. Makes me miss my parked Trooper crew - I am putting my time into my Smuggler right now. Fingers crossed Jorgan is developed in this vein in the game too! His intro put me off, but he's travelling with me so far showed a completely different person - similar to what you are writing. The whole episode is pretty funny - woe to the luckless C2!

@Striges: Wow, challenging.

alaurin
05.16.2014 , 09:04 AM | #4978
Quote: Originally Posted by Striges View Post
@Alaurin: Not sure who's in more trouble here, C2 or Jorgan. I doubt anyone could stop Mallay on a tear. I almost feel sorry for C2--it's programmed to clean and pick up. He just need a "delicate" cycle subroutine or something.
Yeah, Jorgan better break out the armor before getting in the middle of that. As for C2....yeah, I feel bad for him, but then again, nice bras and panties aren't cheap. Good call though, some reprogramming might be in order!

Also, I love the prompt......two of my legacies include siblings, so there's a lot of potential there!

@Alaurin - oh, no need to feel bad! It's all about having fun, be it writing, chatting, reading or commenting. Obligations be damned!
Thanks.....I really hate not commenting, but I just got so behind with everything else going on in my household these past few weeks.

Lovely story, the kind of that make the game come alive for the player. Makes me miss my parked Trooper crew - I am putting my time into my Smuggler right now. Fingers crossed Jorgan is developed in this vein in the game too! His intro put me off, but he's travelling with me so far showed a completely different person - similar to what you are writing. The whole episode is pretty funny - woe to the luckless C2!
I think they did a really good job with Jorgan's character.......he really comes across as that drill sergeant type of jerk on Ord Mantell and the first time I rolled a trooper, I was pissed when I found out he was my first companion. Now he's one of my favorites and it's nice to see how he develops.....especially with a female character. Also, if you enjoyed the antics of C2, then you'll really like the first time he really ruined Mallay's stuff! That story is here.

DomiSotto
05.16.2014 , 09:44 AM | #4979
TY. Once I get my Trooper back into active status, I'll take a look (still have two elder characters though)

YoshiRaphElan
05.16.2014 , 11:15 AM | #4980
Prompt - Neither a Borrower nor a Lender Be
Title - I Want it Back
Class - Trooper/Bounty Hunter
No spoilers

Spoiler