Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Adwynyth
01.29.2014 , 10:23 AM | #4571
Quote: Originally Posted by TrystanLaryssa View Post
Oh, and yes... I have Malova in the Unfettered Trenchcoat for Balmorra... and BOY does it look different after watching the little uniformed Agent run around the capital! But that's what you do... become somebody other than yourself, for the good of the Empire. She's outside her comfort zone, sure... but when is the IA not?
I couldn't help it. On one of my snipers, I had to put her and Kaliyo both in the Imperial uniform from the Cartel Market.

It's hilarious to watch all these people that she's lying to and misleading into thinking she's a bunch of different things, none of them Imperial, trust her while she's trotting around looking like a Captain in the Imperial Navy.

Especially (Balmorra Agent spoilers)...
Spoiler

(Rant) Why didn't they add a standard Imperial cap to that uniform? I hate how it makes your hair go away, but it would have been so much better than putting Toothpicks in all of my characters' and crews' mouths. (Or Nihilus masks, which get immediately hidden and then mysteriously show up and cause much amusement in random on-ship class conversations.)
Horrendously bad fan fiction: Sith in a Pretty Dress

TrystanLaryssa
01.29.2014 , 03:29 PM | #4572
Yes. I got that outfit too. (Worth it... I have 3 characters who are using it... Quinn, Talos and Malova wear it!) But somehow it seemed... funny... on Balmorra.

That and once I got used to her looking all formal, it was fun to "make" her wear something else.

And thank you all for the kind explanations about writing schedules, prompts and such. I've actually had the prompt list bookmarked for some time now, just haven't gotten around to posting.
Jedi Caylenn Lorin - Darth Katharsys
"Emotion, yet peace. Ignorance, yet knowledge. Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony. Death, yet the Force."

Striges
01.29.2014 , 08:28 PM | #4573
Quote: Originally Posted by Adwynyth View Post
It's hilarious to watch all these people that she's lying to and misleading into thinking she's a bunch of different things, none of them Imperial, trust her while she's trotting around looking like a Captain in the Imperial Navy.
I flubbed a convo on Taris because I couldn't believe the NPC couldn't tell my Agent was Imperial. She's wearing the uniform for heaven's sake!

Umm, oh yeah, they can't actually see her. *facepalm*

Mirdthestrill
01.29.2014 , 09:14 PM | #4574
Comments:

Spoiler
I <3 alts!

Striges
01.30.2014 , 12:56 AM | #4575
Prompt: Why are you still here?

Character: Kirya Bilali (gunslinger), Corso, Risha

Title: Get the Hell off my Ship

Spoilers for the end of smuggler Coruscant, not quite 1800 words. Most of Kirya's stuff is later in her story. This piece would occur after the AU story Hope and Kisses.

Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler

TrystanLaryssa
01.30.2014 , 09:54 AM | #4576
@Striges- That was entertaining! I can completely feel for you on the point of railroaded companions... there have been a few I just don't think I would have brought along... even if I ended up liking them later. (Kath for example always left me with the impression he was always looking over his shoulder waiting for Khem to eat him! Kaliyo, too, is a fun companion and I love the banter as a player, but why somebody like Malova would have taken a loose cannon like her with is beyond me.) I loved the dialogue though... the repeated "get off my ship" very much had the feel of the reptitive "Where's my ship?!" from the in-game choices during the first book. Nicely characterized!

alaurin
01.30.2014 , 11:43 AM | #4577
Comments/Replies: (I'll update the Index in a bit)
Spoiler

Separate spoilery comment: Smuggler Spoilers
Spoiler

Now, it's time to find out what went down during the Nar Shaddaa Spice Incident......sorry, it's kinda long (~4400 words), but hopefully worth it!

Title: I Can’t Believe I Did That!!!
Prompt: The Morning After, Altered States of Mind
Character: Belladonya-Smuggler, Mallayse-Trooper
Setting: XS Freighter, immediately following What the Hell Did We Do Last NIght?!
Spoilers: Trooper Nar Shaddaa

Spoiler

TrystanLaryssa
01.30.2014 , 02:38 PM | #4578
@Alaurin- That was absolutely hysterical! I could hear Elara's reaction in that prim and proper Imperial accent of hers, and Aric too, with that tone of his when you know he's being patient but it's wearing thin... only this time it was more embarrassment. I about lost it with the mirror scene... The rivalry between the sisters was good too, you could really feel the history there. Although the bit about both Mallay and Aric having their own reasons for being a bit self-conscious was very intriguing. This whole arc was a fun read!

frauzet
01.30.2014 , 03:18 PM | #4579
Comments:
Spoiler

Prompt - Deadly Sins: wrath
Title - Hating Ord Mantell XV
Class - Trooper (Nikeo), Smuggler (Giz)
Words - About 500
Spoilers - Spoilers for Ord Mantell Trooper and Smuggler
Spoiler
Storyindex in chronological order

...From what I've tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire... (Frost)

SifaSeven
01.30.2014 , 05:12 PM | #4580
Hi, I'm SifaSeven, and I've been a lurker for quite a while. I love reading the stories in this forum...you all are a bunch of very talented writers. I've been on SWTOR for nearly six months (recently took the plunge and subbed after Christmas holidays). And I've been inspired to write some fic about my own characters.

Some comments about recent fic:
Spoiler

My first fic, introducing my IA, a Chiss named Ke'zz'aril (aka Kezz to his associates, and Ezzar to his family). This is from Kaliyo's POV.

Title: Under That Ice
Prompts: Hidden Talents, Gifts, Heritages and Antiques
Characters: Ke'zz'aril (IA) and Kaliyo
Setting: Aboard the Phantom X-70
Spoilers: None, but game-wise this happens between Balmorra and Nar Shaddaa
Word Count: about 1200

Spoiler

Notes
Spoiler