Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

YoshiRaphElan
12.10.2013 , 11:51 AM | #4371
@irishfino, not much more sincere a gift can be given!

@sthrift, sounds very suspicious. Keep it up!

sthrift
12.10.2013 , 10:39 PM | #4372
Yeah Yoshi, suspicious is one way to put it.

Next installment
Part 5

Spoiler

YoshiRaphElan
12.11.2013 , 11:16 AM | #4373
@sthrift, Voslic has more patience than me; I'd have kicked every one of the techs out of there. Nobody touches da Forex.

Prompt - (Un)invited Guests
Title - Night Visit
Class - Bounty Hunter/Trooper
No spoilers

Spoiler

Spoiler

alaurin
12.11.2013 , 11:40 AM | #4374
Sorry for any confusion, but I had to make a 6th slot for the SFC Index. The spots will always be linked in my signature and maybe if we can get one of the posts on the first page of the thread, it might make it easier for people to find the outlying number 6.

***The Prompt Archive and SFC Index have been moved to their own thread which can be found here.***

alaurin
12.11.2013 , 12:16 PM | #4375
Index is up to date!

I'm really behind on comments, so these are going to be quickies!!
Spoiler

I hope I didn't miss anyone and if I did, I'm really sorry and don't worry, Santa probably already has me on the naughty list this year.....

Here's a little something I posted on my Tumblr a couple of days ago, but since it is the gift giving season, I decided to post it here as well.

Title: A Beautiful Surprise
Prompt: Gifts
Character: Belladonya-smuggler
Setting: XS Freighter, sometime after this.
Spoilers: none really, just who the Smuggler companions are

Spoiler

sthrift
12.11.2013 , 08:19 PM | #4376
Replies and Comments

Replies

Spoiler

Comments

Spoiler

Striges
12.12.2013 , 11:34 PM | #4377
Everything else is coming up drivel this week.

I posted this on tumblr a while back. It fits for the prompt and I haven't posted a Varrel Umrahiel story in a while.

Prompt: Heritage and Antiques

Character: Varrel Umrahiel

Title: A Dangerous Project

Occurs after Bitterness. Spoilers for both Sith Warrior and Sith Inquisitor act 3. Also kind of spoilers for Lord Scourge story. Longish; 2700 words.

Spoiler

Note:
Spoiler

Striges
12.13.2013 , 09:08 AM | #4378
Managed to get comments in before the prompt changed:

YoshiRalphElan: Quinn’s intro to comics. I expect he’d excuse the entire episode as “research on the apprentice’s weaknesses”. Yes, that sounds appropriate and not at all like he’s enjoying the comics himself.

I also really liked Dha’s stories. In the first, the heirloom-that’s-not. Nicely done. We’ve all been thinking in terms of special old things, great job turning that on it’s head and showing more of Sha’s backstory. And the last one, where even with Dha’s relentless security and precautions were not quite enough.

Bright: All three of the shorts were just beautiful. Wynston showing his true colors even that early. Quinn telling himself he kept the sabers for practical reasons alone. Mama Savins’ pearls: something old and something new for Elara at the same time.

Irishfino: Given saber crystals are supposed to be chosen and special to the person using the saber, the idea that they don’t outlast the user is touching.

sthrift: Oh, very suspicious stuff going on here indeed. I love all the military details and how you’re developing this story. We’ve got just enough information to know that Havok’s in bigger trouble than they suspect.

Alaurin: Corso’s gift is so nice, given how Bella felt about showing him her artwork in the first place.

alaurin
12.13.2013 , 04:24 PM | #4379
Comments/Replies:
Spoiler

Ok, I'm veering a bit off course with this next thing and I profusely apologize in advance, but it isn't pretty and a bit dark. I have no idea where this came from, suffice to say that I have issues and likely need therapy...... It's kinda longish....~3100 words.

Title: A Damaged Soul
Prompt: Dreams and Nightmares, Bad Memories, a little Turning Points, some Affection
Character: Roslynd-JK
Setting: Emperor’s Fortress, Defender
Spoilers: JK Act 2 finale/Act 3 beginning

****warning: violence, torture, and mentions of/allocations to rape.*****
Spoiler

Author's Note: (JK Act 2 finale/Act 3 beginning spoilers)
Spoiler

bright_ephemera
12.13.2013 , 05:00 PM | #4380
Week of 12/13/2013
Signed, Sealed, and Delivered – Our universes see a lot of contracts made, whether verbal gentlemen’s agreements, electronic documents, or witnessed formal pacts. Sometimes contracts are entered into willingly; sometimes they’re coerced. Sometimes they’re broken; sometimes they’re protected against outside challenges. Sometimes old agreements come back at an unexpected time. Write about a contract your character made or avoided.

And, as ever,
Night of the Living Prompt: Keep on using any prompt you like! Check out the list at http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...postcount=1675.
This week's featured NotLP:
...Like No One's Watching - When we're alone we often indulge ourselves in things that might embarrass us if others knew. Bad music, bad dancing, whatever it is, we'd be pretty mortified if someone caught us. This time, write about your character's secret indulgences - and how they react when it's discovered.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.