Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Magdalane
03.11.2013 , 08:49 AM | #2901
Music to Calm the Soul

No spoilers, timeline is well after ch 3, and you know who it is

Spoiler

Spoiler
Love is the strongest magic of them all.

Striges
03.12.2013 , 07:48 AM | #2902
@ Kabeone: Vector is a natural for music, and I always like his odd perspective on things. The descriptions of the various members of the Agent's crew in his terms were interesting, I especially liked his take on Lokin.

@ Magdalane: Oh, Miriah and Corso are adorable together. Very sweet.

Tatile
03.12.2013 , 05:09 PM | #2903
Your Song - His Music
Rochester and Broan

Spoiler

Broan is a Sorcerer but he wears leather and armour...? I don't know, it works.

EverSteam
03.13.2013 , 12:07 AM | #2904
Just going to say at the start rather than the end, that I am reading everyone's things and enjoying them all.

Now to my short piece.
Prompt: Your Song and Alternate Perspectives.
Characters: my male Imperial Agent, Damin, reference to my BH (because I'm too obsessed) and Kaliyo who may be slightly off because I don't remember her well and, well, I find her hard to write (thus my general and persistent avoidance of her).
Words: over 2000
Spoilers: None
Set during chapter one at the end of Alderaan. In relation to 'The Life That's Left' it's a few days ahead of 'current' time.
And without further babbling, the actual piece:
Spoiler

kabeone
03.13.2013 , 08:40 PM | #2905
@Tatile I loved the way that one turned out. I saw your post in the writer's corner and I was wondering what the significance of the song was. Stirred up memories and Broan making sure he wouldn't have to hear that song again. <3 <3 <3.

So, I had some bad ideas for new stories I don't know if I'm going to run with it but I haven't had new character ideas in a while so I'm all excited.

Prompt: Allies
Featuring: Imperial Agent and friends, completely new universe. He's not named here. I think his name will be Rook.

Spoiler

Note:
Spoiler

bright_ephemera
03.13.2013 , 09:00 PM | #2906
I had an idea. I'll call it Alternate Perspectives. It is just four people commenting on each other's relationships on canon Ruth (Ruth Means Compassion)'s Voss.

Ruth, Wynston and co. all fall in together for some late-planet quests on Voss; it is the last of three occasions during the class line when Wynston, Kaliyo, Ruth, and Quinn are all in one place (the first was Nar Shaddaa, the second was Alderaan).

This takes place about a month and a half before Ruth ends her class line. That places it about a month before the split point of the Lodestone AU (canon: Wynston does his solo agent thing after stuff hits fan, Lodestone: he goes to Ruth after stuff hits fan). Spoilers for Sith Warrior Act 3. 900 words total.

Spoiler

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

bright_ephemera
03.13.2013 , 09:06 PM | #2907
kabe, you have the best ideas. The best. Rook!Kaliyo has so many possibilities. And Vector, "This song is not of the nest but it has grown familiar to us in recent years" is a good thought.

Eversteam,
Quote: Originally Posted by EverSteam View Post
Why were agent's never trained against jealousy? Because they are trained not to love and not regret. That training was too little and two years too late.
I love this.

Tatile, Broan sneakily making sure Rochester wouldn't have to hear it is just...I love seeing people look out for each other like that.

Magdalane, the image of Corso with the baby and Miriah watching is just adorable.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads

Vesaniae
03.13.2013 , 09:43 PM | #2908
A short piece with SW Tessa. No game spoilers. NotLP - Guilty Pleasures. Takes place fairly early in chapter one.

Spoiler

Note:
Spoiler
Serence Legacy Ebon Hawk
There's always lightning.

MilaniGrey
03.13.2013 , 09:46 PM | #2909
Quote: Originally Posted by Vesaniae View Post
A short piece with SW Tessa. No game spoilers. NotLP - Guilty Pleasures. Takes place fairly early in chapter one.

Spoiler

Note:
Spoiler
Oh.
My.
God.

I MADE IT AGAIN. *prances around*
The Islingr Legacy
Ebon Hawk Server
"How dreadfully spooky." -- Vesaniae's Darth Nox

bright_ephemera
03.13.2013 , 09:56 PM | #2910
Quote: Originally Posted by Vesaniae View Post
[H]e was so handsome, and charming… Well, okay, maybe not charming per se.
The snickering. It won't stop.

I sympathize very much with Tessa.
Bright's Fanfic Threads