Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Augments in companion's gear count toward total?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Augments in companion's gear count toward total?

MidichIorian
05.31.2012 , 02:09 PM | #1
Do they? Let's say that I'm getting Ashara some augmented gear and I put presence augments in the augment slots, will that count toward total or does it only count when I have them in my gear?

Also, and assuming that it works that way, is presence worth more than her main stat? Is it like expertise in PvP, kinda?

I googled this first but could only find old discussions and they implied that putting presence on the companion didnt count. Figured that it might have changed in some patch though.

OmySpy
05.31.2012 , 02:26 PM | #2
I'm not entirely sure, but my guess would be that presence would not help your companion at all. You can check; go to their character page and see if they have a Presence stat. If not, I don't think it will do anything. I think the idea is that -you- have such a great presence that your companions perform better around you.

Secondly, (I think you could also compare this yourself) I think that your companions are better off maxing their main stat, I don't think Presence has as big of an effect. (This is especially true if Presence does nothing when equipped on your companions.)

Someone else may have a more concrete answer
(The Corsair) RezBanthamaul

Joe-Skull
05.31.2012 , 03:31 PM | #3
Only the player can have presence.
"Eh, you take what you get" George Lucas
Also... Good Idea

AshlaBoga
05.31.2012 , 11:32 PM | #4
Both you can your companion can benefit from Expertise.

But you only get benefit's from presence in YOUR gear. Hope this helps.

MorgonKara
05.31.2012 , 11:53 PM | #5
Don't bother, Presence stat only works on the player character. You would be better off giving your companion power and endurance augments. It's called Overkill.
Armormech-Armstech-Chemist-Mor-gon-M'orgon-Maxxi
Armormech-Armstech-Biochem-Artifice-Synthweaving-Cybertech
The Craft Legacy ~The Ebon Hawk

D-BOB
11.04.2012 , 08:06 PM | #6
i just augmented all my companions gear and it did not do nothing at all. Its just like his gear not even augmented at all.

DarkLordIceman
11.04.2012 , 08:47 PM | #7
Shouldn't giving your companion presence increase your stats?

SleepyKing
11.04.2012 , 09:48 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkLordIceman View Post
Shouldn't giving your companion presence increase your stats?
Post of the day

I did not even know there were presence Augments, but no, they won't help your companion. Presence is useful only to the player - it increases your companions' health, healing and damage. It does not make that much difference once you pass level 25-30 in any case (and has no use in flashpoints and operations, since your companion will be absent).

Augments on companion gear does work as normal, however. You can see the stat changes in the gear description; if you added a +12 END/+18 STR augment to an item, you'll see that reflected in the item stats - the endurance and strength bonuses will be higher. That's useful for companions as well as you - as long as the companion has a use for the particular stat. No use putting a strength augment in the gear of a companion whose primary stat is aim, for example.

DPCummerbund
11.05.2012 , 05:28 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by D-BOB View Post
i just augmented all my companions gear and it did not do nothing at all. Its just like his gear not even augmented at all.

There's a bug where the changes to your companions' stats don't show up when you change them. If you dismiss them & recall them you'll see the new stats.
"Have you seen what the Sith are wearing? It's like every fashion designer in the galaxy went over to the Dark Side." - Kira Carsen
"You there! I'm drafting you into the Imperial Reclamation Service's... service." - Lieutenant Whist

JacksonMo
11.06.2012 , 09:28 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by SleepyKing View Post
Post of the day

I did not even know there were presence Augments, but no, they won't help your companion. Presence is useful only to the player - it increases your companions' health, healing and damage. It does not make that much difference once you pass level 25-30 in any case (and has no use in flashpoints and operations, since your companion will be absent).

Augments on companion gear does work as normal, however. You can see the stat changes in the gear description; if you added a +12 END/+18 STR augment to an item, you'll see that reflected in the item stats - the endurance and strength bonuses will be higher. That's useful for companions as well as you - as long as the companion has a use for the particular stat. No use putting a strength augment in the gear of a companion whose primary stat is aim, for example.
Matter of opinion. +2000 health is nothing to sneeze at
+100 human race unlock, +50 smuggler companions unlock, +50 trooper, +20 knight (working on that)
Throw in stims and cantina drinks, it really adds up.
Haven't tried presence augments yet.