Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP Guide – Gearing up, medals and commendations

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP

TrumpetNut
09.04.2012 , 03:39 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by texnvienna View Post
little off topic, just wondering if anyone else thinks its a good idea to possible earn social points for pvp. maybe it could be half what you get from fp, just a few points for pvp would be nice.

very nice guide btw great info to know!!
Great Idea then u can get social while having fun pvping and not just Bt/esseles like 100 times!

Romuls
09.27.2012 , 04:10 AM | #42
Crafting recipes should be able to e bought so we can better our gear from battle master.
Should have some soicial points may be 2 or some low number for playing in wz. Ranking only team play leaves so many of us out of the better gear.if you are going to have ranked teams make them fight them selfs. I to play pvp but hate the way you rank only those that group.Our rank should be based on how much we play in wz or in world pvp areas not on if we are in a team. Where is the solo que for ranked wz. Please fix the pvp so that all the players I know that no longer play will come back. Also not everyone likes un fair pvp most of us just want a chance to compeat with equal gear.

cub-lover
11.02.2012 , 06:06 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Bytesin View Post

Since Ranked Warzones are finally here, I figure the new players and some old ones, could use some help regarding gearing up, getting ranked warzone commendations, medals etc.

Most of the info used here is from:
http://www.oldrepublic.net/470-how-g...endations.html
http://www.oldrepublic.net/304-pvp-v...tles-list.html
For more details and screenshots check the original articles.

I’ve noticed that in Warzones a lot of new players, and even old PvE players are not getting the Recruit suit and instead, they are coming with pve gear. Well … that’s the worst way to do it – even if you wear Rakata gear, Recruit is a lot better due to Expertise, which is the most important stat in PvP. Don’t be cheap and buy it, it’s worth the money.

Here are the prices for the Recruit gear:

Wrist – 20500 Credits
Waist – 20500 Credits
Boots – 26200 Credits
Ear – 17000 Credits
Implant – 17000 Credits
Hands – 26200 Credits
Head – 31700 Credits
Chest – 31700 Credits
Main-Hand – 38700 Credits
Off-hand – 19300 Credits
Legs – 31700 Credits
Champion Relics – 11300 Credits

So, to get full Recruit gear (including 2 Relics) it will cost you only 320000 Credits and provide you with approximately 900 Expertise which is more than decent for a fresh PvPer. Also lvl 50 players will get a new one-time PvP mission (New technology) available at the Mission Terminal on the Imperial and Republic fleets located in the Combat Training Quarter. This mission will allow you to choose between the following rewards: Recruit Gear Box (a complete Recruit set based on your AC) or a Recruit Credit Redemption Token, which can be sold at the vendor for 320000 credits (the cost of a full Recruit set).

After getting the Recruit gear, you are ready to do some Warzones and get Commendations for the Battlemaster gear. You can’t skip this tier if you want to go further and get the War Hero set.
Warzone Commendations (these can be obtained by playing normal Warzones) are needed in order to buy Battlemaster items.

Let’s take a look over the Battlemaster gear prices:

Wrist – 550 Warzone Commendations
Waist – 625 Warzone Commendations
Boots – 875 Warzone Commendations
Ear – 625 Warzone Commendations
Implant- 625 Warzone Commendations
Hands – 875 Warzone Commendations
Head – 1075 Warzone Commendations
Chest – 1425 Warzone Commendations
Main-Hand – 1550 Warzone Commendations
Off-Hand – 1550 Warzone Commendations
Legs - 975 Warzone Commendations

War Hero gear and Ranked Warzone Commendations

The next step is the War Hero gear. Players can buy it with Ranked Warzone Commendation + the equivalent Battlemaster item. For a full list of War Hero and Ranked War Hero gear costs please check this article: http://www.oldrepublic.net/470-how-g...endations.html

Note: When buying a piece of War Hero gear players must have the equivalent Battlemaster item in the inventory (not equipped). Only the empty shell is needed (you can get the mods off from the item and you should still be able to trade it for War Hero gear).

Ranked Warzone Commendations can be obtained by doing Ranked Warzones or the PvP Daily and Weekly missions. Also players will be able to trade 30 Warzone Commendations for 10 Ranked Warzone Commendations, but Valor Rank 40 is required. More details about this can be found in the link above.

Note: Valor Rank is the system implemented by Bioware as a method for distributing PvP rewards and titles (such as crafted Battlemaster / War Hero / Rated War Hero gear, Longspur Recon mount. etc). Valor XP can be obtained by doing Warzones and Open World PvP.

Crafted Battlemaster and War Hero gear

This gear can be made by Synthweaving and Amormech. The gear has no mods on it, basically it’s just the empty shell.
However, to equip this crafted gear, players have to obtain a certain Valor Rank (Rank 60 for Battlemaster, Rank 70 for War Hero, while the Rated War Hero also requires Warzone Rating).
Also, augment slots can be added on any gear now. Bonus sets can be transfered on them but only from the new items added in Game Update 1.2 or later, such as War Hero set.

For some screenshots please check the original article: http://www.oldrepublic.net/470-how-g...endations.html

Medals and Titles

Completing some achievements during a Warzone, will award you with medals. The first 8 Medals are now worth 250 Valor and 5 Commendations each. Players earn Valor and Commendations only for the first 8 Medals (2000 Valor / 40 Commendations in total).
For the full list of medals and titles please refer to the original article: http://www.oldrepublic.net/304-pvp-v...tles-list.html

Resolve Bar

Basically, the resolve bar is a visual representation on how many movement, knock backs or action impairing effects (purple bar) a player can take before he becomes immune (the white bar). A good article explaining how this works can be seen here: http://www.oldrepublic.net/391-pvp-r...planation.html
ur mactuly with my main i did skip recruit as i had enough pve and wz cosm to get bm gear though not botherign with WH gear as its too much of a gear grind

Yaesive
11.04.2012 , 09:54 PM | #44
This is an excellent guide, just wish you had a bit on the various types of armor (e.g. Master, Mystic, survivor, etc...) But is definitely helps especially for those that have not done much PvP
Yaesive | Jo'lin | Fojea
Jedi Sage | Jedi Guardian | Smuggler
Jedi Covenant - Outer-Rim Recon Battalion Formerly Canderous Ordo
"Do or Do Not. There is no Try" - Yoda

TascaFH
11.05.2012 , 04:29 PM | #45
You left out the "please be patient while you die, a LOT, while you try to upgrade out of recruit gear" section.

Yaesive
11.06.2012 , 07:06 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by TascaFH View Post
You left out the "please be patient while you die, a LOT, while you try to upgrade out of recruit gear" section.
This is such a great comment I would give it 2 THUMBS up if the system would allow it.
Yaesive | Jo'lin | Fojea
Jedi Sage | Jedi Guardian | Smuggler
Jedi Covenant - Outer-Rim Recon Battalion Formerly Canderous Ordo
"Do or Do Not. There is no Try" - Yoda

livinlife
11.14.2012 , 11:22 PM | #47
lol metioning rak gear vs recruit, recruit gear is that bad that u may aswell just go in naked which i've done from time to time and been just as effective

crasiat
11.19.2012 , 07:37 PM | #48
So even if you craft your gear, you still need to grind the war hero gear for the mods? So what is the point to craft your gear? Just for the look?

Glorthox
11.27.2012 , 06:38 PM | #49
Nice guide, but the pre pvp gear really is junk when going against premades and seasoned veterans. All the marks to get upgrades require endless grinding, but grinding and losing most of the time makes the game kinda lame. Losing and only getting about 50 marks makes the grind suck that much more. I really wish the costs were a tad bit lower...

Malkavier
11.28.2012 , 03:25 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by crasiat View Post
So even if you craft your gear, you still need to grind the war hero gear for the mods? So what is the point to craft your gear? Just for the look?
Basically, yes.
L50 Annhi Marauder L50 Madness Sorc L17 Gunslinger L23 Pyro Tech L35 Medic OP L17 Marks Sniper L50 Lethality Sniper

"Your fear angers me. My anger feeds my hate. My hate gives me strength."