Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP Guide Gearing up, medals and commendations

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PvP Guide Gearing up, medals and commendations

Aurrelio
06.26.2012 , 07:03 PM | #31
Hey Bytesin!

The updates look great. Thanks for all your work on this thread!

Jammore
06.27.2012 , 04:58 AM | #32
Hi,
Is it possible to craft a battlemaster gear and then exchange it for War Hero gear (together with ranked commendations)? You could probably save a bit more commendations by this and purchase gear more early.

CashaMano
07.02.2012 , 08:50 AM | #33
Thx for posting this it helped me alot
[url=http://www.enjin.com][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/si

FunkyBMan
07.04.2012 , 08:30 AM | #34
@ShadowofVey Voting for MVP and getting social points is real good idea. I hope they put that into action sometime.

ML_DoubleTap
07.06.2012 , 11:29 AM | #35
I posted this on my guild forums and thought it may be helpful for other soon-to-be 50s...

With several people rolling alts lately and some about to hit 50 for the first time I thought I'd put together a short template for quick PvP gearing. If you plan to do a fair amount of PvP I HIGHLY recommend doing sub 50 PvP to bank up some comms. Ideally you'll have 3500 Ranked Warzone Comms(RWZC) and 2000 Warzone Comms(WZC) saved up by the time you hit 50. You can start buying RWZ at valor rank 40, so if you pvp as you level that would mean when you hit level 40 since valor is capped at your current level prior to 50.

When you hit 50, first buy two War Hero Implants and a BM mainhand weapon with your saved comms. The implants are generally the biggest bang for your buck since you don't need the BM piece for them first and the BM main hand will give you a large boost off the bat as well. Fill in EVERY remaining slot with recruit gear. Make sure you get the mission from the PvP terminal that grants you Recruit gear. Since you purchased a few pieces of BM and WH gear, you'll be better to get the token and sell it, then use that money to purchase the necessary recruit pieces. This will leave you with 650 RWZC and 50 WZC. At this point, you'll just save the 650 RWZC for a while and start focussing on BM pieces.

Your next purchase should be a pvp color crystal from the pvp items vendor. If you complete your pvp daily your first day at 50 you should be able to buy this. It's only 500(or 550 can't remember) WZC which you should get between the games you need to play for the daily and the reward. At this point, you will already have over 1000 Expertise in just your first day at 50! Here is an example of what a DPS shadow would look like after taking this path: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...6-0b7bd5ff9084

After that first day you'll want to start focussing on getting your BM pieces. I personally recommend buying the cheaper pieces first. This allows you to start boosting your stats quicker which will make you competitive more quickly. If you go this route you will purchase: Bracers>Belt>Boots>Gloves>Legs>Head>Chest>Offhand. Notice I skipped Earpiece and Relics. Those are best to keep as recruit until you can buy War Hero versions since the WH doesn't require BM to purchase. Buying the BM version is inefficient use of comms.

After you have a full BM set, buy your WH Earpiece and Relics and then start at the cheapest and work your way up again... Bracers>Belt>Boots>Gloves>Legs>Head>Chest>Offhand> Mainhand

After ALL of that you can start chasing BiS mods and enhancments from other classes War Hero gear

Funjokel
07.08.2012 , 03:35 PM | #36
lol dont be cheap? wow and here i thought i was getting my credits up with 5,700.... as a "fresh" tor player, and even more fresh wz player, i think its safe to say that my PVE gear is all i can afford atm, thanks.

well
07.08.2012 , 03:36 PM | #37
Thanks for the info.Also I found out you can't get valor level above your normal level.I fairly new at PVP so it was a bit of a surprise.I deleted one of my older chrs to try doing mainly PVP with Legacy perks to see how it would work out.It has been fun so far.

Gronkaarr
07.20.2012 , 11:47 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Jammore View Post
Hi,
Is it possible to craft a battlemaster gear and then exchange it for War Hero gear (together with ranked commendations)? You could probably save a bit more commendations by this and purchase gear more early.
I would like to know this as well. Also, it was mentioned that you can remove the mods from the BM gear before you trade it in for the WH piece, but is this what most people are doing, is it worth keeping the BM mods seeing as you are getting lvl 61 mods in the WH gear?

criminalheretic
07.20.2012 , 05:17 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Gronkaarr View Post
I would like to know this as well. Also, it was mentioned that you can remove the mods from the BM gear before you trade it in for the WH piece, but is this what most people are doing, is it worth keeping the BM mods seeing as you are getting lvl 61 mods in the WH gear?
The only gear you can trade in for WH is the Purple BM you got from the vendor, not the orange stuff people craft. That is just for aesthetics. In other words, they make you grind and buy the BM before you can buy the WH.

Yes you CAN remove mods and enhancements from the BM gear before turning it in. At the end of the day, those mods are still better than what you may find on the GTN, and people like to throw them in the "exalted" orange bracers/belts to min/max certain stats like power etc.
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

LWSugden
08.30.2012 , 10:59 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by JediSandwich View Post
Really would like to see this info in the guide. I haven't hit 50 since before 1.2 -- back when you would max out WZ and Merc commendations and buy one BM bag before 50. Would be a big help if you could outline what a pre-50 can do in order to prepare gear-wise for 50 WZs.
I agree. My only PvP experience is World PvP while PvEing. I have rolled a new character to explore this aspect of the game. But most of the advice I see posted is what to do at Level 50, or maybe 40.

I'd like to see a guide similar to a crafting leveling guide that explains: Level 10 - 19 do this. Tips and secrets to success at this level are: teamwork, medpacs, stims, etc. Level 20 - 40: Same as above but play more Huttball instead of Civil War, etc. If any of that matters.

As a complete PvP noob, where do I start at level 10? What do I need to know to be successful? What do I need to do to be great when I get to Level 50?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
-- Art Bladestone, Commando
The galaxy's only kamikaze pilot with 32 successful missions.