Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Next two playable races

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lodril
01.15.2013 , 06:55 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by AsheraII View Post
Togruta for Republic
Zeltron for Empire
Zeltron would be cool, but honestly they don't need to be a separate species selection, just add additional 'alien' skin colors to the humans. I'm not sure why they didn't do that from the beginning.

Jagrattlehead
01.15.2013 , 07:09 PM | #32
They can't even get one race in, and people are asking for two?

SithKoriandr
01.15.2013 , 08:31 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Vinak View Post
I'd like to see Legacy....limitations removed first of all...and non force sensitive(or lore limited) species restricted from force sensitive classes...and entirely implausible races restricted from each faction sith Jedi... chiss republic? /facepalm

then maybe a current gen character customization system after that...

then i guess I would like to see the voss become a neutral race to play. dunno after that. republic will need a unique race or 2 if Bioware ever gets their **** together and fixes the legacy crap.
But...there's been Chiss Jedi in the EU way before TOR.

ganondorq
01.15.2013 , 08:43 PM | #34
i'd like to see falleen and zeltrons. both are beautiful and seriously awesome species. we know that they're both in the galaxy in this time period, as we have a falleen become a darth, and we have zeltron devices for courting. also, they're human enough to not break the "humans with different skin" thing they like so much.

Altyrell
01.16.2013 , 08:53 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlon_Nabarlly View Post
This sounds like an assumption as I've never seen a dev say that. It would actually be somewhat easier to use 4 or 5 already recorded Selath phrases and make the player read. Also what I've always thought they should do for non-basic speaking races is give a toggle as to whether that toons speaks basic or speaks their native language (I'd like them to reverse this for some current races, Twliek for example).

That's all assuming we ever get a non-basic race, which is a giant if right now.
No, not assumption:

Quote: Originally Posted by Altyrell View Post
Except it was the Voice Director that stated that all Player Characters will speak Basic, therefore any Playable Species must be able to Speak Basic:

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/f...r-wars-the-old

WB = Will Beckman, Voice Director
DH = Darth Hater

DH: We have been told that players have the option of making their characters a non-human species. Will all players be voiced in galactic basic, be it English, French, or German, or will some be able to speak in an alien language, similar to Jory in the Bounty Hunter demo?

WB: The players will have the option of creating non-human player characters. However all of the player characters will speak basic as much of the entertainment in the conversations comes from the player character responses.

chuixupu
01.16.2013 , 09:28 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by DamionSchubert View Post
We probably would never make a non-English speaking player race. I know it seems attractive, but simply put, hearing alien for way too long drives you crazy. An early build of the game had Tython populated by a race other than Twi'leks, and after about the fourth quest, you want to put a fist through your monitor.

So any races we add in the future will need to plausibly be able to speak basic.
Reluctantly, I have to agree. It's nice to have for flavor every now and then, but when I talk to too many alien language NPCs in a short time period, I have to spacebar through it. Maybe if they made it as complex and natural as an actual language it wouldn't be as bad, but you start to realize that you're hearing a lot of the same words over and over. And don't get me started on talking to Bowdaar. I actually freaked out some of the people in my house with that.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Gnomesolo
01.16.2013 , 09:59 PM | #37
I want the small blue elephant like race

myolinyr
01.16.2013 , 10:06 PM | #38
, and after about the fourth quest, you want to put a fist through your monitor.

I think.... I think I love you, man.

*steals your beer*

PsychKenn
01.16.2013 , 10:25 PM | #39
We probably would never make a non-English speaking player race. I know it seems attractive, but simply put, hearing alien for way too long drives you crazy. An early build of the game had Tython populated by a race other than Twi'leks, and after about the fourth quest, you want to put a fist through your monitor.

So any races we add in the future will need to plausibly be able to speak basic.
I agree with this. I'd counter with the fact that in many EU sources almost any race can learn galactic basic. Not every member of a species mind you, but the point of the game is you're playing a unique individual destined to do great things. It is plausible for many races that have been in the top running on almost all polls here on the forums to speak basic. Probably the bigger problem is the race size/shape rather than a can they talk like everyone else issue.

Shaulardor
01.16.2013 , 10:37 PM | #40
The Voss. I am question on Voss now and that is a bad($# looking species.