Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patch download and repair

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

tabascoboy
05.16.2012 , 12:29 AM | #1
Spoiler
This post has been edited to include spoiler tags. – CS Forum Team

tabascoboy
05.16.2012 , 12:30 AM | #2
Spoiler
This post has been edited to include spoiler tags. – CS Forum Team

Cerimon
05.16.2012 , 02:12 AM | #3 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings tabascoboy,

Have you deleted any asset files on purpose? What erroneous behaviour are you seeing? Is the Launcher repairing repeatedly?

Please log into the launcher and before pressing play click on the cog icon and choose repair. Please run the repair utility multiple times until there is no indication of files being repaired.

If the Launcher is repeatedly repairing the same file(s) you may need to run a hard drive scan to check for errors as follows:

Run chkdsk
Chkdsk is a tool which is built into Windows that checks your hard drive for bad sectors. We ask you to run chkdsk so that you can be sure that your game files are not being written to a bad segment of your hard drive, causing them to become corrupted.

To run chkdsk via the Windows Command Prompt:
  • Open the Windows Start Menu
  • Type 'cmd' in the 'Search programs and files' field, hold Ctrl+Shift and press enter
  • Type 'chkdsk <drive >:' where the drive is the letter of the drive you are installing to, e.g. 'chkdsk c:', and press enter If errors are detected you can repair using the '/r' option, e.g. 'chkdsk c: /r'
To run chkdsk via the Windows GUI (Windows 7):
  • Select 'Computer' from the Windows Start Menu
  • Right-click on the drive you are installing to and select 'Properties'
  • Select the 'Tools' tab
  • Under 'Error Checking' select 'Check now...' If errors are detected, you will be prompted with an option to repair
Please post again, giving us more information if your issue persists.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

tabascoboy
05.17.2012 , 03:04 AM | #4
I will do Hard drive check next. And, no I have not done anything to the files at all. Every Patch it downloads to about 33% and then sends me to repair. Then the repair stops working and I start patch again and it sometimes finishes but sometimes ti stops at 33% and sends me to repair again. Any suggestions other than checking Hard drive?

tabascoboy
05.17.2012 , 03:11 AM | #5
Windows has checked the file system and found no problems

Cerimon
05.17.2012 , 03:24 AM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings tabascoboy,
  • Go to this location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic
    Here, if you find a folder called 'Patch', delete it please.
  • Run FixLauncher.exe which is also in the above location as administrator. Run the Launcher again.
  • If you still have an issue at this point please download the installer from www.swtor.com/download and run this over your existing installation.
Please post again if the issue remains.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support