Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Wow. Great game but.....

applecheese
05.15.2012 , 11:43 PM | #1
I can't play it because my story line is bugged. In the Agent story I am on the Darth Jadus part and I can't target him to begin the fight. What a shame. I believe with 200 million dollars on a game they could overlook such huge bugs. I saw similar posts about the bugs but I though people were just exaggeration. errrrrr. Makes me angry.

Tuscad
05.15.2012 , 11:48 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by applecheese View Post
I can't play it because my story line is bugged. In the Agent story I am on the Darth Jadus part and I can't target him to begin the fight. What a shame. I believe with 200 million dollars on a game they could overlook such huge bugs. I saw similar posts about the bugs but I though people were just exaggeration. errrrrr. Makes me angry.
Unfortunately Bioware doesn't care, this bug has been reported since beta and many times since. Nothing has been said about it by them nor have they fixed it.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

Monave
05.16.2012 , 12:03 AM | #3
I have a sniper and there is a half-a**ed walk-around or method to get past him.

You may want to do a search on the IA boards.

What I did was hide behind the computer banks and send Kaliyo in to aggro and bring her right back with passive. Have Jadus come to you and you can target him basically once he moves from position.

For some reason this does not seem to be a priority fix to EAoware. Although you can clear it, you may have to die several times due to the weird way you need to start the encounter.

P.S. Actually this probably needs to be moved to the IA board.

Tuscad
05.16.2012 , 01:12 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Monave View Post
I have a sniper and there is a half-a**ed walk-around or method to get past him.
P.S. Actually this probably needs to be moved to the IA board.
It got moved here from General, the lack of response makes me think that they just want this topic to go away and die. They should not have launched the game when a single class story mission had big bugs in it. Two launched that I know of, probably more. This one and one for the Bounty Hunter are the two that I am thinking of, at least the Bounty Hunter one got fixed.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

Tautha
05.16.2012 , 01:50 PM | #5
So Darth Jadus isn't dead? Gee thanks...

There's a reason for spoiler tags other than dxdiag reports y'know...
Life isn't complicated - people complicate life!

Tuscad
05.16.2012 , 01:59 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Tautha View Post
So Darth Jadus isn't dead? Gee thanks...

There's a reason for spoiler tags other than dxdiag reports y'know...
For what it is worth I am sorry that happened to you.

Tautha
05.17.2012 , 02:37 AM | #7
Nevermind, it's not like it's the end of the world - or does that happen too?
No wait - I don't want to know

BTW, like you're sig - never realized how 'generic' this game was.
Life isn't complicated - people complicate life!

ChewyYui
05.17.2012 , 06:08 AM | #8
I had this issue, a fight that should have taken two minutes, took 40minutes or so, because the only way i could actually damage him was point blank in melee range, where he'd occasionally reset then initiate combat right away. I had to get a friend who played a melee character to come help out on the fight so I could actually do it. If you have a friend that can help you I'd suggest asking them to help, otherwise I wish you luck on the fight against him.
The Progenitor - The Alteric Legacy - Kira-chan

Gronkaarr
05.17.2012 , 06:27 AM | #9
You can complete this quest by getting Jadus off the platform that he starts on. I did this by sending my companion (i was using Kaliyo) to attack Jadus while I stayed off the platform. Once she has aggro from Jadus put her on passive so that she comes back to you and Jadus will follow. If you can't get her to attack Jadus then get aggro yourself by getting right next to him and attacking. then run down the stairs and get him to follow you off the platform. when he's off the platform you won't have issues with cannot see target or whatever the error message is. good luck

Elmillia
05.17.2012 , 08:27 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Tautha View Post
Nevermind, it's not like it's the end of the world - or does that happen too?
No wait - I don't want to know

BTW, like you're sig - never realized how 'generic' this game was.
At the end of the trooper story line, Coruscant gets bombed and Dromund Kaas explodes.