Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BioChem - Only one's to get Reusable Consumables

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
BioChem - Only one's to get Reusable Consumables

shaclad
12.13.2011 , 12:40 PM | #11
As somebody who tested Biochem in every build since July, I can tell you the following:

Green quality stims/adrenals/medpacs that you produce typically provide the same benefit as the purple quality items, but the purple quality items are reuseable.

The blue quality items are the ones that have extra stats or provide increased benefits, but they are only useable once.

The purple items are not BoP but typically do require a minimum Biochem skill to use them, basically limiting them to fellow Biochemists. The only exception would be the very first set of purple items, which in the last build had no requirement except a basic level requirement to use.
Working on your strengths makes you stronger,
Working on your weaknesses makes you invincible.

Methax
12.13.2011 , 12:43 PM | #12
Well if the Rakata isn't reusable then why do both website databases have the tag "this marvel of biochemical engineering is not consumed on use?"

Sarkav
12.13.2011 , 12:49 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Methax View Post
Well if the Rakata isn't reusable then why do both website databases have the tag "this marvel of biochemical engineering is not consumed on use?"
Ah, you are right - it just doesn't have "reusable" in the actual name like all the other resusable items do. So confusing.

Regault
12.13.2011 , 12:50 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Gizban View Post
I believe they get reusable consumables to help balance Biochem with the other skills which will see a large demand.

Bio: stims, adrenals, medpacks, and implants.

Cyber: droid armor, earpieces (similar to implant), grenades, armoring (armor only mods), mods (armor and/or weapon mods), gadgets like Portable Transport Beacon, and Custom-Built Speederbikes.
Except everything that will have high demand at endgame is either made by Biochem(Stims) or Cybertech(Armor mods, Transport Beacons)

None of the non-BoP Artifice, Armstech, Armormech or Synthweaving items are on the same level as raid gear, even with reverse engineering, so they'll be made obsolete as time goes on.

All the hardcore raiding guilds will devolve into everyone using Biochem with a few Cybertechs making Transport Beacons.

The equation is simple: If you were raiding, would you rather have the two lowest value gear slots get BiS items that probably drop from the first boss, or the ability to use consumables constantly on every fight with no upkeep costs whatsoever?

The Rakata stims aren't so bad, actually, but the reusable adrenals desperately need a nerf.

Methax
12.13.2011 , 12:54 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarkav View Post
Ah, you are right - it just doesn't have "reusable" in the actual name like all the other resusable items do. So confusing.
Yea, that's why I was confused when you said they weren't. There is an actual item with the name reusable in it that isn't BoP by the looks, and may as well not have a biochem requirement. But the exotech would be superior for min/max reasons.

Regault
12.13.2011 , 01:00 PM | #16
Darth Hater lists Rakata Adrenals in the recipes that are both reusable and better than Exotech Adrenals. I seriously hope they didn't make it into the final game. An extra 30 Power per adrenal plus saving tens of thousands of credits in raiding costs would be seriously overpowered.

Sarkav
12.13.2011 , 01:02 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Regault View Post
None of the non-BoP Artifice, Armstech, Armormech or Synthweaving items are on the same level as raid gear, even with reverse engineering, so they'll be made obsolete as time goes on.
It looks like most of the BOP crafting items are the same level of the first tier of raiding epics. And there are also BOP crafting items that are the same level of the second tier of raiding epics, but they require drops from the raid zones. (At least that is what it looks like to me from perusing the item databases).

The Third tier of raiding epics have no crafting equal (nightmare modes).

That said the exception looks to be the crafted relics from Artifice which look like tier three, and there does not appear to be any raid items for that slot (could be databases are no up to date). Also the crafted relics look like they only have a click affect on them and not any stats (which may be wrong since I am not sure I wouldn't want the blue level 50 relics over those).

Also, it looks like there may be BOP mods that would be advantageous to the crafting classes that could make those (the whole mod system still confuses me terribly so I am not sure if those are the type of mods that would go into raid gear or what).

Tumultus
12.13.2011 , 01:09 PM | #18
Cybertech gets reusable grenades, which I would consider a consumable.

Tumultus - 50 Parakeet PT/Nyarlathotep - 50 Madness Sorcerer
Nodens - 29 Commando Combat Medic/Dagon - 25 Consular Seer

Regault
12.13.2011 , 01:20 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarkav View Post
It looks like most of the BOP crafting items are the same level of the first tier of raiding epics. And there are also BOP crafting items that are the same level of the second tier of raiding epics, but they require drops from the raid zones. (At least that is what it looks like to me from perusing the item databases).

The Third tier of raiding epics have no crafting equal (nightmare modes).

That said the exception looks to be the crafted relics from Artifice which look like tier three, and there does not appear to be any raid items for that slot (could be databases are no up to date). Also the crafted relics look like they only have a click affect on them and not any stats (which may be wrong since I am not sure I wouldn't want the blue level 50 relics over those).

Also, it looks like there may be BOP mods that would be advantageous to the crafting classes that could make those (the whole mod system still confuses me terribly so I am not sure if those are the type of mods that would go into raid gear or what).
Devs outright stated in the last stages of Beta that raid quality armoring mods will only drop from the same bosses that drop chestpieces. So explicitly none of the crafted armor or weapons will be as good as drops.

They don't want people to have access to raid level gear stats without killing the bosses. Pretty bogus if you ask me.

Lucioon
12.13.2011 , 01:32 PM | #20
Why would you want Raid Gear for the next tier if you can't even beat the Tier that you are on, do you just want to steam roll through content then call the Dev cheap for creating easy content.

Beat the content, get gear to go to the next content, that is not bogus, its logical thinking.