Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BioChem - Only one's to get Reusable Consumables

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
BioChem - Only one's to get Reusable Consumables

TRONEON
12.13.2011 , 11:20 AM | #1
Is it true that the only players that get to have re usable consumables are the players who have BioChem as crafting? As there are Bind on Pickup and not tradeable?

Anyone know the answer to this?

Pestwulf
12.13.2011 , 11:23 AM | #2
Cybertech gets BOP grenades that are re-usable as well.

Every Craft appears to get BOP items that only they can craft for themselves. I don't know the scale of numbers in the game yet, but I'm assuming they are a cut above everything else possible except perhaps raid gear.

Meaning every craft has something viable that others who don't have that craft won't have access to.

But I believe Cybertech and Biochem are the only ones with consumables that are permanent.

Note: This comes from second hand knowledge on my part, mining data from various sites.

Reineus
12.13.2011 , 11:24 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Pestwulf View Post
Cybertech gets BOP grenades that are re-usable as well.

Every Craft appears to get BOP items that only they can craft for themselves. I don't know the scale of numbers in the game yet, but I'm assuming they are a cut above everything else possible except perhaps raid gear.

Meaning every craft has something viable that others who don't have that craft won't have access to.

But I believe Cybertech and Biochem are the only ones with consumables that are permanent.

Note: This comes from second hand knowledge on my part, mining data from various sites.
yes cybertech can make make blue and purple reusable granades
Armor is the key

Gizban
12.13.2011 , 11:38 AM | #4
I believe they get reusable consumables to help balance Biochem with the other skills which will see a large demand.

Bio: stims, adrenals, medpacks, and implants.

Cyber: droid armor, earpieces (similar to implant), grenades, armoring (armor only mods), mods (armor and/or weapon mods), gadgets like Portable Transport Beacon, and Custom-Built Speederbikes.

Hardsuit
12.13.2011 , 12:01 PM | #5
During beta the re-useable biochem items had a minimum biochem skill requirement in order to use them.

Sarkav
12.13.2011 , 12:08 PM | #6
It also looked like to me that the re-usable stims were not as good as the high end single use (tradable) stims.

So yes, the biochemists are the only ones with the re-usable ones, but they are not the best available.

Methax
12.13.2011 , 12:17 PM | #7
The best adrenal/stim/medpac is Rakata, which is BoP for Biochem. The tradeable one looks to be Exotech which is slightly lower in stats vs Rakata. It would also be silly if the best BoP consumables that Biochems can make weren't reusable.

Rankith
12.13.2011 , 12:28 PM | #8
I seem to recall that there was some purple BoP reusable stuff. But also blue ones labeled "reusable" xxx that were not BoP.

Sarkav
12.13.2011 , 12:30 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Methax View Post
The best adrenal/stim/medpack is Rakata, which is BoP for Biochemists. The tradeable one looks to be Exotech which is slightly lower in stats vs Rakata. It would also be silly if the best BoP consumables that Biochemists can make weren't reusable.
Yeah, you are right in that Rakata is the best and is BOP, but it is NOT reusable. Exotech is the second best and is tradable. The reusable stims are worse than both of those.

Example for Fortitude stims:

Rakata (BOP): +136 Endurance / 56 Defense
Exotech (tradable): +128 /52
Hyper-Battle (tradable): +104 /43
REUSABLE Hyper-Battle: +104/43

It actually doesn't have the reusable stim listed as BOP, but I am sure it is (or has a Biochem skill requirement).

Fact remains though that while the reusables are nice, they are a decent bit below the top stims available. If you use the top stims available, the stat difference between the BOP ones is not very high.

Getting good info about the other crafting classes is difficult, so it is tough to say at this point what is the best for Min/Maxing.

Methax
12.13.2011 , 12:37 PM | #10
Yea, looking at Torhead and Darthhater there is also purple quality non-BoP reusable stims/adrenals/medpacs but their stats are a decent margin lower. Stim's difference looks to be 24 mainstat/ 9 secondary stat lower from the Exotech counterpart which isn't resuable. Adrenals are 85 stat difference between the reusable and exotech. And Medpacs heal is significantly lower and also doesn't have a hot component.