Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Announcing SWMoniTOR! - Peer-to-Peer Live Combat Parsing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Announcing SWMoniTOR! - Peer-to-Peer Live Combat Parsing

Viron
05.12.2012 , 11:31 PM | #31
Hello

When I try to Start this Tool my Antivirusprog gives a securyty Warning. Whats about that?
Im using AVG Anti-Virus.

Gaktar
05.12.2012 , 11:36 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Viron View Post
Hello

When I try to Start this Tool my Antivirusprog gives a securyty Warning. Whats about that?
I assure you it's safe. There's more information on our forums about false positive warnings and the MoniTOR Installation Guide.
SWMoniTOR - Peer-to-Peer Live Combat Parser
Makya ||| Standard Deviations ||| The Shadowlands

Talorra
05.13.2012 , 11:33 PM | #33
Hello,

At one point in our raid tonight, our meters (with 7 out of 8 connected) went from reading a nice DPS number (say, 1575.8) to starting at 0.0 and climbing upwards until the fight was over, like a total damage done reading, but with a modifier. I ended a fight in KP with a reading of "5.7"

All others connected at the time noticed the same issue.
M'arik <Intrepid> 16-player Progression The Harbinger
IntrepidOps.com | Live Stream | Recruitment Thread | @Twitter

TheEvilEeyore
05.14.2012 , 01:27 AM | #34
Can you use the Group name to connect as well as the key? or do you have to use the key?
Prim - 50 Jedi Sage - Krayiss Obelisk

Gaktar
05.14.2012 , 05:21 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Talorra View Post
Hello,

At one point in our raid tonight, our meters (with 7 out of 8 connected) went from reading a nice DPS number (say, 1575.8) to starting at 0.0 and climbing upwards until the fight was over, like a total damage done reading, but with a modifier. I ended a fight in KP with a reading of "5.7"

All others connected at the time noticed the same issue.
I haven't seen anything like that yet in my testing. A few questions to help try to track it down:

- Did you save the parse file after your raid (could be useful to try to reproduce the bug)?
- Did you notice anything else odd about the encounter like the duration or total damage done?
- Could this have been a fight that started right before midnight and glitched at midnight?

I'll start a ticket on this one and we'll see if we can reproduce the symptoms over here with an error in the total damage or duration and then try to figure out how the error occured.

Thanks for the feedback!

Gaktar
05.14.2012 , 05:25 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by TheEvilEeyore View Post
Can you use the Group name to connect as well as the key? or do you have to use the key?
Currently you just have to use the key. In the future, we'll be adding more options for guilds to use their own, less cryptic keys that can remain the same from raid to raid as well.

Talorra
05.14.2012 , 01:10 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Gaktar View Post
I haven't seen anything like that yet in my testing. A few questions to help try to track it down:

- Did you save the parse file after your raid (could be useful to try to reproduce the bug)?
- Did you notice anything else odd about the encounter like the duration or total damage done?
- Could this have been a fight that started right before midnight and glitched at midnight?

I'll start a ticket on this one and we'll see if we can reproduce the symptoms over here with an error in the total damage or duration and then try to figure out how the error occured.

Thanks for the feedback!
I did not save anything in the program. Nothing unusual in the fights either. We did have several members in the raid eho live on the East coast, and they would have ticked over midnight while the rest of us were at 9PM/10PM.

Gaktar
05.14.2012 , 04:19 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Talorra View Post
I did not save anything in the program. Nothing unusual in the fights either. We did have several members in the raid eho live on the East coast, and they would have ticked over midnight while the rest of us were at 9PM/10PM.
We've now got this bug and several disconnecting issues fixed. We'll be doing some testing tonight and release a new build tomorrow.

Talorra
05.14.2012 , 04:24 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Gaktar View Post
We've now got this bug and several disconnecting issues fixed. We'll be doing some testing tonight and release a new build tomorrow.
Excellent, thank you. We'll be going back in to raid tomorrow night and should be able to give more feedback afterward.

DecanAndersen
05.14.2012 , 04:26 PM | #40
Correct me if im wrong, but doesn't this count as a "3rd party software", and a ban reason from bioware?
Just making sure before i throw out 1 year of subscription.
<> The Red Eclipse <>
<> Décan <> LvL 50 <> Jedi Shadow <>
<> Decan <> LvL 50 <> Jedi Sentinel <>
<> Décán <> LvL 50 <> Jedi Guardian <>