Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP 101: How To Become A Contender!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PvP 101: How To Become A Contender!

cub-lover
10.09.2012 , 02:00 PM | #121
how to be a contender

IGNORE THE OBJECTIVES AND PLAY AS IF IT'S A FPS, STANDO N THE GOAL LINES WHILE THE EBC, JUMPS AT YOU, OR BETETR YET, JUMP OFF THE BRIDGE ON THE WAY TO THE NEXT AREA, OR YOU CAN EVEN TRY GOING INTO THE MINE FEILDS THATS ALWAYS FUN!!!

Wainamoinen
10.10.2012 , 05:23 AM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by loedkanexx View Post
Awesome so glad i read this, im new to these kinds of mmos and i love pvp. so when i started doing it i kept getting *****. and we always lose. now i know what to do. how long do you think it would take for a level 35 to get to 50 just by pvping ?
Quite some time, though I don't know how long. All depends on how much you PVP.

One thing: you want to complete chapter 2 of your class quests (about level 40). This means you can cast your class buff on ALL the characters in your legacy (so that eventually, after getting all four buffs, you can make sure you and your team get all the class buffs even if you don't have every class in the warzone, and you have all the buffs all the time).

Have fun!
It's a small world and it smells funny, I'd buy another if it wasn't for the money.
Ilmarinen 55 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

Kickimanjaro
11.02.2012 , 05:25 PM | #123
I am trying to better myself as a PvP Combat Medic, and guides like yours help me greatly. Thank you.

Shubsathoth
11.21.2012 , 04:56 PM | #124
Now see! I didn't know that... No wonder I've been getting killed all the time. I don't have any level 50 characters. I've been playing since before the original release and just now found a class I "really" like. So, maybe by spring I'll have a character that can BEGIN to compete in PVP.
*** No Longer ***<<<Looking for Guild on Krayiss Obelisk Server (Empire).

Best fried tenderloin spinward of Coruscant!

DARKSIDEKEY
11.22.2012 , 10:24 PM | #125
I'm just too sexy not to say anything.

Sindorin
11.27.2012 , 12:52 AM | #126
Quote:
"Zerg forward, do not look back, and do not pity the weak."
Agreed.
< Decepticons >
a Social PvP & Light RP Guild on Ebon Hawk

Qui-Tom
11.29.2012 , 06:38 PM | #127
Well, sorry for the newb request for info, but I feel overwelmed with the knowledge that I have been reading. I have been playing PVE since the beginning (after Beta), and have just started thinking about doing PVP. I have read several threads under PVP and still have some questions:

- Would it be better to start a new toon and get it emersed in PVP from the begining (lvl10+) or bringing in a mid to higher leveled toon?
-- If I start a new toon, do I still need to do PVE, to some extent, with that toon?
--- If a new toon, is there any special gear that I need, or just what I get during the initial planet
-- If I start a mid level toon, should I limit the PVE and focus heavily on PVP

In regards to the Recruit Gear, is this for level 50s that are just starting PVP, or should a lower leveled toon purchase it as soon a level 40 is reached.
Bringing Balance and Harmony to the light and Dark. The lightness and darkness of the Force are my allies. Abilities I have to surpass anything placed before me for the good of creation

af_raptura
11.29.2012 , 06:52 PM | #128
Quote:
- Would it be better to start a new toon and get it emersed in PVP from the begining (lvl10+) or bringing in a mid to higher leveled toon?
You can pvp with any toon, regarless of level. If you are still new to pvp, try the character you are most comfortable with. Of course, lower level toons might have to work a little bit harder because their specs have not yet matured, i.e., you do not yet have your best moves/rotation

Quote:
-- If I start a new toon, do I still need to do PVE, to some extent, with that toon?
I find that it is a bit harder to gear if you do not do PvE. But there are alternatives, like having a higher level alt send that new toon better gear or buying gear from gtn or PvP vendors.

Quote:
--- If a new toon, is there any special gear that I need, or just what I get during the initial planet
Usually what you get off a planet is good enough to give you a fighting chance (just don't be rambo, fight along other players, there is strength in numbers). Again, you could always send some gear through alts.

Quote:
-- If I start a mid level toon, should I limit the PVE and focus heavily on PVP
Only if you have more fun that way and if you want to bank (save) pvp commendations and valor.

Quote:
In regards to the Recruit Gear, is this for level 50s that are just starting PVP, or should a lower leveled toon purchase it as soon a level 40 is reached.
Recruit gear can only be purchased by a level 50 character.
PvE theorycrafting has really loosened their standards.
Quote: Originally Posted by karlwaite View Post
As for the skill changes to benefit pvp likes of the fly by damage reduction they suffered and reducing focused defence by 200% is a joke they are affecting pve to benefit pvp.

Qui-Tom
11.29.2012 , 06:55 PM | #129
Thanks for the info
Bringing Balance and Harmony to the light and Dark. The lightness and darkness of the Force are my allies. Abilities I have to surpass anything placed before me for the good of creation

af_raptura
11.29.2012 , 06:57 PM | #130
your welcome.
PvE theorycrafting has really loosened their standards.
Quote: Originally Posted by karlwaite View Post
As for the skill changes to benefit pvp likes of the fly by damage reduction they suffered and reducing focused defence by 200% is a joke they are affecting pve to benefit pvp.