Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Benefits of +crit on gathering skills

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Benefits of +crit on gathering skills

Khevar
05.10.2012 , 10:19 AM | #1
such as Scavenging or Archaeology.

I'm assuming a crit on gathering returns more materials? Is there any other benefit?

Dartanel
05.10.2012 , 11:05 AM | #2
That's it, but note that this only applies to gathering missions, not gathering nodes in the field.

Drewhat
05.10.2012 , 11:38 AM | #3
Check out my discussion here I think that I've sort of proven that there is a hierarchy of cheapness/efficiency.

Top Bonus: +5% crit will probably get you the cheapest goods over any period of time.
Runner up: +15% efficiency will get you the MOST (~20% more than +5% crit) goods over time for probably 5-8% more credits per material than +5% crit.

The next best bonuses probably are:
3rd place) +10% efficiency
4th place) +2% crit
5th place) +5% efficiency
6th place) +1% crit.

Khevar
05.10.2012 , 05:32 PM | #4
Thanks, this is very helpful.

I read that orange difficulty missions have a 10% base chance to crit and yellow and below have 15%. In anyone's experience, does green/gray impact anything as compared to yellow?

In other words, as a low level crafter, a yellow mission returns on average x mats. Returning to that same mission as a high level crafter (mission is now grey instead of yellow), does that chance of fail / crit / qty of results change at all?

My experience tells me no, but someone posted on another thread that rerunning a grey mission will return more mats on average than when it was run as a yellow.

GnatB
05.10.2012 , 06:48 PM | #5
I believe I read on a website that parsed the game files that as you go down the colors (orange->yellow->green->grey) you have a lower chance of failure on missions. (and it's also sort of common sense) the website however gave the exact failure chances.

So, you'd fail less which would result in more mats on average.