Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Blue + Epic Scatterguns?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Blue + Epic Scatterguns?

appleartem
12.20.2011 , 12:04 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Tristam_Ward View Post
Its working as intended. They expect you RE alot of greens to get the blue schematics. There is some randomness to it so sometimes it may only take you 20 RE's to get the blue schematic but sometimes it may take you 50.
Do u have this prophesy (Armstech)? If u don't know how its going, please don't flame in this threat in future! Its bagged!
KAJIDIC
THE EMPIRE’S SECRET WEAPON
WEBSITE l VIDEO l PODCAST
"PvP Is Our Business"

AuspexAO
12.20.2011 , 02:02 AM | #22
"Its working as intended."

No more of this unless you have proof (i.e. a schematic in your armstech screen)

I have also crafted and RE'd roughly 50 vibroknives and haven't had any blue plans develop. I'm guessing that it's either a bug, or vibroknives and scatterguns aren't counted as REAL weapons. If that's the case, I'm re-rolling my Operative to a class that gets upgradeable gear.

DarthDegwerks
12.20.2011 , 07:09 AM | #23
I also have done 147 vibroknives of varying levels of skill and item level. Not one was RE'd into a prototype blue version. I did get some crits that opened up an Augment slot.

IF you go look at an Armstech Trainer to see what you learn up to level 50 you will see a ORANGE Custom item of every type of weapon BUT your offhand Vibroknives.
This leads me to believe we can't get a purple or better version of a Vibroknife. There a Blue Schems you can learn though.

Does anyone know if you can Reverse Engineer past a purple item of anything?
Can you Rerverse Engineer Orange items and get a superior version of those?

Do you feel like a Orange item with superior item mods are better than a purple item of the same level?

Saberj
12.20.2011 , 07:36 AM | #24
You know, this sort of brings up a problem I have with the RE mechanic in general. There should be some sort of clue when you can discover new schematics from items. As it stands, you are just breaking down items just to break them down. If the items would simply indicate that better items of a certain class were still undiscovered when you have that skill, it would be a huge help.

Jeido
12.20.2011 , 10:29 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDegwerks View Post

IF you go look at an Armstech Trainer to see what you learn up to level 50 you will see a ORANGE Custom item of every type of weapon BUT your offhand Vibroknives.
This leads me to believe we can't get a purple or better version of a Vibroknife. There a Blue Schems you can learn though.
But you see, that wouldn't make any sense. There are also no Scattergun's on the normal PVP weapon vendor, but there are a few on the lvl 50 pvp ranked armor (Champion, etc). Why would there be Scattergun's at 50, but not 1-49?

I seriously doubt that the lack of craftable blue/epic Scatterguns/Vibroknives, and the lack of the items on lower level merchants, is intentional. All through the year there have been polls of which classes would be played at launch, and the lowest percentages were smuggler/IA. It must have just been overlooked -- but of course some confirmation would go a long way...

navlasop
12.20.2011 , 12:48 PM | #26
Gotta be a bug - i reversed engineered a couple of vibro's with my IA in general testing, never got any blues - but stupid me, i just thought it was bad luck, so didn't bother reporting it.

Now with my BH i'm making vibros for Mako and still seeing the same issue - no blues. Will file a bug report when/if i finally beat the queue
--------------------------
Just fragging Google it!

AuspexAO
12.20.2011 , 11:53 PM | #27
Bumping for response...

Jyriki
12.21.2011 , 03:27 PM | #28
I have RE'd close to 100 Vibroknifes of various levels and have never discovered a recipe. I finally figured this must be a bug and started looking for answers. It appears this is either a bug or by design (since they're "special" weapons).

As an IA/Operative I cannot describe how much this would suck if it is by design. An Operative's blaster is not their primary weapon.

Here's hoping this gets some attention from the Devs and confirmed as a known bug rather than a design feature. Otherwise I guess it'll be time to start an alt as the Operative/Armstech combo will be a lot less appealing to play for me.
Jyriki/Jestyr of The Drakes

FerventPiranha
12.21.2011 , 09:23 PM | #29
I'm another Op/Arms, though I've just started along that path. I'll keep an eye on this thread and add any info (or luck with crafting!) if I get any. Let's not let this die, we need better stabbitystabs!

RageFrost
12.21.2011 , 09:52 PM | #30
vibroknives crafted about 100+ now no blue yet why give us the option to RE these and scatter guns if we dont get blues or purples out of them???

Bad business.