Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Blue + Epic Scatterguns?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Blue + Epic Scatterguns?

Jaxylir
12.18.2011 , 10:34 PM | #11
It would be nice to see a response from a Dev. This is an issue. I've talked with other Armstechs and we still haven't seen one RE to a Blue Schematic. I just went through 240 Deshs trying to make the simplest Scattergun. My current Armstech skill is 251. I sent all my current companions out making Combat Shotguns.

Not a single RE to a blue. This is obviously broke. Which is a shame. I am a Scoundrel/Scrapper and would really like to use my OWN Scattergun. I see Armortechs showing off their new purple gear. I see Cybertechs showing off their purple wears. I see Bio Chemists showing my their new flasks.

ME? I get to show them the new purple barrel that I get to attach to my newly QUESTED FOR blaster. Please help us. Something is obviously wrong here.

I really hope this gets to someone that cares. Enjoying the game, just wished my profession worked. Thanks.
Smuggler, In service to the Galactic Republic
Loyal member of THE GUARDIANS
LIBERTAS ARA AMPLUS

Toraxa
12.19.2011 , 12:38 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeido View Post
EDIT: Never mind -- this isn't what I was looking for. A combat enforcer is not a Scattergun, it's a Blaster Rifle. So the question still remains -- has anyone learned a blue schematic for Scattergun's via RE?
Weird, you're right, it is. I must have been reading something else as a scattergun when I decided to try it. I'll give it some more tries on the lower scatterguns I have. Have hundreds of mats left so one should come up, if it's possible.

Sorry for the mistake there.

Toraxa
12.19.2011 , 01:34 AM | #13
EDIT: Never mind -- this isn't what I was looking for. A combat enforcer is not a Scattergun, it's a Blaster Rifle. So the question still remains -- has anyone learned a blue schematic for Scattergun's via RE?
Weird, you're right, it is. I must have been reading something else as a scattergun when I decided to try it. I'll give it some more tries on the lower scatterguns I have. Have hundreds of mats left so one should come up, if it's possible.

Sorry for the mistake there.

appleartem
12.19.2011 , 02:01 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaxylir View Post
It would be nice to see a response from a Dev. This is an issue. I've talked with other Armstechs and we still haven't seen one RE to a Blue Schematic. I just went through 240 Deshs trying to make the simplest Scattergun. My current Armstech skill is 251. I sent all my current companions out making Combat Shotguns.

Not a single RE to a blue. This is obviously broke. Which is a shame. I am a Scoundrel/Scrapper and would really like to use my OWN Scattergun. I see Armortechs showing off their new purple gear. I see Cybertechs showing off their purple wears. I see Bio Chemists showing my their new flasks.

ME? I get to show them the new purple barrel that I get to attach to my newly QUESTED FOR blaster. Please help us. Something is obviously wrong here.

I really hope this gets to someone that cares. Enjoying the game, just wished my profession worked. Thanks.
True for 100%

At first, sorry for my bad English!
Yeah, this prophesy going me crazy, coz i tired to try get BLUE items after RE.
I spend by RE 40-50+ GREEN Vibroknives and do not receive no one new BLUE recipe of Vibroknive!!!
I had 250+ skill and try same on other level items (Vibroknives or Rifles)
So, i don't have any new BLUE Vibroknives and Rifles recipes!
It's worked with Barrels but not so properly. For example i trying to get two new BLUE Barrels (level 7-12) recipes and usually i receive BLUE after 4-5 RE, but some time i going crazy coz my attempts to get BLUE Barrel 7 (AIM) taking more than 20+ RE and in same time BLUE Barrel 7 (CUNNING) i get after 4-5 RE.
I think its not properly working prophesy!
Dear support please resolve this problem for justice!
A lot of time, money and resources lost for nothing... (crying, sad)

P.S.
More Up this threat! Please!
KAJIDIC
THE EMPIRE’S SECRET WEAPON
WEBSITE l VIDEO l PODCAST
"PvP Is Our Business"

corgashan
12.19.2011 , 02:01 AM | #15
I've been having the same issue with Vibroknives.

It's interesting, because both are the weapons that refer to them only being used with special skills. Perhaps they can't be upgraded then?

Seems odd that they were left out, but I've also gone through a pile of Desh without ever seeing a blue knife.

Jeido
12.19.2011 , 07:13 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by corgashan View Post
I've been having the same issue with Vibroknives.

It's interesting, because both are the weapons that refer to them only being used with special skills. Perhaps they can't be upgraded then?

Seems odd that they were left out, but I've also gone through a pile of Desh without ever seeing a blue knife.
That doesn't make sense though; why would they make every other schematic have advanced tiers, but not shotguns/vibros? Seems kind of cheap -- I'm still placing my bets on a bug, and lack of testing. There weren't many IA's/Smugglers in beta; and even less IA's/Smugglers that went armstech.

appleartem
12.19.2011 , 09:24 AM | #17
That doesn't make sense though; why would they make every other schematic have advanced tiers, but not shotguns/vibros? Seems kind of cheap -- I'm still placing my bets on a bug, and lack of testing. There weren't many IA's/Smugglers in beta; and even less IA's/Smugglers that went armstech.
"I'm still placing my bets on a bug!"

No comments!

Up!
KAJIDIC
THE EMPIRE’S SECRET WEAPON
WEBSITE l VIDEO l PODCAST
"PvP Is Our Business"

Jeido
12.19.2011 , 12:46 PM | #18
I put in a bug report, and less than 2 hours later got a response. Unfortunately the response was generic, just saying that it would be forwarded to the correct department. Here's hoping for a quick resolution. (patch tonight, anyone?)

Tristam_Ward
12.19.2011 , 01:00 PM | #19
Its working as intended. They expect you RE alot of greens to get the blue schematics. There is some randomness to it so sometimes it may only take you 20 RE's to get the blue schematic but sometimes it may take you 50.

Jeido
12.19.2011 , 01:19 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Tristam_Ward View Post
Its working as intended. They expect you RE alot of greens to get the blue schematics. There is some randomness to it so sometimes it may only take you 20 RE's to get the blue schematic but sometimes it may take you 50.
I appreciate your thoughts, but have you actually learned a blue schematic for a scattergun via RE? Because nobody posting here has, despite going through stacks of materials.