Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

GCW + Real Space Sim

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
GCW + Real Space Sim

delano
05.08.2012 , 11:35 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Mossesman View Post
This. I also remember the forums back in 2008, and there werent that many SWG threads around.
Yes becaues you were not part of the developers forums they had BEFORE the official announcement.

Just ask anyone who has been following this since then....they started developing it JUST as SWG announced the first of 2 huge mistakes for SOE.....the CU and the NGE.

Why would I make something like this up?

Pistols
05.08.2012 , 11:36 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by delano View Post
You can go verify this if you took 10 seconds....

In 2008 Bioware announced the game officially with an official website, an official "expected" date of release, an officially

"A major focus in the game is on developing characters' individual stories[16] and, in October 2008, BioWare considered this game to have more story content than all of their other games combined.[17] The writing team worked on the project longer than any of the game's other development teams.[30] An October 2008 preview noted some of the 12 full-time writers had been working on The Old Republic for more than two years at that point.[17]"

Now tell me how they could have had a huge game already developed on the day they announced it......what's wrong, you can't face the fact that your precious game is a shadow of what they promised?
lolwut?

Caelrie
05.08.2012 , 11:36 AM | #23
I know, THAT's the problem! LOL

If anybody remembers back in 2005-2006'ish, this game was supposed to be SWG Pre CU.
The devs have always said the exact opposite.

delano
05.08.2012 , 11:38 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Mossesman View Post
Even though i played for 6 months of pre-CU...thats plenty of time to get an opinion of the PvP, and it wasn't that great. I agree with you with the fact that there was alot of variety with classes and what they could do, having different roles was an excellent addition to the game, but thats for another thread.

Besides, apart from player made pvp events, what other kind of PvP was there to do? PvP events in SWG wasnt exactly special anyway...any MMO (even one with mediocre PvP such as Lotro), has the potential to have decent player made PvP events if done right.
You must not have leveled up enough in your 6 months to experience the huge battles that were had in player cities.

You had to gain ground and attack bases, and then grind for faction to build and buy more parts and mats to keep it up. The more bases you had the more guild buffs you got.

There's SO much more to it, a lot to get into here, but everyone loved it, and that's why nobody will ever stop talking about SWG PRE NGE and the disaster that SOE made of the game.

delano
05.08.2012 , 11:40 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Caelrie View Post
The devs have always said the exact opposite.
Not back in 2005 they didn't. Before they found out how much this whole thing would cost, and they couldn't do it without the backing of a huge corporation.....so they sold out and we get a WoW clone....it's really not that new of a concept either, it's happened before.

delano
05.08.2012 , 11:42 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post
lolwut?
What part didn't you understand? There were forums (not an official website, as I stated before) that were opened up to get feedback from actual players.

That was 2005.....the same time SWG nerfed their game.

Read the quote I put up from Wikipedia.....they had almost 2 years of development before their "official" announcement.

I can't make it anymore clear.

Darthshnooky
05.08.2012 , 11:43 AM | #27
Yes becaues you were not part of the developers forums they had BEFORE the official announcement.

Just ask anyone who has been following this since then....they started developing it JUST as SWG announced the first of 2 huge mistakes for SOE.....the CU and the NGE.

Why would I make something like this up?
BioWare officially denied involvement in making a new Star Wars MMO until that October announcement. They said they were working on an MMO in Austin, but wouldn't say anything beyond that. Stop making things up. If you are talking about the old official BW forums, they weren't talking about this game at that time; they weren't saying anything about their secret MMO. If you're talking about the old SWG forums, they have NOTHING to do with these ones.

Pistols
05.08.2012 , 11:44 AM | #28
You must not have leveled up enough in your 6 months to experience the huge battles that were had in player cities.

You had to gain ground and attack bases, and then grind for faction to build and buy more parts and mats to keep it up. The more bases you had the more guild buffs you got.

There's SO much more to it, a lot to get into here, but everyone loved it, and that's why nobody will ever stop talking about SWG PRE NGE and the disaster that SOE made of the game.
The only great thing peeps loved about Pre-CU was the massive community/player cities/32 profs/crafting. Sure, PvP was abundant, but it was also broken with DoT weapons galore, and lacked any content worth mentioning/doing. CU balanced the combat out to some degree, but by then, WoW was new and the game was bleeding subs. The initial NGE was indeed terribad, but post NGE was probably the best platform of PvP the game had, sadly you didn't get a chance to experience it.

Pistols
05.08.2012 , 11:45 AM | #29
What part didn't you understand? There were forums (not an official website, as I stated before) that were opened up to get feedback from actual players.

That was 2005.....the same time SWG nerfed their game.

Read the quote I put up from Wikipedia.....they had almost 2 years of development before their "official" announcement.

I can't make it anymore clear.
I shall check it out then...

delano
05.08.2012 , 11:46 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Darthshnooky View Post
BioWare officially denied involvement in making a new Star Wars MMO until that October announcement. They said they were working on an MMO in Austin, but wouldn't say anything beyond that. Stop making things up. If you are talking about the old official BW forums, they weren't talking about this game at that time; they weren't saying anything about their secret MMO. If you're talking about the old SWG forums, they have NOTHING to do with these ones.
LOL why is anything that you have never heard of "making it up"?

Because you know everything?

They were in development for almost TWO YEARS before the official announcement....I quoted a part from Wikipedia that I found.....they had forums (NOT an official website) that were open to discuss the development of the game between the concept designers and the small team of 12 devs they had.

I don't even know what BW is, and no this was not a SWG forum.

Just because you cover your ears and yell "NO NO NO" doesn't mean it isn't true.

Again, why would anyone make something like this up? You think I have some agenda ? lol