Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

GCW + Real Space Sim

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
GCW + Real Space Sim

delano
05.08.2012 , 06:53 AM | #1
This is not a QQ rage-quit post....just a plain, simple fact that I KNOW many others share. Add these 2 things to the game or lots of people walk. The game is extreme easy-mode theme park which is supposed to appeal to the masses....both kids and hardcore players alike. Got news for you...it doesn't appeal to the hardcore.

Here's another fact....the hardcore gamers are how you make money. over time Any MMO where you can reach end-game in a few short weeks is destined to have high attrition. This is not a formula for long term success.

IMO the following 2 things, as stated in the title, should be priority number one. Not new titles, or colored gear, or anything else that has a 5 second "Ooooh ahhh" appeal, and then transforms into "we want more content!"

1. Get a GCW because PvP is a snoozefest. Limited, linear, controlled PvP like WZ's are only fun for a small period of time.

If you want a model to follow, look no farther than SWG. You don't have to copy it exactly but it serves as a great start.

2. Make space a viable part of the game, not an arcade-style way to pass some time. Smugglers should be able to smuggle and there should be PvP. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride is a rail system too, that I absolutely loved....when I was 8....so please take us off the rail, add PvP, and make space part of the game, not a filler.

Thanks for reading!

VoidJustice
05.08.2012 , 06:57 AM | #2
/signed

less rails, more things to do...
more things to do that involve pvp would be best.

Bounty Missions
OWPVEPVP
Crafting with a purpose (need best goods to degrade over time/with resources in pvp areas)
I love the style and combat in this game, but it's lacking in the "things to do" department bigtime.
Understanding is the true weapon of a Jedi and willpower is the iron clad arm that wields it.

robotkar
05.08.2012 , 06:57 AM | #3
GCW? this is not SWG
Marsellus Wallace <HUN>
I want my rancors back
SWTOR Open PvP Concept - Faction Base System, Please /SIGN

VoidJustice
05.08.2012 , 07:02 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by robotkar View Post
GCW? this is not SWG
Sadly there is nothing like SWG anymore.
Understanding is the true weapon of a Jedi and willpower is the iron clad arm that wields it.

delano
05.08.2012 , 07:24 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by robotkar View Post
GCW? this is not SWG
I know, THAT's the problem! LOL

If anybody remembers back in 2005-2006'ish, this game was supposed to be SWG Pre CU.

All that was talked about in the threads were how we were going to unlock jedi, would it be more or less of a grind than SWG...how can we make the GCW better...how can we make space better....

I don't know what happened between then and now, but it appears they said "Okay let's scrap everything and just make a new improved version of SWG AFTER the nerf....../facepalm

Twin
05.08.2012 , 07:48 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by delano View Post

If anybody remembers back in 2005-2006'ish, this game was supposed to be SWG Pre CU.

All that was talked about in the threads were how we were going to unlock jedi, would it be more or less of a grind than SWG...how can we make the GCW better...how can we make space better....

I don't know what happened between then and now, but it appears they said "Okay let's scrap everything and just make a new improved version of SWG AFTER the nerf....../facepalm
This game has nothing simular to SWG, pre or post the CU/NGE. To me it looks more like a failed try to make a new and improved version of WoW.

I allways knew they wouldn't focus on sandbox gameplay in SWTOR...i wasn't expecting them to deny every possible slight hint of sandbox from development though...which is why this game is failing to deliver for me.
TWINMOON
"Click my -Referral Link- below for some helpful rewards
http://www.swtor.com/r/kBLBlJ
Reward Info: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

prodigyqnz
05.08.2012 , 08:28 AM | #7
/Signed..

Something needs to be done somewhere.. There is just too little to do besides stand in the fleet waiting for queue.
In anticipation of this game I too was wondering "How can they top SWG..?" it was so great with all it had to offer. Even though the population of SWG died down.. It would still be going right now if SWTOR had never come out. LucasArts who will always own everything with a Star Wars brand on it did not want two mmo's competing so they shut SWG down. Although SWTOR is amazing in its own way.. if it had the things that SWG had on top of what it is, it would be unmatched.. This is what i thought I was getting.. in my opinion its not too late. Its still early BW. Get to work plz before it does in fact become too late.

P.S.
And on the other POST. This may not be SWG and no actual Galactic Civil War (GCW) going but there is most definitely a war with opposing factions.. The Republic and the Sith Empire.
If no mistake have you made, yet losing you are.. a different game you should play... --Yoda
Prophecy | Pröphet | Profit | Professìonal etc... 20x55's and bored...
(used to be)The Fatman

VoidJustice
05.08.2012 , 08:35 AM | #8
vs SWG... The game engine is better. The combat is better. The stories are way better...

however after you get to level 50... the game abruptly ends with no real endgame. The Pvp in Wz is fun, but
the Wz are really kind of smallish and do not retain the same fun factor as say.. AV or even Warsong gulch...

Mossesman
05.08.2012 , 08:43 AM | #9
PvP in SWG was absolutley terrible imo
Eathos - Commando | Norzrik - Guardian
Kezron - Scoundrel | Ashinelle - Shadow

Darthshnooky
05.08.2012 , 09:04 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by delano View Post

I signed up on these forums on day one, check my join date and join number. There were no threads about this game in 2005-6, since there were no official forums. Anything you read on SWG forums or elsewhere were random people making up ideas they'd like to see. This game was NEVER meant to be like SWG. It's set in a completely different timeline, designed entirely differently, and was meant to be its own game, not SWG 2.0 or whatever.

If this isn't the game you want, i can understand that. But don't try to turn it into something it's not -- that's what happened to SWG with the CU/NGE. More meaningful open world pvp combat would be great, most of us agree on that. But no need to start with SWG comparisons because they don't get you anywhere. Space in this game is very controversial. A lot of people really enjoy it -- others want something with more meat on it. They've hinted at the idea that they're working on something new for space, but they're staying quiet about it right now.