Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A bit frustrated as a PvE'er

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
A bit frustrated as a PvE'er

dragonfor
05.07.2012 , 11:11 PM | #1
Sorry, but I have to vent.

There's alot I love about this game. But crafting? Not at all. (Alright, sending out my companions for stuff is pretty awesome, but still.)
I have Biochem, and have been trying to RE these implants to learn the schematics to learn the recipe for it. So far I'm out 3 implants with nothing to show for it. I'm sure alot of you will say to stop RE'ing until I get my first two, but unfortunately I have this thing where I need to get the most out of my gear, so I'm going to be crafting them until I can crit two. Crafting until I crit I'm fine with, but the 20% chance to learn the schematic is damn frustrating.

Second part that annoys me, is the lack of learnable orange boots and gloves. The only way to get augmentable boots and gloves is to either PvP up to valor rank 60, or raid, hope I have a Synthweaver in the group that can RE a piece that nobody else needs (won't happen for awhile since drops aren't limited to class anymore) and pray that they somehow learn it, then wait until they crit craft it. So, damn, frustrating.

/end rant

venomlash
05.08.2012 , 02:41 AM | #2
Agreed. I'm a PvEer and I think the disparity between PvE and PvP schematics is pretty unfair.
Luckily, the Devs tell us (in the most recent Q&A, I believe) that 1.3 will include widely-available craftable orange schematics for all armor slots.
Quote: Originally Posted by MichelleArcher View Post
Hey there, all! This thread has passed the dreaded 1,000 post limit, and is now in fire. Thanks for the fun, but we feel this discussion as run its course. We will not be restarting this thread.
Jarrant Gartin, Gunnery Commando, Spark of Hope, Begeren Colony

rickihn
05.08.2012 , 03:40 AM | #3
Yes the complete lack of orange craftable boots and gloves for non pvp'ers is totally ****. Seriously people who dont like pvp feel forced to do so, just in order to get best gear for pve.

Also, the difference in quality of the crafted orange items for republic side compared to imperial side is just awful. Take synthweaving. A republic synthweaver can craft a total of 2-3 orange items that arent completely ugly. On the imperial side almost ALL the stuff looks awsome. And its not just the looks, its also the quality of the work put into the items. Some of the republic items looks like they have textures made in 1998... Here have a look for yourself: Synthweaving Craftable (Imperial and Republic) Orange Armor Sets Master List

Lastly, what on earth was BW thinking when they announced that setbonuses in the future were now going to be bound to armoring, yet they didnt change the present ranks of gears to do the same... Im finding myself forced to only use one damn ugly augmented orange item, and 4 rakata items which in which i install the mod, armoring and enhancements from the black hole gear.

Basically when BW tried to allow us to all look more unique, they instead limited our choices. Before the patch you could atleast wear 1 orange of your own choice, with the use of the rakata armorings from HM ops(having 4/5 rakata/columi/... to keep setbonus). Now we are limited to use only the awful craftable orange items.
Convergence Guild Info Join Today International SWTOR Guild