Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is there any way at all to boost artifice crit rate?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Is there any way at all to boost artifice crit rate?

Drooge
05.07.2012 , 02:29 PM | #1
So, on reppublic at least - I don't see a companion available with +crit to artifice - is that correct?

The legacy sensor from the 1,000,000 credit repair droid is +10 artifice efficiency (reduce craft time) an + 2 crit to TH.

Anyone know why we don't get +crit option like everyone else?

I hope that I'm wrong and someone flames me with the way to get +crit to artifice

TeaJayy
05.07.2012 , 02:40 PM | #2
I read in a Q&A that if you max a companions affection it adds an additional 5% to their crit chances on crew skills. I think the bonus thing from the repair droid effects it also, but I could be wrong. If I were you I'd try to max affection with the droid(With the artifice bonus piece.) I don't think you can get your chances any higher than that.

KorinHyvek
05.07.2012 , 02:41 PM | #3
Nope, there's no way. Khem, Qyzen, and the ship droid are the only people with any sort of boost at all, and all 3 are +efficiency.

A rumored companion coming in the future may have a +2 Artifice crit (available to all players), but until we get some actual information on whether or not Bioware still intends to add him to the game or not, I wouldn't hold your breath.
The Ferrin Legacy, Ebon Hawk
Major Volner Ferrin // Darth Hessar

TheLake
05.07.2012 , 02:53 PM | #4
There is a droid companion with +2 artifice and +2 cybertech. Those are the two only crew skills without a crit bonus. I think the droid was in the beta, but was later removed (can't confirm tho).

Spoiler contains some more info on the droid: Read at own risk
Spoiler