Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I think I might be leaving, guys.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
I think I might be leaving, guys.

Cynomen
05.06.2012 , 10:10 PM | #21
I have learned to pick and choose what to read and then what to respond to. This has helped me stay interested in visiting the forums. No game forums will ever be cleared of the "other" posts but given that these don't have specific server forums, we see EVERYONES business.

Be a little more picky about which thread you get into and even then, if you find it is not to your liking, hop out and look onwards.

There are some good people out there, even ones who have complained. We just need to figure out when and where we want to inject ourselves to provide our own knowledge and opinion.
To the world you might be just one person, but to one person you might be the world. \m/
Names: Cyyn, Ouija Guild: Obscurum Cado Server: Tarro Blood
Names: Cyyn, Ouijja Guild: AST Server: Port Nowhere

Cerion
05.07.2012 , 12:28 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Brosephiine View Post
Been around since the game was released pretty much. Been posting on and off on the forums since I got the game and I'm sadly disappointed. Perhaps I'm not finding those golden kernel threads where there's a good community and all that, but the forums are just filled to bursting with people doing almost nothing but complaining. And any time you say anything in disagreement, you're a "fanboi" who doesn't know anything about game development (even though I majored in game design at some point in the past.)

Honestly, the community (or lack there of) has made the forums nothing but a headache. :<

Someone please convince me that there's hope, I wanna see an actual community! And so far it's just been the facts about girls thread that's had any luck in that department. :<

(D+ for complaining about complaining? )
(F for grammar fail in the thread title.)
OP many I suggest leaving the General Forums, and visit some of the other subforums? I find they are much more enjoyable.

The only reason I stick around General is because SOMEBODY has to puncture the echo chamber of negativity, and my skin is pretty thick after years of dealing with game forum trolls.
Good will always triumph because Evil is lazy.

Sibonk
05.07.2012 , 12:56 AM | #23
Hello there!

As you may have noticed, we have removed a significant number of posts from this thread, and we would like to remind everyone of the rules of conduct in the forums.
  • No insults, name calling, or personal attacks
  • Please stay on topic.
  • Please express your opinion and thoughts in a constructive, respectful manner.
  • If someone violates the Rules of Conduct, please flag it instead of replying to it.
  • Keep in mind that everyone has different viewpoints. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they're trolling. If you believe someone is trolling, please use the Flag function to report their post.
That being said, we ask that you please keep your posts civil, on topic and respectful otherwise we will have to close this thread.

Thanks!

Brosephiine
05.07.2012 , 01:37 AM | #24
Wow, these guys are on it. o.o
[deviantART]
A system run by the ergophobic
is destined for failure.

Darth-Malice
05.07.2012 , 01:44 AM | #25
If you think the community is bad and pin it on the reason your leaving, why would you even bother posting to the community in the first place?
||||||||███████████████████████████████)

Brosephiine
05.07.2012 , 01:46 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Malice View Post
If you think the community is bad and pin it on the reason your leaving, why would you even bother posting to the community in the first place?
I'm not sure you read my first post entirely. Or at least to the point where I said, "Please convince me to stay."

It was sort of a last ditch effort to see if I'm the only one noticing this or if I'm missing something.
[deviantART]
A system run by the ergophobic
is destined for failure.

Myshkyn
05.07.2012 , 04:04 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Brosephiine View Post
Been around since the game was released pretty much. Been posting on and off on the forums since I got the game and I'm sadly disappointed. Perhaps I'm not finding those golden kernel threads where there's a good community and all that, but the forums are just filled to bursting with people doing almost nothing but complaining. And any time you say anything in disagreement, you're a "fanboi" who doesn't know anything about game development (even though I majored in game design at some point in the past.)

Honestly, the community (or lack there of) has made the forums nothing but a headache. :<

Someone please convince me that there's hope, I wanna see an actual community! And so far it's just been the facts about girls thread that's had any luck in that department. :<

(D+ for complaining about complaining? )
(F for grammar fail in the thread title.)
You are right...theres forums and threads where people are having some interesting discussions, but you really do have to look for them. Most of the time, threads that have promise tend to get drowned out by people who have nothing going for them but nerd rage...and anything said to contradict them is drowned out with "I am right because LOUD!". Its a little disheartening.

One of the other posters here actually mentioned something that could work out fairly well. They spoke about a private facebook page that they belong to. Granted, its not the same as being on here, and the community would be a little 'cozy', but you wouldn't have to deal with people screaming about how SWTOR won't work on their 15 year old Pentium II computer, and thus, the game is...well...this is polite company, so ill just let that one go.
"I am the embodiment of death and suffering."
"You're in tech support, too?"

BlueFromMoon
05.07.2012 , 05:08 AM | #28
Im feeling almost exactly the same way, I just hope Elder Scroll Online becomes my new home for years, this was so huge letdown.

limenutpen
05.07.2012 , 05:36 AM | #29
Yes some posts on this forum are depressing, and will make you hate the game.

Some complains are justified, but threatening to leave for everything is ridiculous.
Love the game in my books, I give it one year chance.
If Bioware can keep the over one million subs it will look awesome in the future....

1.3 will bring some good stuff around and hopefully fix low pop server issues!
Nutpen: Sage, Lim'suno: Scoundrel, Lei'Suno: Commando
Los'suno: Assasin, Diopen: Juggernaut

Sauska
05.07.2012 , 06:01 AM | #30
Realm forums would help greatly. I made some solid friends (and enemies of course) on the SWG and WoW realm forums. But yeah, over here, the only forum I mildly enjoy reading is the Story and Lore forum.
The Borealis Legacy