Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

I think I might be leaving, guys.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
I think I might be leaving, guys.

Brosephiine's Avatar


Brosephiine
05.06.2012 , 02:43 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyNightArrow View Post
I don't blame you one bit. I enjoy the game, but the forums are a different matter. I attempted to start some positive threads, but they didn't really go anywhere, save for a few posts. I suppose that was partly my fault for not responding to some of the posts.

The reason I come to the forums is to see if there are any interesting topics posted. While there are some gems, they are few and far between. I suppose I could try another thread, but I'm a bit burned out from the forums right now. Maybe I'll try again in a few months.
Yeah, I think I might haunt a little bit now and then, but mostly I'll just stick to the game. I was hoping to find some good people to play with in game through the forums because I'm a social person and I enjoy making new friends. But mostly people make me want to avoid the forums. :< I can't even go in General Discussion now at all, it's just a mass of unrest.

Quote:
There are a few people I have noticed that do have a good head on their shoulders and can post their points with level reasoning, to which I personally am thankful for. It's good to see reason in a sea of chaos.

I will say this one last time: I enjoy this game. I think BioWare is doing a good job. Yes, there are a few bugs in the game, just as there were at launch. But, I challenge anyone to name a published product that was 'flawless' when it was released.
Ahh, I cherish those people when I see them. xD I believe that's part of why I said you're one of my favorite people on these forums. You never have a flat out negative thing to say. :]

Most people think they know how a game is made/should work, but really have no clue. xD

Quote:
I think part of the problem is people these days expect...no demand perfection right from the start. And, when something isn't perfect, they call "FAIL! Fix it! NOW! Not on your time! My time!" Yes, this game has been in production for a few years, but if anyone has ever written a book, produced a movie or piece of art, recorded and/or composed music, or have been part of a game project they know these things take time. Yes, some things can be in production for a long time before it is released, and even then the product still isn't 'perfect'. There's bugs, a miss pronounced word, a typo, or a bad note that was hit. But, mistakes can be fixed in later editions, patches, re-releases, etc. In a lot of cases even the fixes need time to be tested to make sure they aren't going to screw things up. And, even with all of the testing and caution, something still screws up. Nothing is ever perfect; nothing will ever be perfect. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
The number of times I've had people say, "I like her hair, but can you make it a little longer? Oh, and you forgot socks. And she needs to have a trombone. Don't ask me why, she just does. Oh, and maybe pose her with her hand on her hip while swinging a microphone? Yes I know I want her with a trombone too, but can't you do those as well?"

Quote:
My logic is flawless, because...because I'm wearing a duck on my head. No one can argue with the duck. The duck is all powerful. So there.

Yep, it's late.
Ducks are serious business.
[deviantART]
A system run by the ergophobic
is destined for failure.

Brosephiine's Avatar


Brosephiine
05.06.2012 , 02:45 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by spectreclees View Post
Bold for your mistakes. One you browse the forums hoping to find people who are not complaining. Every game has this problem. No game is perfect and everyone has a problem with it. Stop letting others determine how you play the game and if you like or don't like it.
Pshh, I play the game how I want and I LOVE it. No one's gonna take that away from me.

But I was hoping the forums would have more of a community than they do.
[deviantART]
A system run by the ergophobic
is destined for failure.

Mayams's Avatar


Mayams
05.06.2012 , 03:05 AM | #13
Oh, and in reference to your Sig:

I am absolutley mortified by Ergs!!!!

Spiders too but especially ERGS!!!
If we discover a complete theory, it would be the ultimate triumph of human reason—for then we should know the mind of God.

-ZaRDoZ-'s Avatar


-ZaRDoZ-
05.06.2012 , 03:07 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Brosephiine View Post
But... They're annoying. :<

Though I will say, this isn't so much about "omg stop complaining gawsh" as it is, "where's the community?" I've said it all over the place, I'm a social person. I LIKE talking to people and I'll even debate over game issues with people. I'm not averse to it and I'll admit when I'm wrong too. I just... Wish there was more community than there is.
Server merger would help to fix this I reckon. Pretty hard to have a community on forums, when 90% of servers have no community in game.
Master lunatic magnet

Sotof's Avatar


Sotof
05.06.2012 , 04:42 AM | #15
Well. The forums have no community because there is no community on in game servers aside from individual guilds. Bioware does not even provide the most basic of community creating tool for servers: A server forum. That and there is no global LFG channel per default. That combined with a lack of players creates the absence of a community.

kiwoo's Avatar


kiwoo
05.06.2012 , 09:46 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Brosephiine View Post
Been around since the game was released pretty much. Been posting on and off on the forums since I got the game and I'm sadly disappointed. Perhaps I'm not finding those golden kernel threads where there's a good community and all that, but the forums are just filled to bursting with people doing almost nothing but complaining. And any time you say anything in disagreement, you're a "fanboi" who doesn't know anything about game development (even though I majored in game design at some point in the past.)

Honestly, the community (or lack there of) has made the forums nothing but a headache. :<

Someone please convince me that there's hope, I wanna see an actual community! And so far it's just been the facts about girls thread that's had any luck in that department. :<

(D+ for complaining about complaining? )
(F for grammar fail in the thread title.)
Complainers will alwys be the loudest on any game forums, because the rest are happily plaing, not reading the forums^_^.

On any game forums you will get the posters that start a discussion, but only care about the replies that agree, no matter how thought out and articulate the points made contrary to the OPs posts are. Or even if they are factually supported.

Just some peoples ego is so fragile.

Muertepk's Avatar


Muertepk
05.06.2012 , 12:30 PM | #17
the problem is you got people who dont play the game NEVER played one hour of the game, that come here and make stuff up and talk trash until they get banned, then they rinse and repeat.

its the kool kid griefer thing to do nao! same crowd that spams filth in game chat the ones that sit in a corner on fleet still at level 25 never do anything but spam filth. same crowd that spams comments sections on news stories.
worthless resource wasting pukes. same crowd that uses someone elses scripts to cheat in fps, same crowd that exploits and shares said exploits. they guild together and waste everyones time.

its pretty sad, they have no lives other than to spam filth online, thats it, they make no friends, they scream at mom to make them chocolate milk NAO!1!!11 they talk talk talk nonsense until they believe it themselves.
and they know nothing about reality as they spend all the time they have online in places like reddit or /b/ or the other few remaining pus filled websites that most normal people avoid. they think things are real because they see other people tell them they are real. and then they blindly go forth and proclaim it is real to the rest of us, ......
and when they are told to **** and go away they RAGE against everything anyone thinks or says, because THEY ARE RAGE and right coz smeone on reddit posted it!!!11!

until the internet identity issue becomes a non issue ( meaning until you have to register your actual identity to access online anything) then it will never change. thats the problem. it is every forum, it is CNN stories comments section. faceless postings, no repercussions from posting lies hate filth. until kids are kept in a fenced off safe area of a kids only internet it will never change. and facebook or twitter accounts dont work they are fake sorry. its actual internet credentials you have to go personally to your isp and register in person with your drivers license or state ID showing you are of voting age. thats who should be allowed on the internet we all shop and use. under voting age or no DL or no ID..? get bent and go get id. too young to drive or vote? too young for this internet. go play on the kid safe whitewashed version some company needs to create.

thats my opinion. as long as the silly children and immature idkits can sit all day long spamming forums and blogs with hate and filth, with no repercussions........then it will only get worse.

thats my 2 credits worth, and i will join you in boycotting these forums until bioware actually stops the insanity and starts insta banning trolls.

/rant

Brosephiine's Avatar


Brosephiine
05.06.2012 , 02:13 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Sotof View Post
Well. The forums have no community because there is no community on in game servers aside from individual guilds. Bioware does not even provide the most basic of community creating tool for servers: A server forum. That and there is no global LFG channel per default. That combined with a lack of players creates the absence of a community.
They... kind of created server forums. Kind of. Like I said, it seems like a lazy version. But I don't go to the server forums for community, I can get that community in game. I just haven't tried, as I'm kind of just enjoying leveling with my friend. But I think I'll be rolling an alt on Jedi Covenant at some point and looking for some new people to play with.

There is no general community on the forums, not because there's no community in game, but because the forums are flooded with people that are unhappy and can't seem to let others be happy. You don't need a server community to start a community somewhere else.
[deviantART]
A system run by the ergophobic
is destined for failure.

Captain_Zone's Avatar


Captain_Zone
05.06.2012 , 02:22 PM | #19
Tbh, after playing quite a few different MMOs over the years, I have to say this is one of the friendliest forums. Granted, it's kind of "forced friendly" since "bad" posts get removed, but there are some good discussions going on over in the Story and Lore as well as the Star Wars Discussion sections. If you keep looking at he General Discussion threads, those are the hardcore QQers who feel the need to complain about every little detail, most of the time.

Like someone once said, if you gave people a magic hat that would make the PERFECT MMO for everything they could ever want, someone would complain about the color of the hat.
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

Brosephiine's Avatar


Brosephiine
05.06.2012 , 02:34 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
Tbh, after playing quite a few different MMOs over the years, I have to say this is one of the friendliest forums. Granted, it's kind of "forced friendly" since "bad" posts get removed, but there are some good discussions going on over in the Story and Lore as well as the Star Wars Discussion sections. If you keep looking at he General Discussion threads, those are the hardcore QQers who feel the need to complain about every little detail, most of the time.

Like someone once said, if you gave people a magic hat that would make the PERFECT MMO for everything they could ever want, someone would complain about the color of the hat.
This is true, unfortunately. I mainly stick to Community forum now, though I recently ventured into the General Discussion when some threads were moved there. Never. Again.
[deviantART]
A system run by the ergophobic
is destined for failure.