Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please readjust Biochem in light of other changes.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Please readjust Biochem in light of other changes.

Banicks
05.06.2012 , 09:17 AM | #11
Your going to shoot yourself in the foot for repeat sales of the prototype.

Once off sale of Rakata? Make it too expensive and they wont buy it, make it too cheap and biochem profession is ruined for all.

No thanks, leave the Rakata stims BoP.
The tenets of the Sith are more than just words to be memorised. Learn them, understand them. They will lead you to the true power of the Force; the power of the dark side.

NicWester
05.06.2012 , 09:38 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by mrfoughtforever View Post
How is completely destroying the market for Biochem consumables a good idea?
It wouldn't destroy the market. At worst, the market would remain exactly as it is--Stagnant in biochem. Bear in mind that blue medpacs, stims, and adrenals are BETTER than the reusable purples of the same quality. They last longer or have a better effect. In the case of Exotech stims, they both last longer AND have a better effect than Rakata.

The mistaken assumption is that people aren't buying because they have their own stuff. The fact is that people who don't want to buy simply won't. Whereas min-maxers who are always looking to kill a boss faster, hit players harder, do whatever, will pay for the Exotech over the reusable.

Realistically what I believe would happen if this change was made is that the medpac/stim/adrenal market remains unaffected; the Implant market becomes viable again as now not everyone has a Biochem character that can craft Implants for every single alt they have, every three levels.

Quote: Originally Posted by Akella View Post
I think biochem was gutted sufficiently. Leave what's left of it alone. If people are so hot and bothered for those perks they can level it after they make their orange augment stuff.
That leads to a double-standard, though. It's okay for some people to switch, but not others? How is this a fair system?

Quote: Originally Posted by Holinyx View Post
Blue grade medpack is FAR superior to the Rakata purple. i love pointing this out.
I was telling people that before 1.2 :P Back when they were complaining that Reusables were so good that there was no market for anything. Blues were better! It was just a matter of other crafting skills being so bad by comparison...

Quote: Originally Posted by Kellour View Post
I feel like the goal with crew skills shouldnt be to level one and then drop it for another.
I agree with you--and in actual point of fact, I started my main on Biochem with that exact goal in mind. But I hit 400 Bio in January, crafted my Rakatas within that week, and have not crafted a single item since then--Not until just recently when I rolled an alt and he's in need of Implants.

Now, I realize, some of that is on me for not crafting for profit. But some of that is also incumbent on the system, if everyone else can swap after 400, then why can't I?

Quote: Originally Posted by Banicks View Post
Your going to shoot yourself in the foot for repeat sales of the prototype.

Once off sale of Rakata? Make it too expensive and they wont buy it, make it too cheap and biochem profession is ruined for all.

No thanks, leave the Rakata stims BoP.
Just to clarify, I specifically stated that Rakata stuff should stay BoP. Totally for sure 100%, yes, stay BoP.

What I'm saying is that they should no longer require you to have Biochem 400 (or whatever) in order to use the medpack, stim, adrenal, whatever. Just as how you don't require Armormech 400 to wear crafted and augmented Rakata gear.

Diegles
05.06.2012 , 04:00 PM | #13
Another thought would be, why didn't they introduce new schematics(Stims/Adrenals/medpacs) for Biochem with 1.2? It wouldn't exceed over any other crew skill, it would just give us something new to work on, and maybe make us earn some credits on the sale of them, if the material costs arn't sky-high.

On the Frostclaw server the GTN doesnt have any Stims(most of the time), because you will loose money on creating Stims, rather then selling the raw materials. Prices are more forgiving on Exotech Stims, but by the looks of it, it might be sale with a loss as well, 50k/ for 2 stims seems to be the going price, sometimes as low as 30k for 2. I don't remember the material costs right now, but they are quite expensive, especially the Radioactive plasma(?)(artifact quality), which jumps up and down between 10-20k each.

I would be happy to get some bosses with say 20% chance of dropping Exotech schematics of various types as well, seing as I havn't seen 1 drop for 2 months, and my guild has a total of 3 schematics of the Exotech series, after raiding since January 29th, creating a 2nd raid group in mid march. None of these are Stims either, it's all the Absorb Adrenal.

GnatB
05.07.2012 , 10:52 AM | #14
I've said it in pretty much every one of these threads. Biochem is, and will remain, broken until they do 1 of 3 things:

1. Remove the Biochem restriction on the reuseables at all levels (ok to make them BoE, but *not* BoP)
2. Remove the reuseables at all levels
3. Increase the yield on the consumables across the board until the price per item is trivial for the level range it's intended to be used at. (which probably means 10 to 20 or more per craft for adrenals, 5 or so per craft for medpacks)

Master-Nala
05.07.2012 , 02:06 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Holinyx View Post
Blue grade medpack is FAR superior to the Rakata purple. i love pointing this out.
It doesn't matter. Consumables cost too much to create. There never should have been reusable medpacks, stims and adrenals. Instead, the quantities of materials available needs to rise or the results from crafting need to rise. Really, blue recipe should return 10 items or more. Make it so that the per unit cost goes down in the 1K range at level 50.

Consumables need to be relatively cheap because they are a constant cost. As it is now, I just take most alts Biochem grind up skill and let my main make them reusables.
Below this is my referral link. If you press it you get free stuff and I get free stuff. This makes you, me....and Bioware happy, but don't let that stop you!
Referral Link---> http://www.swtor.com/r/fDdy48 <---Referral Link