Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Malgus

dazednconfuzed
05.10.2012 , 08:10 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by ArcticNemesis View Post
Malgus is more intimidating than Vader ever was because you can SEE the evil in Malgus' eyes, you can SEE the hate and anger. He is ugly, for sure, but I dont think Sith Lords really give a damn about their appearance.
Speak for yourself. I'm still deciding what my Sorceror is going to look like for endgame, and I got her to level 50 last week.
Jedi Master Kai'sinn. Not only evil hides in the shadows.
Jedi Master Tzathali. Korriban/Tython Exchange Program.
Major Dulne. Nothing will stop Havoc Squad, Sir.

MegaDreaddy
12.22.2012 , 04:29 AM | #42
You may think he is ugly, but the reason for this is because the more powerful you are with the darkside the more physically horrifying you become.

Path-x
12.22.2012 , 05:42 PM | #43
I think Darth Malgus is great (especially in the 3 cinematic trailers). In fact Malgus is one of my favourite SIth characters in SW universe. The only thing I dislike about his character is post-Ilum storyline.

Since you mentioned KOTOR2, Nihilus and Sion were stupid and ridiculous story-wise (their over-exaggerated power and abilities). Similar case is Sith Emperor in SWTOR. I just refuse to accept this ridiculous crap about Sith Emperor being 1000 years old almighty Sith. In my head canon I stick to theroy proposed in Annihilation novel by Gnost-Dural that the Sith Emperor is actually simply the most powerful dark council member at given time.
Jedi: You won the day, Sith. So, kill me if you must.
Warrior: I must.

Surinen
12.22.2012 , 05:56 PM | #44
Well, look of a character is just a matter of pereferences. To me, before his jlungs and jaw got a little bit cooked he looked decent. Now, when he is wearing his respirator I think that he is the best looking Sith ever made ( maybe on par with Starkiller ), his pale face covered with wrinkles and eyes reflecting his corruption and dedication to Sith code look very indimidating.
Aperture Science. We do what we must, because we can. For the good of all of us- Except the ones who are dead.

BradTheImpaler
12.22.2012 , 05:56 PM | #45
I still need to read Deceived.
Fact: The above poster was full of it. Nihilus and Sion > Malgus. Just had to get that off my chest.
Also Malgus = Malak in so many ways, but stronger.

Anyway, I think he definitely should have either won on Alderaan (the whole thing with Satele blocking his lightsaber with her bare hands just doesn't work...) or died there.

Still, I finally did a run through of False Emperor last night, and I was the only one who took Malgus's side on the aliens-in-the-empire issue. For that at least, he's cool, but nothing special compared to Revan, Malak, Nihilus, Sion, Traya or the Emperor.
In the Imperial Army, it takes more courage to retreat than to advance.

Nemhauser
12.22.2012 , 05:56 PM | #46
Read the novel 'Deceived' and you'll probably rethink your opinion on Malgus. He's one of the most interesting characters in the SW universe and his story of finding love in the most unusual way, and then ends up losing it, made me look at him with very different eyes. Anakin's fall to the Dark side is nothing compared to the tragedy which leads up to Malgus losing any Light he still had in him.

Surinen
12.22.2012 , 06:16 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemhauser View Post
Read the novel 'Deceived' and you'll probably rethink your opinion on Malgus. He's one of the most interesting characters in the SW universe and his story of finding love in the most unusual way, and then ends up losing it, made me look at him with very different eyes. Anakin's fall to the Dark side is nothing compared to the tragedy which leads up to Malgus losing any Light he still had in him.
I wouldnt call it tragedy, it was his choice, he cared much more for power and Sith code than a petty romances so he chose to cut loose end on his path to greatness. Definately iconic character for Sith who overcomed silly emotions. Both Anakin and Palpatine were in a different situation, one got crazied a little bit and second wasnt into his own family much but Malgus, he chose to
Spoiler
Aperture Science. We do what we must, because we can. For the good of all of us- Except the ones who are dead.

FINNT
12.22.2012 , 08:09 PM | #48
True Sith are fugly, deal with it
:laser: