Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Malgus

Lewisgil
05.07.2012 , 10:50 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by ArcticNemesis View Post
Malgus is more intimidating than Vader ever was because you can SEE the evil in Malgus' eyes, you can SEE the hate and anger. He is ugly, for sure, but I dont think Sith Lords really give a damn about their appearance.
There's actually something to be said about Vader's mask. They have tried numerous times to capture the same effect it had, Revan, Nihilus, and now Jadus, Baras, and Kallig. You didn't have to see the hate and anger in his expression to be intimidated, the fact that you couldn't see the expression on his face as he Force Choked you to death was far more intimidating. It's almost like looking into the face of a sociopath as they repeatedly stick a knife in you, you kind of wish there was some sort of emotion there. At least then you could put some rhyme or reason to it.
NAME: Altonraen
PAXIMPERIUS
Website | Recruitment Thread | Guild Profile

Nydus
05.07.2012 , 01:10 PM | #22
I don't mind Malgus.

But to be honest I don't know a thing about him (ever any significant back story told?).

He looks fairly standard for a Sith (Palpatine / Vader), but I do like the fact he plays his cards close to his chest and isn't foaming at the mouth constantly.

- Arcada
The Arcada Legacy (Ebon Hawk)
Ord'os (Lvl.55 Sorcerer), Naresa (Lvl.53 Operative), Jagrafess (Lvl.19 Marauder)
Nydus (Lvl.54 Shadow), Toclafane (Lvl.27 Guardian)

bionamaster
05.07.2012 , 01:19 PM | #23
Malgus seems pretty intimidating to me. An intriguing character in the book Decieved, a being who cares only for murder in the game. He destroyed the Jedi Temple, killed Master Zallow, and electrified three Jedi at once. I would also add killing his master to his list of deeds, but that appears to be a rite of passage for most Sith.
Reminder: Mechanized posting is for non-trolling business only. Enjoy your stay.
Parrius, Level 55 Jedi Sentinel Parian, Level 20 Commando
Tremarr Legacy, CE Subbed since Launch, Shadowlands Server
For the Republic!

Lewisgil
05.07.2012 , 01:23 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Nydus View Post
I don't mind Malgus.

But to be honest I don't know a thing about him (ever any significant back story told?).

He looks fairly standard for a Sith (Palpatine / Vader), but I do like the fact he plays his cards close to his chest and isn't foaming at the mouth constantly.

- Arcada
Read the novel deceived.
PAXIMPERIUS

DeutschGamer
05.07.2012 , 02:15 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by bionamaster View Post
Malgus seems pretty intimidating to me. An intriguing character in the book Decieved, a being who cares only for murder in the game. He destroyed the Jedi Temple, killed Master Zallow, and electrified three Jedi at once. I would also add killing his master to his list of deeds, but that appears to be a rite of passage for most Sith.
His master was mortally wounded, disarmed, and paying more attention to the Sith Fleet than Malgus. Not much of a challenge.
Its all the force's fault.

Corso is my sidekick..or more specifically that little monkey you dress up in a tux and sit in a corner to look interesting but in reality doesn't really do anything.

Lewisgil
05.08.2012 , 11:09 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by DeutschGamer View Post
His master was mortally wounded, disarmed, and paying more attention to the Sith Fleet than Malgus. Not much of a challenge.
Nobody was talking about it being a challenge for him, they were just noting the fact that it was a cold thing to do yet, it is the hallmark of a Sith Apprentice's graduation.
PAXIMPERIUS

Darth_Solrac
05.08.2012 , 01:58 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Lewisgil View Post
There's actually something to be said about Vader's mask. They have tried numerous times to capture the same effect it had, Revan, Nihilus, and now Jadus, Baras, and Kallig. You didn't have to see the hate and anger in his expression to be intimidated, the fact that you couldn't see the expression on his face as he Force Choked you to death was far more intimidating. It's almost like looking into the face of a sociopath as they repeatedly stick a knife in you, you kind of wish there was some sort of emotion there. At least then you could put some rhyme or reason to it.
Frankly, Vader's mask was too plastic looking....with those big bug eyes. Revan's was rustic, more real looking. I prefer pre-suit Vader. The flowing robes, solely visible yellow eyes (especially in that epic balcony shot), etc.

Revan remains king of Darth Mask Island.
Nobody expects the Sith Inquisition!
Guild: Imperial Army.
Darth (Markos) Solrac: LV 50, Dark Sith Sorcerer.
Draykos Solrac: LV 29, Dark grey Jedi Guardian.

Boyana
05.08.2012 , 02:29 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Solrac View Post
Frankly, Vader's mask was too plastic looking....with those big bug eyes. Revan's was rustic, more real looking. I prefer pre-suit Vader. The flowing robes, solely visible yellow eyes (especially in that epic balcony shot), etc.

Revan remains king of Darth Mask Island.
Hehe, I really find Vader's mask silly. Didn't want to say this, people could get mad, but it really looks like from some toy set for kids 4 years old and younger.
Reminds me on Ninja Turtles mask I used to have as a kid - plastic.

Darth_Moonshadow
05.08.2012 , 11:20 PM | #29
Yeah I think this guy beats out everyone who is the uglist Lord of the Sith ever.
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.
B

Rayla_Felana
05.09.2012 , 12:06 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Lewisgil View Post
I agree, there is no more intimidating figure than Vader, the effect was watered down by years of pop culture jokes, etc..

But when you read his EU lore, the man was the most terrifying figure in the galaxy, no enemy of the Empire survived a confrontation with Vader if he went in for the kill, he is often imitated as you said, but no mask will ever be as intimidating and iconic as Vader's, no one in the EU even comes close, second best? Nihilus.