Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Spend 2025 credits and 30 minutes on slicing lockbox mission

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Spend 2025 credits and 30 minutes on slicing lockbox mission

MrPlastic
05.04.2012 , 03:32 PM | #1
Receive 1391 credits.

Working as intended.

thomasgallant
05.04.2012 , 03:33 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by MrPlastic View Post
Receive 1391 credits.

Working as intended.
silly.. why would you send someone on a mission for slicing boxes.. the way to make money from slicing is picking up the boxes on the ground on planets..

silly..
"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." Obi-Wan Kenobi

Liokae
05.04.2012 , 03:34 PM | #3
Receive 1391 credits.

Working as intended.
Crit on that same mission: Receive credits and goods worth 7-10k.

Yes, working as intended.

tahyri
05.04.2012 , 03:38 PM | #4
Sounds pretty much working as intended to me. RNG can bite you sometimes, can bite you a lot of times. You'll need a bigger sample set for a true measurement. Not every slicing mission will be a net positive gain. Do it long enough and you should net a positive overall.

PaintSticks
05.04.2012 , 03:40 PM | #5
I always get more then what i spend sending them on those missions. Bad luck? Also you get those mission items, that you can sell to others.

Liokae
05.04.2012 , 03:41 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by tahyri View Post
Sounds pretty much working as intended to me. RNG can bite you sometimes, can bite you a lot of times. You'll need a bigger sample set for a true measurement. Not every slicing mission will be a net positive gain. Do it long enough and you should net a positive overall.
The higher "rank" ones (rich, abundant, etc.) I'm pretty sure aren't even designed to be a net profit on pure credits- just to not make you go broke while using them to get the schematics and other such things.

But as far as I can tell, the primary purpose of lockbox missions is a less-costly way to level it up than tech parts, so you can get to the Rank 6 tech parts sooner.

Bigbozo
05.04.2012 , 03:41 PM | #7
Sounds like some one is still sore about the slicing nerf after launch.

Liokae
05.04.2012 , 03:41 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by bigbozo View Post
sounds like some one is still sore about the slicing nerf after launch.
i deserve to be a billionaire dangit

thomasgallant
05.04.2012 , 03:42 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Liokae View Post
The higher "rank" ones (rich, abundant, etc.) I'm pretty sure aren't even designed to be a net profit on pure credits- just to not make you go broke while using them to get the schematics and other such things.

But as far as I can tell, the primary purpose of lockbox missions is a less-costly way to level it up than tech parts, so you can get to the Rank 6 tech parts sooner.

^this is right... op probably remembers the days before they nerfed slicing.. when it was horrifically skewed the other way.... im glad we dont have those times anymore
"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." Obi-Wan Kenobi

rymah
05.04.2012 , 03:46 PM | #10
Receive 1391 credits.

Working as intended.
You mean I can't let my level 10 alt stay on the homeworld/station and slice from 1-400 while turning a profit? Shucks...

In all seriousness, if you rely on missions to farm credits at high skill levels you're doing it wrong.
Minister of Propaganda, Deadly Shenanigans
Drooga's Pleasure Barge / Lord Praven / Squadron 238
The Shadowedsoul Legacy
~ immortalis imperator veneremur ~