Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Refund for dead graphics card

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Refund for dead graphics card

shizzuh
05.16.2012 , 07:51 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Romiz View Post
Honestly do not believe that. This game is NOT stressful on the system compared to a lot of other games. Tiger Direct may have just said that to get you off their backs.

Part fail on a PC all the time. That is just how it is with complex hardware we now use.
The employee was younger, so maybe he was just going on recent history. But it's the fact that they have had so many hardware related complaint issues that bothers me.

Romiz
05.16.2012 , 07:59 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by shizzuh View Post
The employee was younger, so maybe he was just going on recent history. But it's the fact that they have had so many hardware related complaint issues that bothers me.
Windows and MAC OS have systems failures. So they must be at fault too with the logic that young person used. Remember that was only a CS rep not a trained computer tech with a degree.

I also would not be shocked if you got in trouble for saying that. The company records all interactions and statement he made would have broke the company SOP.

kjfett
05.16.2012 , 09:58 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by shizzuh View Post
I wouldn't take tech advise from a sales clerk unless he has a business card with A+ and Net+ certs listed at the least. If they can't do that, the only thing they can offer worth anything is change.

rjkishida
05.16.2012 , 10:18 PM | #34
There is no way Bioware will accept responsibility for crashing anyone's computer or any parts thereof. If they did, they would have to reimburse everyone with those problems. Even though the game is a poorly coded crash-fest, Bioware will simply say you accepted the EULA and it's your problem.

Wonder why 25% of subs are down? Look no further than Bioware's attitude and product.

kjfett
05.17.2012 , 09:33 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by rjkishida View Post
There is no way Bioware will accept responsibility for crashing anyone's computer or any parts thereof. If they did, they would have to reimburse everyone with those problems. Even though the game is a poorly coded crash-fest, Bioware will simply say you accepted the EULA and it's your problem.

Wonder why 25% of subs are down? Look no further than Bioware's attitude and product.
They have no reason to accept responsibility for poorly maintained and malware infested junk some people try to game on.

blowmedown
05.17.2012 , 10:06 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by big_malky View Post
I would like to know if I can claim back the 24.99 that i paid for SWTOR. I purchased a desktop last week to play this on and after installing it yesterday, the graphics card died. Now I expect that if it was an old model PC without capabilities, I would not be so surprised but after reading about other people with dead Nvidia graphics cards, I think I am entitled to a full refund for the game.

Luckily, the retailers who sold me the PC were willing to replace the card free of charge but I will not be installing the game again which has been a waste of my money, not just to me but others as well.

Can I please see a moderator on this thread to discuss why there are so many issues relating to hardware damage due to SWTOR and maybe to sort out some sort of financial recompense before I decide to get enough disgruntled customers together to file a large civil lawsuit on Bioware and EA.

I do not go in for suing culture usually but this is costing people a lot of money and it's about time developers and publishers were made an example of for unfinished or potentially damaging software.
You had a defective card it hapens.