Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bio Chemists, What do we want?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Bio Chemists, What do we want?

Krayshawn
05.02.2012 , 12:38 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by IconicNStarwarsy View Post
I don't know the whole extent of what other Skills can craft, but why would it be unfair if Biochemists didn't have exclusive use of reusable stuff? Do other Skills have exclusive use stuff (barring Cybertech and their grenades, only because I know of them and also don't really see why they need to be exclusive as opposed to marketable)?
Well i mean BoP stuff, yes our non-rakkata reusables arn't BoP because they are simply artifact tiered from RE. The Blues are marketable, it would be unfair if a rich guy had every sing unique consumable. Also to keep from using if they drop the trade(for the BoPs).
The Krayshawn Legacy:
Krayshawn - Vanguard El'Diablo - 29/12/0 Jug
Mufasa, GM : <Hakuna Matata> - Jedi Covenant

IconicNStarwarsy
05.02.2012 , 12:52 PM | #22
Rich people always have an obvious advantage over the poor, but I'm just trying to find a reason to level up a Skill on a PvP toon that's not Biochem. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears that I can just buy everything I need from other crafters and then have my reusables on top of that.
- PvPimp

Aetou
05.02.2012 , 01:14 PM | #23
What Biochem, and the game as a whole, needs is affordable Adrenals. Make it so that non-biochemists can afford to buy and use them almost as frequently as we can use our reusables. That way Biochem becomes a less essential endgame skill as well as us gaining another line of products to sell. For it to work you'd need to be able to sell Hyper Adrenals for about 2k each I think (at most) would be a realistic option for use in Operations. That means that the current schematics should be changed so that they produce a stack of 10.

IconicNStarwarsy
05.02.2012 , 01:34 PM | #24
That would come close to what I'm talking about but still would not quite be 'there', because it suggests that 'others' need to spend credits repeatedly in order to keep a stash of medpacks/adrenals, as opposed to a 'biochemist' only needing to buy a symbolic piece of gear produced by another crafter once.
- PvPimp

GnatB
05.02.2012 , 02:53 PM | #25
or... as I've said before...

BIoware needs to basically do 1 of 3 things:
1. Remove the skill restriction on the reuseables
2. Up the yield on the adrenals by a factor of at least 20. (medpacks by at least 5)
3. Remove the reuseables entirely.

Any of the three will probably work.

Vinak
05.02.2012 , 04:16 PM | #26
we simply need to be able to craft consumables economically. Nobody wants to spend 50-100k on a handful of consumables.

I should be able to craft 3-5 medpacs/adrenals, and 2-3 stimulants per attempt.

reusable consumables could go I guess....Though I think biochemist should gain a 25-50% chance to not use a medpac/stim/adrenal on use in exchange.

I also wouldn't mind Biochem no longer counting as a craft. instead a 4th skill we could pick up...with bioanalysis no longer a gathering profession either.
>████TootsieRollŪ████<
MXX ______.________CCCLXVII

Lucrothop
05.02.2012 , 06:16 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by IconicNStarwarsy View Post
Can someone actually remind me why the reusables were stamped with a Biochem requirement? If there weren't one, there would be the Biochemists' market to make credits and a reason for others to 'stay away' from Biochem and craft other things.
My guess is that if everyone could buy a reusable then eventually there would be a market flood as less and less people needed to buy them (since you only need to buy once and most raiders really only stick with one main for end-game stuff). Id prefer the previously mentioned increase in yield such that our products can be economical and people would buy them to use in raids more often.

my question is what was the purpose of only allowing one medpack per fight.

ConzarCR
05.02.2012 , 07:37 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Lucrothop View Post
my question is what was the purpose of only allowing one medpack per fight.
The old way was 1 quite sizeable 1 minute tanking cooldown. How do you then balance the damage output of a boss? If you compensate for the tank having this cooldown available, you make the boss hard for non-biochems. If you assume the tank doesn't have this cooldown, it becomes easier for biochem tanks, and no tank takes any other profession.

The way it is now, everyone has this single cooldown available, it's just cheaper for the biochems (who're probably providing medkits cost price/free of charge to the tank anyway).

hyuplee
05.03.2012 , 06:31 AM | #29
I dont understand.
What are you guys complaining about?

You guys have biochem, one of the most popular and useful crew skill pre and post 1.2. Sure you guys were nerfed but people still take biochem because its the only crew skill that allows em to craft and use refusable stims. You also get to craft implants and med pac, both are very important to a character doing raids and pvp.

What do Biochemist want?
You want for nothing compare to crew skills like cybertech, imo.

Implants: takes up 2 slots therefore is relatively useful till you get your pve/pvp ones, you can crit it and get augement slots

Reusable Med: Useful in most situation, money saver

Reusable Stim: Useful in most stiuation, big money saver

Reusable adrenals: not as powerful as pvp adrenal but the fact its reusable, big money saver

that's just the ones I know about.

What does Cybertech get?

Armoring and mods - completely useless since there's already armor sets for pve and armor sets for pvp. Pvp you can buy (recruit armor). Pve you can make do without terribly good ones.

Droid part - useless for the most part. How many droid companions are there? like 3.

Vehicles - cost more to make than sell. Hot Rigg cost about 110k to make (Dalborra, combined crafting material cost) but only goes for 100k on gtn and people rarely buy them.

Earpiece - relatively useless as it is only 1 slot (unlike implants which take 2). Make do with blue or crappy purple ones you can buy from gtn for 20k until get better ones from pve and pvp venders.

Ship Parts - relatively useless since most people on the server only do space mission for fun and won't invest big money on ship parts (unless they're terribly rich... and stupid . The ship parts on gtn are all on sale for 40k at best because no one buys them.)

Grenade - the last time i saw someone using grenade in wz was 2 weeks ago. They're only good for cc and you buy the blue ones cheapily for that. There's no use trying to jack the price up because its something most people can make do without, unlike stims.

In shorts, Cybertech has no useful skills and they can only crit craft 1 gear which takes up 1 slot only. All other crafting skills are useful now because they can crit craft - even armstech. Cybertechers can't even make augements.

It is a crew skill that's only useful for gearing up your alt - which you don't need to as you can just collect comm and make do with the gears u get from commedation. So really, biochemist, you should be grateful for what you have because at least your crew skill is useful.

DawnAskham
05.03.2012 , 07:19 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Aetou View Post
What Biochem, and the game as a whole, needs is affordable Adrenals. Make it so that non-biochemists can afford to buy and use them almost as frequently as we can use our reusables. That way Biochem becomes a less essential endgame skill as well as us gaining another line of products to sell. For it to work you'd need to be able to sell Hyper Adrenals for about 2k each I think (at most) would be a realistic option for use in Operations. That means that the current schematics should be changed so that they produce a stack of 10.
Or make adrenals like medpacks, only allowed once per fight, and keep the reusable Biochem ones out of ranked PVP. Now people don't need stacks to get through a day if they don't have Biochem.