Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bio Chemists, What do we want?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Bio Chemists, What do we want?

Swijr
05.02.2012 , 06:04 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Wesgile View Post
one thing they could do is to make those consumables less costly to make,
that would get people to actually use them outside of the reusables, which in turn would form a healthy pool of buyers for the market (since unlike equipments where you only need one and thats it, atleast until next patch hits or whatever).
Consumables are only really purchased at cap which you're right, sucks. Instead of reducing mat costs, they should just increase product output. So instead of making 1 at a time, it's 2 and if you crit, it's 4.

This is ONLY good for sub 50 though, at 50 the non biochems are going through stims and adrenals like it's no body's business.

Swijr
.: System :. | Jedi Covenant | Republic PVP Guild | Chat Info

anstalt
05.02.2012 , 06:43 AM | #12
Biochems should be able to craft top-tier implants that are bound on pickup, just like artifice, armourmech and synth can. Seems silly that we can't craft rakata implants (with aug slots). The implant market, whilst you can make money off it, is pretty limited as most level 50s just grind dailies for a short time and buy themselves rakata implants anyway.

Beyond being able to make top-tier implants for ourselves, I think I'd just like to lower the crafting cost for adrenals/stims/medpacs. Trying to make blue stims for people costs a lot of money, which means I have to sell them for a lot of money which means only serious raiders bother to buy them, and even then its rare. I don't even bother making adrenals as they aren't worth it. With medpacs now only being 1 use per fight, having reusables is less of an advantage.

Its still a strong craft, and being able to make consumables will always be worth while as a profession, just wish we could make more usable stuff for a reasonable cost.
Anstalt - lvl 50 valor 81 Shadow Consular

Currently retired due to poor design decisions within the game that have killed its longevity. Get rid of Hickman before he ruins the game completely!

BroadStreetBully
05.02.2012 , 07:24 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by anstalt View Post
Biochems should be able to craft top-tier implants that are bound on pickup, just like artifice, armourmech and synth can.
We already can. If you reverse engineer the level 49 implants they are better than the Rakata in many cases. My shadow tank is a Biochem and I ground up the tanking implants because they provided much better mitigation than the crappy Rakata implants.

Krayshawn
05.02.2012 , 09:39 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by anstalt View Post
Biochems should be able to craft top-tier implants that are bound on pickup, just like artifice, armourmech and synth can. Seems silly that we can't craft rakata implants (with aug slots). The implant market, whilst you can make money off it, is pretty limited as most level 50s just grind dailies for a short time and buy themselves rakata implants anyway.

Beyond being able to make top-tier implants for ourselves, I think I'd just like to lower the crafting cost for adrenals/stims/medpacs. Trying to make blue stims for people costs a lot of money, which means I have to sell them for a lot of money which means only serious raiders bother to buy them, and even then its rare. I don't even bother making adrenals as they aren't worth it. With medpacs now only being 1 use per fight, having reusables is less of an advantage.

Its still a strong craft, and being able to make consumables will always be worth while as a profession, just wish we could make more usable stuff for a reasonable cost.
Unlike the other professions, we must wait for schematics to drop in Ops, such as the cruddy tionese schematic i got.

nToxiK
05.02.2012 , 10:29 AM | #15
Exotech schematics have a low drop rate. Bioware needs to make these more readily available both inside and outside of operations.

RagnarokEx
05.02.2012 , 11:41 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by nToxiK View Post
Exotech schematics have a low drop rate. Bioware needs to make these more readily available both inside and outside of operations.
no kidding. for exotech stims, only 2 person selling per type.. basically these few guys corner the market on gtn at my server. my hyper stims are not able to sell at cost price.

IconicNStarwarsy
05.02.2012 , 12:15 PM | #17
Can someone actually remind me why the reusables were stamped with a Biochem requirement? If there weren't one, there would be the Biochemists' market to make credits and a reason for others to 'stay away' from Biochem and craft other things.
- PvPimp

Krayshawn
05.02.2012 , 12:17 PM | #18
Yeah, the prices of consumables on my server baffle my mind, Ultimate Medpacks at 6k ea, that's absurd i put like 25 in my guild bank everyday. I really want to see something awesome one day in the future, for example: at least let us craft/sell/ and RE PvP consumables (for alt purposes) maybe even a reusable one.
The Krayshawn Legacy:
Krayshawn - Vanguard El'Diablo - 29/12/0 Jug
Mufasa, GM : <Hakuna Matata> - Jedi Covenant

Krayshawn
05.02.2012 , 12:19 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by IconicNStarwarsy View Post
Can someone actually remind me why the reusables were stamped with a Biochem requirement? If there weren't one, there would be the Biochemists' market to make credits and a reason for others to 'stay away' from Biochem and craft other things.
It would be unfair to biochemists if they didn't get something exclusive, implants are good enough cash IMO. Unfortunately there wont be any new reusables...
The Krayshawn Legacy:
Krayshawn - Vanguard El'Diablo - 29/12/0 Jug
Mufasa, GM : <Hakuna Matata> - Jedi Covenant

IconicNStarwarsy
05.02.2012 , 12:29 PM | #20
I don't know the whole extent of what other Skills can craft, but why would it be unfair if Biochemists didn't have exclusive use of reusable stuff? Do other Skills have exclusive use stuff (barring Cybertech and their grenades, only because I know of them and also don't really see why they need to be exclusive as opposed to marketable)?
- PvPimp