Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patch 1.2.2 (5/1/12) "Exit Area" disabled duing combat

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Patch 1.2.2 (5/1/12) "Exit Area" disabled duing combat

Beerswilla
05.01.2012 , 06:51 AM | #1
Justify this, I dare you - I double-dare you!

What are you smoking out there in Austin?! The game has so many stupid bugs-that-cause-death-or-a-wipe that now you see fit to make sure everyone dies when a glitch occurs? Or maybe you don't want to allow out-of-combat resurrection and make the whole damn party wait 5 minutes between each combat rez when SOA bugs out after he's dead, but left a mind trap or ball lightning on the field?

Seriously BW, What Gives? You already made damage interrupt the "casting" of Exit Area, so why go to this extreme?

Boissi
05.01.2012 , 07:07 AM | #2
I haven't had a dead due to a glitch after 1.2 came out. SOA is the only one that still might bug out sometimes, but the fight's really easy these days anyway, since the balls do such low damage. Bioware just wants people to pay their repair bills. Really doesn't bother me at all.
@ Scepter of Ragnos

Zixu - 50 Sith Juggernaut |||Sihq - 50 Sith Sorcerer ||| Powers - 50 Operative ||| Ziksi - 49 Jedi Sentinel ||| Ziksu - 41 Powertech ||| Zixi - 17+ Sniper

Codek
05.01.2012 , 07:07 AM | #3
Really?........

1. You screw up on a boss fight you deserve to die as punishment.
2. an occasional bug on a few bosses is not justification to allow an escape from all bosses on all fights.
3. Repair bills are incredibly cheap right now.
4. Everyone has to walk back anyways.
5. Grow up.
~Codek

MaleneStar
05.01.2012 , 07:21 AM | #4
This is pretty weak-sauce. There's been a million times where we had to exit area because of an operation/flashpoint bugging out.

LordStark
05.01.2012 , 07:26 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Beerswilla View Post
so why go to this extreme?
Sorry i had to chuckle at that part.
And as Codek said Repair bills are incredibly cheap.

It will have no bad impact in my eyes.
SWTOR Failed = Free 2 Play
Vertrauen in BIoWare = 0%
Ende im gelδnde = 28.06

TUXs
05.01.2012 , 07:45 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Codek View Post
Really?........

1. You screw up on a boss fight you deserve to die as punishment.
2. an occasional bug on a few bosses is not justification to allow an escape from all bosses on all fights.
3. Repair bills are incredibly cheap right now.
4. Everyone has to walk back anyways.
5. Grow up.
Those have NOTHING to do with why this is a terrible idea.

I've bugged, my sons have bugged and my guildmates have bugged in areas before where you couldn't escape without using Fleet Pass or Exit Area. /stuck /sucks at times. Exit Area was ALWAYS a good backup.

This is a foolish addition to a problem that doesn't exist.
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Typeslice
05.01.2012 , 07:55 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post

I've bugged, my sons have bugged and my guildmates have bugged in areas before where you couldn't escape without using Fleet Pass or Exit Area. /stuck /sucks at times. Exit Area was ALWAYS a good backup.

If youre talking about situations where you are using /stuck, I'll assume you are out of combat; so exit area wills till work. If not, just take the death - ALWAYS a good backup.
Xaph'an / A'baddon - GM of Undercon
The Shadowlands
http://undercon.guildlaunch.com

Elear
05.01.2012 , 07:58 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post

Exit area during boss fight may cause him to not reset, effectively blocking raid from reentering.

If you're not in combat, axit area works. If you're in combat, /stuck works almost same way, except repair bill increases.

So only thing that changed - you can't escape repair bill anymore, and have to learn to type /stuck.

TUXs
05.01.2012 , 08:02 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Typeslice View Post
If youre talking about situations where you are using /stuck, I'll assume you are out of combat; so exit area wills till work. If not, just take the death - ALWAYS a good backup.
No. I'm talking about bugs where you're continually in combat from something that has fallen below the landscape - the best example I can think of is EV, at the beginning and getting stuck in an escape pod. /stuck DID NOT WORK, ONLY EXIT AREA did.
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force

TUXs
05.01.2012 , 08:02 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Elear View Post
Exit area during boss fight may cause him to not reset, effectively blocking raid from reentering.
Reset phase works every time. That's the price you pay for running.