Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Post 1.2 Underworld Trading heavy bias toward companion gift missions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Post 1.2 Underworld Trading heavy bias toward companion gift missions

Darev
05.01.2012 , 04:17 AM | #1
Per title I'm seeing a heavy bias toward companion gift missions in Underworld Trading. Even now, after the May 1st patch, I had 4x Rich Companion gift missions on my BH with lvl400 UT. 4 out of 5 possible. The 5th was luxury fabrics. This is not uncommon. I'm seeing it on all of my toons with UT (4 out of the 8 have it, 3 are at lvl400).

Prior to 1.2 being implemented there was a decent chance at getting two UT metal missions in the same batch. One was generally a higher level mission and one would be 'moderate' but there were generally two available. After 1.2 was implemented I have never seen two UT Metal missions in the same batch. I'm not sure that I've seen two fabric missions in the same batch either.

I thought that maybe it was related to the change with slicing. Since Augments were spread across multiple crafting types it would be helpful if companions had more affection. With the need for higher affection there would need to be more gifts available, which meant that there would need to be more missions available to increase the number of gifts out on the market.

True or not, this made sense to me.

However, it is negatively impacting crafting the RE'd schematics. I know the focus, post 1.2, has been augmented orange gear, but I've seen that start to slow down lately. On my server's trade channel (Helm of Graush) the spam for augmented orange gear is greatly reduced.

I think the time has come to dial down the companion gift missions and bump the UT metal missions back up.

Srilania
05.01.2012 , 06:14 AM | #2
No, i've noticed it too. a slew of gifts, 1-2 fabrics, and no metals, making me waste 30-60 minutes and a couple grand to complete one in hopes a metals one pops out. though, since my companions need gifts, it wouldn't sting so much if I could just get SOME metals rolled in.

Drewhat
05.01.2012 , 06:38 AM | #3
I have sold nearly every gift I've put on the market for 4-8x what the mission was. Sometimes as much as 15k. That's comparative to a mandalorian Iron.

TreborS
05.01.2012 , 07:00 AM | #4
I am seeing this as well, the majority of the missions are companion gifts then fabric and finally metals. I am able to utilize the gifts right now to get my companion affection up on alts but as I'm really trying to get mando iron for crafting it's costing way more than it should as I try to cycle through the missions to find one I need.

G_Vega
05.01.2012 , 09:17 AM | #5
I've had a couple of streaks where it was ALL companion gifts at level 400. I'm just getting started for the day, so I have not had a chance to gauge results post patch, but I wouldn't be surprised if the trend continues.
50 Marauder, Sentinel, Vanguard, Mercenary, Juggernaut

It's a long way back to Grandville, but these wonderful devs keep updating my GPS...

Hexasoul
05.01.2012 , 10:08 AM | #6
Stop! Don't spend tons of money and time trying to refresh your mission list, you can do that just by zoning. If you are aboard fleet, take a free shuttle down to Korriban/Hutta or Tython/Ord Mantell and the mission list should update. Or you can relog the character if not aboard fleet and the mission list should update.
Frozen, did become my nose, whilst I, wrote this prose.

Witnezz
05.01.2012 , 10:18 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Hexasoul View Post
Stop! Don't spend tons of money and time trying to refresh your mission list, you can do that just by zoning. If you are aboard fleet, take a free shuttle down to Korriban/Hutta or Tython/Ord Mantell and the mission list should update. Or you can relog the character if not aboard fleet and the mission list should update.
Ya what he said, logging seems to shuffle the deck best.
--== 1020 ==--
--= 367 =--
--=111111=--

GnatB
05.01.2012 , 10:36 AM | #8
It's always been this way. You were just getting lucky pre 1.2

Jadothan
05.01.2012 , 10:45 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Witnezz View Post
Ya what he said, logging seems to shuffle the deck best.
i knew something was doing it. i assumed just time. ive gotten max 4 metals quests. recently ive actually wanted gifts though lol

Vistanus
05.01.2012 , 09:20 PM | #10
I can't get any gemstone missions from my TH. The server pop is so low that there is nothing on the market.

Solution:
How about a drop down menu for the type of mission (gifts, gems, metal, etc.) and populate a list of that type. I think it very unlikely that in a galaxy, galaxies are rather large, there is only one place I can go to find gemstones at any given time. Rare components are expected to be rare, not standard components. If standard components are rare there is no point to crafting.