Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Launcher crashes after pressing play

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Launcher crashes after pressing play
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Helena_Rowan
04.30.2012 , 03:11 PM | #1
Hello,

After logging in and clicking play, the launcher crashes to desktop. I've updated all my drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled direct x, downloaded all windows updates and fixed the launcher within the launcher screen. Fixlauncher.exe appears to be broken--I get halfway through the application and fixlauncher.exe crashes.

Any suggestions? I've tried everything that I've read in the other threads to no avail.

Helena_Rowan
04.30.2012 , 03:13 PM | #2
Logs, part one:

Spoiler

Helena_Rowan
04.30.2012 , 03:14 PM | #3
logs part 2 (it was too many char to fit in a single post)

Spoiler

Beesodd
04.30.2012 , 03:19 PM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Helena_Rowan,

From that log, it appears that the issue is not with the launcher, but with the game client crashing when you press play.

There is an issue that has been occuring recently where players' resolution and refresh rate has been causing problems, and starting the game in windowed mode may help(or at least narrow in on the source of the issue.)

Please navigate to C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\sett ings(you may have to show hidden folders) and open the client_settings file. In there, where it says "D3DFullScreen = true" and "FullScreen = true", change these values to false.

Then try to run the game. If it opens correctly, you can then adjust your resolution and refresh rate to suit your monitor before swapping back to fullscreen(note that the shortcut to toggle is Alt & Enter if you still experience problems).

I hope this helps.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Helena_Rowan
04.30.2012 , 03:42 PM | #5
Thank you. It's loaded now!

Beesodd
04.30.2012 , 03:58 PM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Thanks for lettings us know that you're in now.

Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any further problems in future, and enjoy the game.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support