Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mandalorian Iron useless now

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Mandalorian Iron useless now

Kosef
04.30.2012 , 08:33 AM | #1
I used to be able to make a living with just these. Now I can barely sell them, because of the mod-able gear.... at least on Ven Zallow. What about your servers?
Jung Ma: The Sicarii Legacy
EMPIRE:[Korvah-Mara][Kraven-Merc][Kosef-Sorc]

Drewhat
04.30.2012 , 08:57 AM | #2
Yeah, the price has dropped on my server too. This was somewhat to be expected. The most profitable crafting now takes either multiple suppliers (pvp material/space daily boxes/pve drops) and a fair amount of investment through RE. I wasn't rich enough to jump on that boat before it got here though so I'm trying to find new markets that don't take as much investment. I'm finding companion gifts to be 3-5x what I pay for the missions to get them, which is better than what iron is selling for at the moment.

Stone_Rain
04.30.2012 , 10:36 AM | #3
I sell mine for 8200 on my server

Alericus
01.22.2013 , 06:53 PM | #4
Hmmmmmm...

cartel market packs

gives speeders
gives crystals
gives modable armour,

so far Im seeing F2P impacting crafting..something done by subscribers.....a promise that Bioware made that we wouldnt be impacted by free to play.....technically correct but realistically we are.

So really who needs Mandalorian Iron? anyone?
Alaricus
"Through Strength I Gain Power!"

TalkingDinosaur
01.22.2013 , 07:31 PM | #5
Still sell mine for 10-11k on Harbringer.
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11

Codle
01.22.2013 , 08:08 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Alericus View Post
Hmmmmmm...

cartel market packs

gives speeders
gives crystals
gives modable armour,

so far Im seeing F2P impacting crafting..something done by subscribers.....a promise that Bioware made that we wouldnt be impacted by free to play.....technically correct but realistically we are.

So really who needs Mandalorian Iron? anyone?
Nice Necro.

People who want Grade 27 armorings and mods sure as hell need Iron. F2P has not impacted the crafting of these, and crafters benefit greatly from crafting them. Please actually learn the topic you make assumptions about before posting.
The Red Eclipse - Khaar Legacy
'Face it tiger, you just hit the jackpot.'

R.I.P. OPOD

POPsi
01.23.2013 , 03:12 AM | #7
I had like a full stack of them from UWT, never sold them on GTN coz I knew I was gonna use it for crafting, but lately I ran out of it despite I'm running UWT missions all the time. Checked GTN to buy some, they cost like 15kish on our server, so it's far from useless.

DaShuk
01.27.2013 , 01:03 PM | #8
It's going for about 14k(per piece) minimum on Jedi Covenant. Was looking around last night, my trooper is only 36 but I've already maxed out Armormech and was going to start crafting the Rakata gear ahead of time, have all the other mats except the Iron.

Neytirilix
08.15.2013 , 09:32 AM | #9
hi i need as much mandalorian iron as i can get at the moment - anyone got some i can have or buy?

psandak
08.15.2013 , 09:58 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Neytirilix View Post
hi i need as much mandalorian iron as i can get at the moment - anyone got some i can have or buy?
What server?