Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gold Spammers are already here!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Gold Spammers are already here!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Blackwheel
12.17.2011 , 04:07 PM | #1
It's pre-game release and gold spammers are already clogging the general discussion with spam. Ignor does make short work of that, but does SWTOR want them to be reported as well?
Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

renegadeimp
12.17.2011 , 04:10 PM | #2
If you see spammers, dont respond or acknowledge them. Simply right click their name and hit report spam, then add them to your ignore list. Remember, they are using preorder accounts and hacked accounts. Once launch comes, you wont see them unless people get their accounts compromised.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

Mallian
12.17.2011 , 04:10 PM | #3
I'm surprised they got here so fast already. Haven't seen any myself.

Best thing to do is probably get the character name and server, maybe even a screenshot of the chat. That way they can at least take actions on them.
Server: Ebon Hawk - Characters: Link

Ratae
12.17.2011 , 04:12 PM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  

Greetings Blackwheel,

If you come across players spamming in this way, please send a ticket to our Customer Service, with details of the character and any other information you think relevant.

Thank you for your assistance.

Ratae | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

AlexanderB
12.17.2011 , 04:13 PM | #5
I normally do not see any point reporting goldsellers, but, in this case, it might reduce the login queue by the number of goldsellers banned, so go for it.
Mitigation 1: Let us queue from the launcher.
Mitigation 2: Let us queue for one server while we play on another
Mitigation 3: Let us play our character on any server, lock the guilds to a specific one.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd: 6 Hour Queues!