Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Valis is not beatable @ 24

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Jedi Knight
Valis is not beatable @ 24

Jinsaru
12.18.2011 , 07:53 PM | #21
I really wish I rolled a Sentinel. Guardian is no fun right now. Every boss takes multiple attempts. I already gave up on Lord Praven as a Tank.
Venomstrike - SWG Lowca
I suggest a new strategy, R2. Let the Wookiee win.

Hizoka
12.18.2011 , 07:53 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinsaru View Post
I really wish I rolled a Sentinel. Guardian is no fun right now. Every boss takes multiple attempts. I already gave up on Lord Praven as a Tank.
sentinels are harder to play, if you cannot do it on the guardain you sure cannot do it on a sent

ryanko
12.19.2011 , 10:16 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Hizoka View Post
sentinels are harder to play, if you cannot do it on the guardain you sure cannot do it on a sent
Is right.

ThaCrow
12.19.2011 , 10:55 AM | #24
Quote:
I havn't played a Guardian before, but I can tell you, from what ive seen of their abilities, that sentinels have about 10000 more things to deal with in regard to fights. As a sent, your not as bullet proof as a gaurdian, which means, if you don't use EVERY ability at your disposal the moment you need to, it could cost you a fight. Imo, if you have problems with the lower level bosses (22-28) have fun with the bosses after Chapter 1, because they make those other bosses look like a bunch of *****es. lol
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Einstein

thanealpha
12.19.2011 , 11:05 AM | #25
I tore him up at 23. Kira was fine, I was at about 40% health when he went down. I didn't even use a pot.

Are you using your defensive cooldown skills?

I also artifice, so I have top damage hilts/crystals etc going for my lightsabers.

Hrmm...maybe I got lucky with some crits?

thepilk
12.19.2011 , 11:11 AM | #26
I literally facerolled through the fight on Combat Sentinel with Kira. Didnt even realize the fight was an issue till I started roaming the forums today.

Fatesender
12.19.2011 , 11:26 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Vincire View Post
True.

I went from hating this fight to realizing that Bioware wants us to use all of our abilities. I this is great since it makes each encounter have a different expectation. I hope they can do more with this.
This is true of any Elite fight starting in the mid 20's. By then your expected to know your abilities and make use of your interrupts/stuns etc.
HK-47 Beta Group!

andrew_b_gross
12.19.2011 , 11:33 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Fatesender View Post
This is true of any Elite fight starting in the mid 20's. By then your expected to know your abilities and make use of your interrupts/stuns etc.
So I realize I haven't been using my interrupts nearly enough.

Is there a consistent visual clue to tell you that a boss is beginning to use a big power? Or do you just figure it out as the fight goes along (meaning no way to interrupt it the first time. Can you interrupt after the power has started dealing damage?

Fatesender
12.19.2011 , 11:42 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by andrew_b_gross View Post
So I realize I haven't been using my interrupts nearly enough.

Is there a consistent visual clue to tell you that a boss is beginning to use a big power? Or do you just figure it out as the fight goes along (meaning no way to interrupt it the first time. Can you interrupt after the power has started dealing damage?
Above your quickbars to the right is your boss target. When he goes to use his big abilities they are channelled...so you will see a bar for either channelling or building up his ability. That's when you force kick or force statis them.
HK-47 Beta Group!

Outtkast
12.19.2011 , 11:49 AM | #30
Don't force leap in, run in. You'll focus starved for a second, but he always throws you out before his super charge ability. force leap interrupts all actions, it will interrupt the. Cast, that saves your kick or surpress to stop anything else. It might be close a time or two, but force leap was always available as long as I didn't open with it.

Watching interrupts I didn't even have to use call on the force or a med pack. Just watch the interrupts and should be good.