Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hardmode Denova: Toth & Zorn Bugged

kiore
04.26.2012 , 04:11 PM | #11
We saw some very wonky things too.

As others have said, it seemed like getting MORE distance seemed to almost guarantee ranged would get hit.

We tank Zorn by the tree and Toth at the cave mouth and I noticed when i tank Zorn with me facing Toth we seem to more reliably avoid the debuff. When I stand between my ranged/healer as one person pointed out, we almost always get 1-2 people hit by the debuff.

I don't mind the tight mechanics regarding positioning, but something is strange and it feels like with heals as short in this game as they are, shortening the distance of the abilities could help some with this "weirdness".

alifaraaz
04.26.2012 , 04:55 PM | #12
We had some issues with this too, both tonight and on tuesday 16man and 8man.

Some said it can be down to the game not updating your position, and a jump or little strafe can help update your psotion. I dont really understand, it's just what I'm told.

Nonetheless the fact that so many are having this issue - something is definitely wrong.

In the end we sort of worked around it by tanking Toth so that he's further behind on his side of wall, so that when he jumps he jumps behind Zorn (even further away from the ranged than Zorn himself). This seemed to work, as on those attempts none of the ranged got the debuff.
The downside is that this kinda ****s with overall raid positioning, making life a bit awkward when it came to healers and ranged dps having to take the yellow circle to Toth during his mini-enrages.
Kazar - Powertech, [Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU]

Commogeek
04.26.2012 , 06:56 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by alifaraaz View Post
We had some issues with this too, both tonight and on tuesday 16man and 8man.

Some said it can be down to the game not updating your position, and a jump or little strafe can help update your psotion. I dont really understand, it's just what I'm told.

Nonetheless the fact that so many are having this issue - something is definitely wrong.

In the end we sort of worked around it by tanking Toth so that he's further behind on his side of wall, so that when he jumps he jumps behind Zorn (even further away from the ranged than Zorn himself). This seemed to work, as on those attempts none of the ranged got the debuff.
The downside is that this kinda ****s with overall raid positioning, making life a bit awkward when it came to healers and ranged dps having to take the yellow circle to Toth during his mini-enrages.
Our problem is even when our Sorc backed off before jumps he still was sometimes hit with the debuff and then hits DoTs would smoke him. We had positioning that alleviated some issues, but during the red circle rock phase the tank has no choice but to dance and if Toth Jumps before positioning is perfect again the ranged are oft0en -hung out to dry. I'd be fine with just really tough mechanics, but our sorc has made sure to stay at 28+ yards with his range finder and still getting hit.
GM of Vigor on Sword of Ajunta Pall

Adenn Vau: Scoundrel heals <GM of Vigor>
Atin Vau my BH from another life...

xenofire
04.26.2012 , 08:17 PM | #14
Sigh.

People still aren't listening. It's not bugged. Ever since we adjusted our strategy we've never had a single person "randomly get it".... Unless they were running from red ground reticules and got too close to the bosses. (Essentially, unless someone screws up, they won't get it.)

The caviot is that the debuff is applied based on WHERE TOTH LANDS, not where Zorn is. You have to design your strategy so that you control where Toth lands, and make it look something like this.

.........(ZORN)(TANK)............
.................................................. .............................Ranged DPS

..........XXXXX..........
.........(ZORN)(TANK)............
.................................................. .............................Ranged DPS

XXXX -- TOTH LANDS HERE

If you do this, you will never get the debuff.

For reference, I posted our positioning here near the bottom of the page:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=425701&page=6
Guildmaster of The Remnant on The Harbinger
#4 World | #2 US | EC16 HM

Akella
04.29.2012 , 01:27 AM | #15
We were running into the same problem on 16 Hard Mode as well. However we changed up our strategy a bit and are not having any problems. We didn't down it the first week but we've killed them the last 2 weeks using our new strategy.

Edit: Wanted to add that the last two weeks we have killed it on 16 man hard mode with no deaths on Toth/Zorn.

Edit 2: Just noticed what Zenofire above my post said. That's what we started doing as well and it's working fine. I don't think the fight is bugged.
Never argue with a fool, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

grintar
04.29.2012 , 03:06 AM | #16
Not bugged, your dps suck... we did it tonight and one of our DPS was derp'n so we replaced, what you know it didnt happen again...

invizion
04.29.2012 , 06:10 AM | #17
We had this "issue" but fixed it easily, just split the DPS into two groups and have them all target switch when fearful is cast. works all the time
Regret Gaming
Now accepting X-Realm apps - Tomb of Freedon Nadd EU
http://www.twitch.tv/invi_tv

brentonj
04.29.2012 , 09:45 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by invizion View Post
We had this "issue" but fixed it easily, just split the DPS into two groups and have them all target switch when fearful is cast. works all the time
Kinda difficult with DoT's still up on one of the bosses.
Ability Delay
"Busy adults who desire high level progression & expect high performance results"

Rutrict
04.29.2012 , 10:06 PM | #19
I find this as a tank one of the best fights in the new content. Guild I am in has downed this every week on Hard mode since 1.2 released. We've had no bugs, if you're failing it's a L2P issue. Don't mean to sound cocky or arrogant, but really this fight isn't bugged. It took us 3 nights of 6 hours attempts to learn this fight, now we go in and 1 shot this, tanks and minesweeper boss every Tuesday night.

Video of us downing it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmH_vzPWEZM
[Assassins of Sion] - 50 Sith Juggernaut - Xodric - Lament Configuration
SWtOR: CE Pre-Order

Quote: Originally Posted by Kaphik View Post
No, it's just an opinion. People disagreeing with someone's opinion is not flaming nor is it trolling. It's called discussion.

xenofire
04.30.2012 , 12:39 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by invizion View Post
This is a waste of time.

Get better positioning and it's not necessary.
Guildmaster of The Remnant on The Harbinger
#4 World | #2 US | EC16 HM