Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Space gameplay concepts. Compiled works of multi posters.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Space gameplay concepts. Compiled works of multi posters.

FaceShindu
04.27.2012 , 07:49 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by dazednconfuzed View Post
Edit: Another little bit of the picture that your comment on reinforcements made me think of. Asteroid hauling. Use an overly large rock to block a hyperspace route. That'll either stop reinforcements travelling along that route (they will drop into normal space when they reach the rock) or it could be used to drop transport ships out of hyperspace for an ambush.
Who left that asteroid there! *gets out his D5 and moves it to the hyperspace curb* Damn kids
Money, Hoes & Clothes. All a Hunter Knows
MarloLord Calypho

Shingara
04.27.2012 , 07:50 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by FaceShindu View Post
Who left that asteroid there! *gets out his D5 and moves it to the hyperspace curb* Damn kids

LoL just made me spit my coffee out
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

dazednconfuzed
04.27.2012 , 07:55 AM | #23
*Space Jawas rush over and start cleaning your windscreen*

Utinni!!!
Jedi Master Kai'sinn. Not only evil hides in the shadows.
Jedi Master Tzathali. Korriban/Tython Exchange Program.
Major Dulne. Nothing will stop Havoc Squad, Sir.

FaceShindu
04.27.2012 , 08:00 AM | #24
But in all seriousness, Space Jawas need the credit's. Support your local Space Jawas.

One thing i need i think will need to be fixed before any of this can happen is server population. The pop my my server is decent but i know many are a lot worse. Without high populations introducing more social hubs and space activity will bring down the population everywhere else.
MarloLord Calypho

Shingara
04.27.2012 , 08:04 AM | #25
But in all seriousness, Space Jawas need the credit's. Support your local Space Jawas.

One thing i need i think will need to be fixed before any of this can happen is server population. The pop my my server is decent but i know many are a lot worse. Without high populations introducing more social hubs and space activity will bring down the population everywhere else.
Well i can see server migrations being in effect well before any space update and doing something along these lines will bring alot of people to the game anyhows.

PS dazed added your idea to the 1st post, can you check its right ?. Its turning into a major wall of text, thank god i set a 2nd post lol
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

FaceShindu
04.27.2012 , 08:07 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Shingara View Post
Well i can see server migrations being in effect well before any space update and doing something along these lines will bring alot of people to the game anyhows.
Thats true. Although server merger is almost impossible server migration should help a bunch, especially if its free from low pop servers.
MarloLord Calypho

Shingara
04.27.2012 , 08:21 AM | #27
Thats true. Although server merger is almost impossible server migration should help a bunch, especially if its free from low pop servers.

Also with the way we have outlined stations in space not being social hubs but more stop and shop/sell places means that fleets and if they do it guild bases in asteroids will be the only real social hubs still. All the other orbital stations we have now for planets can still be used as social hubs and flown to via free flight.

Of course we should expect people to be able to get on others ships whislt still in space and others being on ships in a social aspect whilst others are piloting them to be in effect. Under what we have come up with they could also do things like crit crafting bonus's whilst crafting on mining ships as they are developed to refine ores and manufacturing of which mining ships are defined as the crafters ship of choice.

I mean lets look at an idea from this, players make missiles for example, other players could go upto another player on a mining ship who makes missiles. They open up chat with them and the player invites them onto the ship, places an order and the crafter creates 1000 missiles for them, the player gets back in there ship and goes along his way.

Missile mags still hold a cap of lets say a max 150 missiles and 4 protons but you can store more on your ship and other players be it on stations or running around in your ship can reload the missile mags with stores held on the ship.

That creates a basis for an economic need for space crafters and gives a major reason for gtns on ships.

Shingara
04.27.2012 , 09:38 AM | #28
What can be done for ship customization cos obviously we dont wanna be copy pastes of each other do we. Ive dotted down an idea in the 2nd post.

BTW i found a great video of how the space combat and small fighters could work http://youtu.be/ocfxCJUfgvY

Shingara
04.27.2012 , 12:18 PM | #29
Just thought of another thing for missions, possibly workable on the ground too. Research and investigation.

Key to this is you follow a specific line of research, could be sith history, jedi history, a necronomicon of the infinate empire or eshkari tech. Looking for old tech and info in one of them can give you hints to hidden space routes, tech that they used and unlock datacrons type things for use in space. The research allows you to create specific weapons and shields etc that they developed that you can equip to your ship and when mastered can lead you to unlocking rare ships at master level.

Its found via finding abandoned ships, space stations and old satalies in space. When i say jedi and sith i mean from before the force wars era stuff. You know how there is like a long lost sith ship on voss and that type thing. They could be orbiting close to suns on a decaying orbit so you have a slim time to get on sort and tow them or get what you need from them.

Im thinking it could work via codex entrys, the codex entrys give tips and hints to where possibly look next.

I dont know how to limit the effects or the possible edge it could give beyond cosmetics and possible time invested and how you could give it to players without being power leveled. But ye know just throwing it out there for peeps to bounce off.

Jedi_Walt
04.27.2012 , 01:23 PM | #30
Please Bioware and Lucasarts make it easier for me to fully control my ship with my joystick; I can fully move my ship and fire both lasers and rockets, but the problem is that my crosshairs stay in the middle of the screen so I can't fire at the enemies I need to while using my joystick.
Please give us more control with our ship and A LOT more options for customizing our ships and having more ship choices. Please have open space flight and space pvp as well as different missions to gather items and board capital ships. Please never forget, this is Star Wars Space is CRITICAL! There are some really awesome ideas posted on this forum that would make this gaming experience amazing!

Jenruthax Orthos - Jedi