Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Space gameplay concepts. Compiled works of multi posters.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Space gameplay concepts. Compiled works of multi posters.

FaceShindu
04.27.2012 , 03:47 AM | #11
I would agree that although there is a lot of exploration on the ground, i havent really found any spots that theres no mobs thats purely just there for the beauty of exploration. Finding a nice spot with an amazing view or a random hut to set down in for the night.

I hope they add space stations or ships that are just there for social reasons. This is where i think player created stations and ships will come into play. You can either choose to turn your station into a trading post or a war station. The same with capitol ships. Did anyone ever play Zelda Wind Waker when you would randomly see a trading ship out in the ocean. Something like that but on a much much larger scale. But maybe im just spit balling
Money, Hoes & Clothes. All a Hunter Knows
MarloLord Calypho

dazednconfuzed
04.27.2012 , 04:38 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by FaceShindu View Post
I hope they add space stations or ships that are just there for social reasons. This is where i think player created stations and ships will come into play. You can either choose to turn your station into a trading post or a war station. The same with capitol ships. Did anyone ever play Zelda Wind Waker when you would randomly see a trading ship out in the ocean. Something like that but on a much much larger scale. But maybe im just spit balling
This is a good idea. It would make the galaxy feel a lot more alive.
Jedi Master Kai'sinn. Not only evil hides in the shadows.
Jedi Master Tzathali. Korriban/Tython Exchange Program.
Major Dulne. Nothing will stop Havoc Squad, Sir.

FaceShindu
04.27.2012 , 05:36 AM | #13
Being able to look on the galaxy map to see the locations of player ships and stations would be great. Stations should probably be stationary but moving guilds capitol ships would be awesome. You have to request permission to bored and you can block certain players or guild from entering. Would almost create sub factions. Guild that your friendly with could group up into fleets and raid on imp/pubs capitol ships. ITS A TRAP would have a whole new meaning! And it would give another reason for guilds to stick together. I dont mean guilds full of alts but active guilds should have the better ships.
Money, Hoes & Clothes. All a Hunter Knows
MarloLord Calypho

Shingara
04.27.2012 , 06:55 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by NNYRuhkl View Post
You'd almost be better off along the swg system. As you level up choose if you want to unlock new offensive weapons, new engines, new abilities or new ships. But in the end you still got everything, the order you took them optimized how fast/easy you leveled.
That is exactly what we set out if you look, the skills and abilities you chose as you go up improve the desired ships you wish to learn 1st and then as time goes on you attain skills linked to other ships that dont have a major effect or no effect on the ship type you use but improve your abilities when in other ships.

And once you have all the skills they pass down to your companions so that when you have them all your companions have all the skills required to perform the tow back to dock on reclaimed ships. The skills that you learn in the order sets out what ships you can reclaim to keep so that only when your a master pilot you can get the best ships as they require you and your companions to pilot them.

And at the same time you can still reclaim ships for parts or keeping in the branch that you have set into whilst you level As this is a key part of it when it comes to companions, the skills you learn dont just effect you but effect your companions as when no players are available they inherit some of the learned skills based on there land skills to be used in ship stations and turrets when your piloting ships.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

dazednconfuzed
04.27.2012 , 07:03 AM | #15
Here's another space activity...Piracy!!!

Basically, you and your mates get together and go and pick on Rep/Imp trade routes. Obviously the greater share of your haul goes back to your faction for the war effort (to stop people abusing it to become very rich quickly), but you keep your cut.

Shingara
04.27.2012 , 07:06 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by dazednconfuzed View Post
Here's another space activity...Piracy!!!

Basically, you and your mates get together and go and pick on Rep/Imp trade routes. Obviously the greater share of your haul goes back to your faction for the war effort (to stop people abusing it to become very rich quickly), but you keep your cut.
I think that could fall under espionage, you go into the other factions trade routes to disrupt them, You then send the supplys off to the bases that need them the most like belsavis resistance or balmora.

That could influence pvp zones in open space so the more supplys you send to specific zones means either imps or reps have the most factioned npc forces in the zone. Like a cap an hold on a 2 hour timer or something that effects buffs in the space zone.

When the pvp zone event starts then the stored goods etc sets out who has the greatest defenses or offensive npcs for the battle. Could even be a space station and who ever wins keeps the station for the next 2 hours, on the station it gives the best prices for goods to smuggle, something along ship parts, ore refining prices etc.

The wall of crazy has nothing on us
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

dazednconfuzed
04.27.2012 , 07:24 AM | #17
Hmmm, no. When I suggested Space Espionage, I was thinking more sneaky sneaky stuff, not going in all guns blazing and making off with as much loot as possible.

For espionage, I was more thinking along the lines of sneaking up to a Republic fleet and planting homing beacons, so your Intel networks constantly know where they are. Or, planting clues and false sensor readings to lure a fleet into a trap. That sort of thing.

Shingara
04.27.2012 , 07:28 AM | #18
Hmmm, no. When I suggested Space Espionage, I was thinking more sneaky sneaky stuff, not going in all guns blazing and making off with as much loot as possible.

For espionage, I was more thinking along the lines of sneaking up to a Republic fleet and planting homing beacons, so your Intel networks constantly know where they are. Or, planting clues and false sensor readings to lure a fleet into a trap. That sort of thing.
I mean as in the stance that espionage is tied to a space pvp/pve zone on a timer, what you do in those missions be it sneaky of which i think sacking trade routes could be in that has an extra purpose to it with benefits to who claims it for those 2 hours.

Like your previous idea, the background for doing it could be to stop reinforcements getting out of the spacedock that you have set traps on or that the stations wouldnt even recieve the message cos you blocked there reciever and you get a heads up where reinforcements are coming from cos you have set up a listening post.

The idea of piracy sets out the other side of supplying forces to join you in the battle to take control of the station or defend it when the event starts.

I dont see a reason to not give people loot and rewards for doing that part of it even if they dont actually get involved with the pvp/pve event as they have still done there part to help the pvp/pve event. And if there is more then one pvp/pve station then the false clues could send reinforcements to the wrong station or an ambush.

dazednconfuzed
04.27.2012 , 07:41 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Shingara View Post
I mean as in the stance that espionage is tied to a space pvp/pve zone on a timer, what you do in those missions be it sneaky of which i think sacking trade routes could be in that has an extra purpose to it with benefits to who claims it for those 2 hours.

Like your previous idea, the background for doing it could be to stop reinforcements getting out of the spacedock that you have set traps on or that the stations wouldnt even recieve the message cos you blocked there reciever and you get a heads up where reinforcements are coming from cos you have set up a listening post.

The idea of piracy sets out the other side of supplying forces to join you in the battle to take control of the station or defend it when the event starts.

I dont see a reason to not give people loot and rewards for doing that part of it even if they dont actually get involved with the pvp/pve event as they have still done there part to help the pvp/pve event. And if there is more then one pvp/pve station then the false clues could send reinforcements to the wrong station or an ambush.
I see what you've done. You are mixing everything up together, where I was considering single actions. You've gone for the big picture, where I was looking at the little bits that make up said picture

Edit: Another little bit of the picture that your comment on reinforcements made me think of. Asteroid hauling. Use an overly large rock to block a hyperspace route. That'll either stop reinforcements travelling along that route (they will drop into normal space when they reach the rock) or it could be used to drop transport ships out of hyperspace for an ambush.

Shingara
04.27.2012 , 07:46 AM | #20
I see what you've done. You are mixing everything up together, where I was considering single actions. You've gone for the big picture, where I was looking at the little bits that make up said picture

Edit: Another little bit of the picture that your comment on reinforcements made me think of. Asteroid hauling. Use an overly large rock to block a hyperspace route. That'll either stop reinforcements travelling along that route (they will drop into normal space when they reach the rock) or it could be used to drop transport ships out of hyperspace for an ambush.
And that could be tied to space miners, they will be the only ones with a big enough ship and the power not to mention a grappling hook and tow line, to tow asteroids of that size once mined into space routes. That could set an ambush for other players or npcs. Which in turn is how piracy could be done.